Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-08-2024, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts
Two for Ibex94, enjoy! Hugs!

Love both these blocks for Ibex. Now how cute is that bat. The web pattern is great too.
Old 09-08-2024, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by Lstew2212
This weekend and next is doggie swim in the main pool before they drain it for the winter. My Remy had a blast.
Go Remy. Thanks for the pictures with Remy enjoying the pool.
Old 09-09-2024, 03:39 AM

Libster, honey we miss you too!!! Will be so happy to see you back next year.
Beautiful blocks everyone, love the variety of patterns everyone is using this time around.
Great doggie picture, such a pretty pup!

Today we are leaving for Alabama. We will drive half of the way through, spend a night in Kentucky, then arrive at our home late afternoon on Tuesday. Will check in when I can.

Cheese

Old 09-09-2024, 03:57 AM

Good morning, Libster! So glad you stopped in! The blocks are lovely, aren’t they? I know, I say that every round but they are. We’ll look forward to having you join us next time. Probably will start signups sometime in January or February.
Originally Posted by Libster
Ladies, I absolutely love all these gorgeous blocks being posted. I'm sure missing being in for this Boom. Hopefully, next time. Hugs to all.
Old 09-09-2024, 04:30 AM

Lstew, your Remy look so happy! Our Connie liked to be at the edge of the water and chase waves but Ripley would dive in and hardly want to get out. Thanks for sharing these.

Cheese, have a safe drive. We've begun splitting long drives up into two day events. Used to be we could drive straight through to the destination, but no longer. We tend to enjoy our drives much more now.

Reba, WMUTeaach, Terriamn and Lstew, love your blocks and the way they show off large sections of fabric.

Went for a short walk this morning. The pain that was all gone over the weekend thanks to resting, ice and meds came roaring back. This fits the scenario of a tear in the knee. I've updated the PA so we'll see if that's enough to get an MRI.

It's mighty cool this morning and clear. Only 49 degrees when I woke at 6. I hope there is good star watching tonight.

Have a good day, Squirrels

Old 09-09-2024, 07:15 AM

Ltsew love the Remy pictures. We had a boxer who are notorious non swimmers with their pushed in nose. Eventually our rotweillor came along and Brittany the boxer taught herself to swim so she could join the rotti and our friends 2 labs. It was pretty funny she wasn’t fast but she would grab the toy out of their mouths and snort herself to shore. Thx for the great memories.

Libster it was wonderful hearing from you.
Old 09-09-2024, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

Libster, so good to hear from you! Hope you can Boom with us next time. Hope you are doing well, every day!

The blocks are looking great! Love all of them but especially mine from MJP, WMUT, LStew, Reba, and Terriamn! So many blocks for me and I love them all. What a surprise today! Thank you ladies for your fine work. The fussy cutting is great. Can't wait to put this quilt together.

My time here in Memphis is winding down. I'm thinking about driving home to MS maybe tomorrow. My doggie is ready to be back on his home turf. And I have things to do at home too.

Yesterday I went to an estate sale of a quilter. She was the real deal. Her beautiful quilts hung on the walls in every room of her house... show quilts. There were two of her Bernina sewing machines for sale. One sold for $2000 but was worth 10x that ! There is another one, older, that is still there that I am thinking about. I got some of her fabric stash (not too much, I was good!) and many great Creative Grids rulers to add to my ruler collection. Very exciting. Got books and magazines too. You don't find many estate sales like this. I was kind of sad the family was letting so many of her quilts go. Then again, they probably had many they kept. Fun finds!
Old 09-09-2024, 08:40 AM

Good afternoon. I’m cleaning out my sewing room and ran across Dear Jane rulers I bought at least 15 years ago. It’s not even opened. Is any current Boomer interested in it? I’ll happily send it with your blocks when they’re returned to you. Let me know. First one to claim it, gets it.

Attached Thumbnails img_6301.jpeg   img_6300.jpeg  
Old 09-09-2024, 11:09 AM

They’ve been claimed!
Originally Posted by Janice McC
Good afternoon. I’m cleaning out my sewing room and ran across Dear Jane rulers I bought at least 15 years ago. It’s not even opened. Is any current Boomer interested in it? I’ll happily send it with your blocks when they’re returned to you. Let me know. First one to claim it, gets it.
Old 09-09-2024, 01:00 PM

Sewbiz that must have been one heck of an estate sale. Congratulations on the rulers. I am trying to collect all the loc bloc rulers. Couldn’t find one yesterday and I was 1 strep from panic. Hubby happened by and was helping me look and I found it in my ruler rack, where it didn’t belong. Phew

Cheesehead hav a safe drive to your Alabama home