Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-12-2024, 01:12 PM

SBG, I hope you continue to be safe from damaged trees and electrical outages. I do pray that Ibex was able to escape back to home from her teaching assignment in New Orleans. Good to hear from you. As I was listening to the weather reports this morning I was moved to pray for your home and town. Good to know all is in a condition that you can deal with. Whoo Hoo! As the remnants of Francine move north to refresh the middle of our country with some rain. In my neck of the woods it is dry and no forecast of rain for at about ten days. Slight chance of a few sprinkles if Francine gets this far north. Wish'en and hope'en!'

Sew as you all can and I hope to get one more block done this evening before I post photos. Fingers crossed.
Old 09-12-2024, 01:43 PM

This storm sounds scary from the news I've been seeing. Stay safe everyone!

I got one block made up for Lstew. I hope the colors work for you? I was hoping to get another block or two made up today, but little Alida must be growing because she's been wanting a feed every hour it seems! While not much sewing is being done, I am now over half way with the book I'm reading for the library reading challenge.
Attached Thumbnails img_20240909_131041182%7E2.jpg  
Old 09-12-2024, 03:11 PM

Hi all from sunny & hot Tokyo; we arrived late yesterday afternoon and have been resting until this morning. The time difference is 11 hours so this will take getting used to. We will be going sight seeing all week, tomorrow is lunch at the Harry Potter Cafe (that was the only destination I requested). My Daughter Dylan, who is going to be the recipient of the scrappy medium blue quilt, is in heaven, this is her dream trip. I’m the lucky recipient of being my childhood friend’s buddy this year for flights so we get to fly standby with her flight attendant 35 years of seniority. I figured Sept. 11 would have empty seats and it did. I love all the blocks being posted in my absence! The Sheldon block is cool. I’ll post fabric pics if I find any stores here. Stay dry, keep safe, Hugs!
Old 09-12-2024, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

Thanks so much for your prayers, WMUT! Glad it wasn’t worse here!

NZQ, love that beautiful nosegay block for Lstew.

I made this one today for Ibex’s Monster Mash quilt. Here’s a half pint monster… This one’s an ankle biter!
Attached Thumbnails img_5264.jpeg  
Old 09-12-2024, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

Wow, Tokyo! Have a great trip, Reba!
Old 09-12-2024, 05:20 PM

Well, I am a bit late posting but I had to rephotograph one block because the white around the edge on my white counter top did not show up. Tried again on my cutting mat. So here goes......

SBG - more ladies
Travelinggramma - Automotive #2
Ibex - dancing skeletons

More progress but not likely any more blocks until the weekend. I have plans to clean my carpet tomorrow while the days are warm.

I am enjoying the traveling tales. I live vicariously.

Woops forgot to add the attachment. Time for bed, maybe?
Attached Thumbnails 2024-09-12-sbg-2.jpg   2024-09-12-travelinggramma-2.jpg   2024-09-12-ibex.jpg  

Last edited by WMUTeach; 09-12-2024 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-12-2024, 05:37 PM

Sewbizgirl -- love my anklebiter!! Looks like my chihuahua. Thank you for prayers of safety!

I didn't mean to make anyone worry. If I felt unsafe I would have left. I am far enough inland that I knew the storm winds wouldn't be too awful. The house is 9 feet in the air so no flood expectations. But my roof did spring a leak in two spots so I am glad I was here to deal with it. I didn't lose my electricity. And I have class tomorrow and didn't want to drive back and forth through nasty weather. So I stayed in New Orleans my chihuahua. I may have to rename her...

Reba -- Tokyo!! Exciting. I'm envious.

Folks, the blocks are all beautiful!

Old 09-12-2024, 05:38 PM

WMUTeach, I'm going to rename your block the Francine dancers! They are certainly twirling around!! Thank you!
Old 09-12-2024, 06:49 PM

I love the ankle biter, SBG! Cute li'le monster!

Gosh, Tokyo!!! Soak in the sights and experiences, Reba! Sounds exciting!

I'm really glad to hear that you are safe, Ibex.
Old 09-12-2024, 07:09 PM

Ibex so glad you are ok and checked in. It was very frightening thinking of you in the Hurricane. Happy to hear your damage was minimal

NZ your posey block is so darn sweet and you were really able to match the colors in the fat 1/8th.

Sewbiz mini Monster Dino is a real cutey pie

MNUT Three more lovely blocks.

Reba I am so happy for you to be visiting Tokyo. Hope you have a wonderful safe trip and share some of your experiences with us

I saw the Orthopedic doctor today, he explained what he could see from the X-rays and that I needed an MRI. Or take a conservative approach and have a cortisone shot and see if that helps the pain for a minimum of 6 month. Had the cortisone shot. Holy cow that was an attention grabber. OUCH