Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-14-2024, 06:06 AM

Ok, ladies, thanks to NZQ’s post, I see I made a mistake on the sign up post regarding the size of the F8s. I did post 10x18. Anything that size and over is acceptable and you have my apologies. Thank you for bringing this to my attention! (Sending you a email shortly.) Clearly I need to slow down and not post when I’m in a hurry and distracted.

A lot of fabrics are in the mail so this weekend will be busy with F8s. I think I’ll begin sorting right away so I can get them out quickly. Next week is going to be another doozy, like this one and last.

A2p, love the hummingbird fabric!
Old 08-14-2024, 07:12 AM

Here is my fabric choice. Washed, cut, folded and ready for bagging then off to the PO. I am asking for only white or white-on-white with my turquoise batik. Hope this makes it easy for everyone to create blocks with my fabric choice.
Attached Thumbnails 24-8-14-fabric-sample.jpg  
Old 08-14-2024, 07:24 AM

Home from camping, the weather was perfect, the foam topper I bought for my mattress worked wonderful and I met another solo woman camper. And her 91 yo mother is still an active quilter. It was fun to see pictures of her beautiful work. Today is errand day, then need to rearrange what I rearranged in Minnie. Thought I created more room but that wasn’t the case. Just put the extras in the back seat and headed home.

Today I start cutting the 2.5” strips to go around my 72 blocks IF I don’t end up taking a nap
Old 08-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

Terri, wonderful candy quilt! That's going to be a cute one.
A2P, pretty bird fabric will make a beautiful quilt. So sorry about your Walmart. Sounds like it was a pretty important store to your community... not to mention it was probably a major employer. Young people starting fires! They have no concept of the damage their stupid pranks have on people's lives. Hope they find out who it was that started the fire.
Love your batik, WMUT. It will make a great blue and white quilt.

We went out to dinner to celebrate hubby last night. Everything was fabulous at Table 100. We both ate golden tilefish from Florida, which I had never heard of before. It was so good! Wonderful evening and hubby was happy. This was his 70th BD. Back at home, our cheesecake was delicious, too.
Old 08-14-2024, 12:30 PM

Love the hummingbirds!
That's terrible about the Wal-Mart fire! I hope the find who did it. A whole community suffering because of one kid's stupidity is so wrong!

SBG, your hubby is lucky to have you celebrating his birthday so well!

I took all the kiddos back to school shopping today. Their excitement is so sweet to watch as they picked out favorite character book bags and school supplies!

Last edited by NZquilter; 08-14-2024 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-15-2024, 01:37 AM

Good morning. We’re off to SC this morning to do some shopping and to have lunch at a hot chicken place. Hot chicken is a DH favorite. Tomorrow is a trip to another waterfall, but this time with the grands and their parents, then a cookout at our house. Quilting seems to have fallen off the radar these days. Can’t even sneak in an hour a day.

Terriamn, glad you are safely home but got to share quilty talk with a likeminded camper. That Walmart fire is a crime, literally and figuratively. Teens just do $&@& without an idea of the consequences. There’s some kind of TikTok challenge to set small fires. Good grief! Hope the store is back up and running soon for the community’s sake. We used to go camping on a lake near a very small town and their Walmart was vital, the economic and social glue that held the town together. Congrats to hubby on a milestone birthday, SBG. NZQ, I kind of miss those back to school shopping trips with little kids. So long ago! WMUTeach, love your batik and it will be lovely with a WOW.

Have a grand day, Boomers!

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-15-2024 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-15-2024, 01:48 AM

Terriamn, I love this. I hope you will show pics when you finish.
Originally Posted by terriamn
Top I had hoped to finish before the boom started but doubt that will happen still have to add 2.5” strips to all 4 sides
Old 08-15-2024, 04:45 AM

The gallery is up and the few blocks already made are in there.

Seven - seven! - packages are arriving today so my plans changed as they look to arrive earlier than usual. We’ll head to SC another day. I want to be here to receive them.

Time to get some quilty work done.
Old 08-15-2024, 04:51 AM

Was hoping to get a block or two made but will not harken today. I have to work in the office and our new furniture arrived today so I will be reorganizing late tonight as we have tickets to our local AAA baseball team this evening.

Both my package are out for delivery. Glad they got there.

Old 08-15-2024, 07:45 AM

Attached is my fabric. I’m going to ask for a single color with various shades and tints, as many as you can use. This is along the same lines as TravelingGramma’s from last round. My fabric is a mottled grey, all shades from light to almost black. Please choose blenders, tone on tones, or solid fabrics that will contrast. Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails img_6177.jpeg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-15-2024 at 07:47 AM.