Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-11-2024, 06:15 PM

Lstew and WMUT they are all very pretty blocks!

Hoping Ibex is safe and good to hear the storm is being downgraded. We are even supposed to have rain this weekend from the hurricane

My oldest dd is back in the US, safe and sound. She loved being in Pars for the Olympics, according to her it felt like even the air was electrified. Then Kelly was off to Dublin, she loves Dublin and it’s surrounding towns and totally enjoyed all the site seeing. Last was Croatia, a country that was new to her. She met a friend from Texas there and they did all the usual tourist stops the first week and the second week they took a cruise on a smaller boat stopping at many islands along the way, Croatia is a very old country and she said at times it was hard to even fathom how old the buildings were.. Glad she is home safe and sound
Old 09-11-2024, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212
I made one for NZquilter tonight, hope you like it.
I love it, thank you!

I too am praying that Ibex, and everyone else in the path of this storm is safe!

I haven't had a chance to sew in a couple of days but my plan is to get back to my machine tomorrow, bright and early!
Old 09-11-2024, 08:25 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty block for Hav, Lstew!

Terri, your daughter's trip to Croatia sounds amazing. So glad she got to experience that!
Old 09-11-2024, 08:49 PM

Hey all! So many lovely blocks!
I hope everyone is staying safe and dry from the storm. We've had a nice soaking rain for two days, with more forecast for tomorrow. The rain gauge has overflowed. The internet has been intermittent. I can't get my audio books to download so I can't listen to them while sewing. At least the temperatures have cooled off. That's a relief.

Here's some blocks I've been working on. Two card tricks for Hav4boys, one floral and one stars. I hope you like them.
Attached Thumbnails hav4boys-floral.png   hav4boys2-starscardtrick.jpg  
Old 09-11-2024, 08:59 PM

Lstew - This crowning glory block in your fabric reminds me of sunflowers. I hope you enjoy it.
Cheesehead - This is a "Borrow and Lend" block for you. It is similar to a spool patterrn, but not quite the same. I hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails lstew2212-2.jpg   cheesehead-2.jpg  
Old 09-11-2024, 09:08 PM

Hav4boys - I recieved two packs of your star fabric. Here's a Coxey's Camp block and a Diamond Star. That should be one interesting couch cover.Yes, the Coxey's Camp block has two shades of navy. I hope you like them.
Attached Thumbnails hav4boys-coxeycamp.jpg   have4boys-diamond-star.jpg  

Last edited by All2Pieces; 09-11-2024 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-11-2024, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas
I pulled out a salmon color that matched perfectly and filled the make a colorful block request. If you FMQ (free motion quilt) this it will make a great place for a design. After I took the picture I went back and trimmed the outside a little better. I didn’t take another picture. Amazing what the picture can show you.

I thought I’d make the same block for All2 as I did for Sewbiz but I couldn’t make the fussy cutting work. So instead I used The Tula Pink’s City Sampler 100 modern blocks #4. Love those birds..
MJP - Thank you for such a pretty block! You're right, the salmon looks like a perfect match. Thanks!
Old 09-12-2024, 04:40 AM

Good foggy morning from the mountains! My view is down below. Roflol. The second pic is yesterday’s view from the same spot. Today will be spent driving the Blue Ridge Parkway when, if, it clears up.

Beautiful blocks, one and all. Wonderful.
Attached Thumbnails img_6319.jpeg   img_6316.jpeg  
Old 09-12-2024, 04:59 AM

All2pieces nice sharp blocks, all of them.

Sewbiz Croatia isn’t a country I would have even thought of visiting before Kelly’s trip. Glad I could experience it through all her pictures

Janice that is a dense fog. Hope you will share some pictures when it lifts.
Old 09-12-2024, 10:14 AM
Power Poster

What great blocks, A2P!

I didn't think I'd have electricity today. We lost power for about 12 hours, but they just got it back on. That was pretty fast for how widespread the outages were. Today everything is soaked and there are tree limbs on the ground of all sizes. But at least it's not hot. Haven't seen a whole tree down, but I haven't been out too far from the house yet.

A2P, hope you don't get flooding from all the rain. That's always the danger here, too.

Waiting to hear from Ibex.... New Orleans is a mess.