Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-09-2024, 02:03 PM

Wow, I've been off the QB for just two days and so many beautiful blocks being finished daily! Reba, thank you for my block!

Old 09-09-2024, 02:34 PM

My production for today. Time for dinner and a walk. Will read posts later. All for Terriamn
Attached Thumbnails 2024-09-09-terriamn-1.jpg   2024-09-09-terriamn-2.jpg   2024-09-09-terriamn-3.jpg  
Old 09-09-2024, 03:43 PM

WMUT thank you for all three beauties, your shade of blue goes great with my boom fabric and the creamy butter is perfect with my other floral print. I definitely need to invest in some more yellow. Thx again.
Old 09-09-2024, 03:46 PM

Oops forgot my picture. Here is one for today and it’s for TG
Attached Thumbnails img_3864.jpeg  
Old 09-09-2024, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts
Two for Ibex94, enjoy! Hugs!
Love them! Totally fun spooky! Thank you!!
Old 09-09-2024, 05:40 PM

I was lucky to get three of my grandchildren to come and visit here in New Orleans this past weekend. I babysat while son and daughter in law went to the Saints game (Go Saints!). We went to Storyland and the Amusment Park in City Park. The kids were dazzled and amazed and we had an absolute blast. No sewing -- sorry ya'll -- no internet, just nonstop play and eating. I am way behind on reading what you all have been up to!

While cleaning the kids' bedroom after they left I found a note that the eldest (12) had written to herself... Future: Go to Lita's College... move to New Orleans.. start a family. Gotta love grandkids!! (I'm their "Lita" short for abuelita or little grandma.)

Teriamn, my heart is breaking for you and your husband and family. Blessings to all of you. Watching the general slowdown of bodies is strange... it is a blessing to have lived so long to have it happen but agonizing to not be able to help make it better. Just love as fiercely as you can while you can is the only advice I can offer. Gentle hugs to your brilliant BIL on his journey.
Old 09-10-2024, 03:09 AM

Good morning. Started sewing at 4:45 this morning on scrappy blocks. Woke up fully alert and headed down the hall. My MRI has been scheduled for 10 days from now. Yay. I guess I’ll know if I need surgery in a couple of weeks. There’s a mixed blessing. Might throw a kink in getting a new pup. We’ll see.

Ibex, sounds like a wonderful time with your grands. So special. We get to see our DGD’s today. Wonder what they’ll have in store for us.

Sbg, sounds like a fabulous estate sale but it’s sad too, picking over the person’s items, searching for bargains. I guess if something happened to me tomorrow, people would be going through my things, too. Better keep using up my stash!

I’m going to be heading out of town tomorrow. I’ll have phone access to check in but I won’t be posting blocks until Friday.

Have a fine day.

Old 09-10-2024, 05:06 AM

I don’t want my stash going in to a sale , the little money they would make won’t help anyone. I prefer it to get donated to different charities I participate in, The mission quilts in Texas for the needy, Sunshine for children with cleft plate in third world countries and Kennel quilts for different Humane societies
Old 09-10-2024, 08:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Sbg, sounds like a fabulous estate sale but it’s sad too, picking over the person’s items, searching for bargains. I guess if something happened to me tomorrow, people would be going through my things, too.
Yes, there's always that sad aspect to every estate sale. Either the homeowner died or couldn't live at home any longer. Very sad, but we all get there if we are blessed to live a long life. It's a good reminder to make plans for our machines and stash after we are gone. As they say, "You can't take it with you". Whatever my kids don't want (which is probably all of it) I would like to leave to my guilds, for charity use. At least then I know it will bless someone and won't end up in a landfill.

I'm just checking in before hitting the road today, for my return trip home. It's about 3.5 - 4 hours of driving. Then I can start making blocks again, yay!

Hope you have safe travels too, Cheese.
Old 09-10-2024, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

Lovely blocks, WMUT and Terri!