Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-10-2024, 01:00 PM

I cut out one block for WMUT but in too much pain to sew. That is probably good and for a change I just said ok, I will continue this block with small amounts of sewing time

We met our friends from the cities for lunch and boy did I hit the jackpot. Bill is the one who brought me all of his Mother’s leftover batting and this time he brought me a plastic grocery bad size filled with feed sack fabric and even a newspaper article written about feed sack fabric from 2004.

Will try and take a picture when up to it
Old 09-10-2024, 01:20 PM

Feed sacks, what a treasure! Make memories with those gems. My grandma made me a charming 1950's style little girl dress from a feed sack when I was little some where between 4 and 6. The skirt was a soft yellow with brown animals tumbling all over it. The bodice was creamy unbleached muslin. The round color and bow in the back and the bands on the little puffy sleeves were of the same print as the skirt. I have been looking for that fabric for years but not found it. The dress just rests in my memory. She never had electricity so I am sure she made the dress on her treadle machine.

Enjoy your feed sacks!
Old 09-10-2024, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts
Here are 3 more, I found a pattern called tick tack tow from Quilters Cache. Perfect for cutting focus motifs. One for Sewbiz, one for NZQuilter, one for All2Pieces. Hugs!
These are beautiful blocks, Love the pattern.

Originally Posted by terriamn
Love all the wonderful blocks and all the fussy cutting.

Shoulder was well enough to make 3 blocks tonight. 1 for All2Pieces, MJP and my challenge block for Sewbiz

WMUT you are correct about it being great that there are reputable places for our loved ones to go to for Memory Care. We are still in shock.
These are wonderful blocks too. The one for Sewbiz really does look challenging

Originally Posted by Cheesehead
Libster, honey we miss you too!!! Will be so happy to see you back next year.
Beautiful blocks everyone, love the variety of patterns everyone is using this time around.
Great doggie picture, such a pretty pup!

Today we are leaving for Alabama. We will drive half of the way through, spend a night in Kentucky, then arrive at our home late afternoon on Tuesday. Will check in when I can.

Cheese
Have a safe trip

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Libster, so good to hear from you! Hope you can Boom with us next time. Hope you are doing well, every day!

The blocks are looking great! Love all of them but especially mine from MJP, WMUT, LStew, Reba, and Terriamn! So many blocks for me and I love them all. What a surprise today! Thank you ladies for your fine work. The fussy cutting is great. Can't wait to put this quilt together.

My time here in Memphis is winding down. I'm thinking about driving home to MS maybe tomorrow. My doggie is ready to be back on his home turf. And I have things to do at home too.

Yesterday I went to an estate sale of a quilter. She was the real deal. Her beautiful quilts hung on the walls in every room of her house... show quilts. There were two of her Bernina sewing machines for sale. One sold for $2000 but was worth 10x that ! There is another one, older, that is still there that I am thinking about. I got some of her fabric stash (not too much, I was good!) and many great Creative Grids rulers to add to my ruler collection. Very exciting. Got books and magazines too. You don't find many estate sales like this. I was kind of sad the family was letting so many of her quilts go. Then again, they probably had many they kept. Fun finds!
Wow, so sad that the quilter can't quilt anymore, but at least some of her stash and tools will be going to a good home and will be used lovingly.

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
My production for today. Time for dinner and a walk. Will read posts later. All for Terriamn
Really pretty blocks

Oops forgot my picture. Here is one for today and it’s for TG
Great block for TG.

LIbster, we sure do miss you. nice to see you checking in.
Old 09-10-2024, 04:57 PM

I made two tonight, one for Travelinggramma and One for Cheesehead
Attached Thumbnails travelinggramma.jpg   cheesehead.jpg  
Old 09-10-2024, 11:51 PM
Power Poster

Those are super cute, Lstew!

I made two this afternoon, as well. I wanted to post them but my phone (camera) died. So I'll post tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2024, 12:48 AM
Power Poster

Phone is charged enough now to post pics. First is for Reba. I hope it somehow relates to Sheldon being a physicist.
The second block is for TG. Hope her “older boy” will be pleased with it.
Attached Thumbnails img_5261.jpeg   img_5263.jpeg  
Old 09-11-2024, 03:42 AM

Good morning, Boomers. Great new colorful blocks turned up overnight. Nice work Lstew and SBG!

Today I head out of town so just a reminder I won't be taking my computer with me so no gallery updating until Friday. Today there's a luncheon with a group of 20 women at a beautiful golf course. We go monthly and I always enjoy seeing everyone. I'm lucky to have found this local group last year.

Hope you all have a happy rest of your week! I look forward to seeing what you all come up with in the next couple of days.

(blocks pulled to here)
Old 09-11-2024, 05:15 AM

Fun and bright blocks Lstew and Sewbiz.

Here are the feed sacks. WMUT will have to really research what to make out these sweet prints
Attached Thumbnails img_3865.jpeg  
Old 09-11-2024, 05:30 AM

Terriamn, beautiful feed sacks! I have quite a few that I planned to use in a double wedding ring quilt. Time has changed my wishes and now I’m not sure what to do with them all. I suppose I could try to sell them but am not up on the best place to do that. Anyone have any suggestions?
Fun and bright blocks Lstew and Sewbiz.

Here are the feed sacks. WMUT will have to really research what to make out these sweet prints
Old 09-11-2024, 07:18 AM
Power Poster

Lstew those blocks for TG and Cheese are great.

Sewbiz very nice blocks for TG and Reba. That fabric for Reba's blocks looks perfect.