Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-12-2024, 09:09 PM
Power Poster

Love my ladies block, WMUT! Thank you. Your other blocks are pretty, too.

Ibex, so good to hear from you and find out how you fared in the storm. Glad all's well.... And glad you like the ankle-biter too!

Terri, good you are trying the cortisone shot. I hope it gives you a long time of relief.

Block on!
Old 09-13-2024, 03:56 AM

Ibex, so glad to hear from you and to know that all is well. Glad the blocks please.

Terri, I have had shots in joints several times now. The latest was this spring in my hip to keep me comfortable until surgery. It was a cocktail of medicines and I got to watch the process on ultra sound, but wow what a difference. In less than 10 minutes, I was feeling significantly less pain and it lasted until July and the replacement. For me, very effective. I wish the same for you. Yes, I have had them in the knees too.

Have a wonderful end of summer almost fall day everyone.
Old 09-13-2024, 05:16 AM

Ladies I can feel the difference already, much better. Have a nasty headache as one of the side effects but it should go away soon

Was invited to coffee this morning with some ladies that live in our devolvement I am hoping to remember some of their names.

Enjoy your day.
Old 09-13-2024, 07:27 AM

Good morning! Our Anniversary trip has come to an end and we are home. We had a couple of days at the Pisgah Inn on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Unfortunately, as I mentioned previously, it was mostly socked in. We had a great time anyway and ate way too much at their fine but very casual restaurant. Very good food. DH had a piece of chocolate cake, 5 layers, that was absolutely to die for. It was much too big to eat at one sitting so he and I pecked at it for 24 hours until it was gone. Best chocolate cake ever! Anyway, we headed home early this morning and now it's back to reality and picking up pix and reposting them to the gallery. Great blocks all but SGB, your creature block for Ibex is wonderful! It made me smile ear to ear.

Hope everyone is looking forward to a pleasant weekend. I'm just going to be doing some kind of piecing or quilting. I'm already bored making some of my scrappy blocks so it might be time to switch to a little FMQ. Since I cannot walk (it's definitely getting worse) I won't be straying far from home. MRI is in 8 days, not that I'm counting.

I'm off to Weebly. Later folks!

(Blocks pulled)
Old 09-13-2024, 08:42 AM

Wow y'all have been very busy this week! It's been fun catching up.
LStew that's a great star block.
Terri, beautiful block you made for me, I never saw that pattern before.
Pretty spinning wheel block WMUTeach.
Love the spools All2Pieces.
Thank you to all of you ladies!

SBG, darling little monster!
NZG, beautiful block for LStew.
Reba, Tokyo, how exciting.
Old 09-13-2024, 10:14 AM
Power Poster

Sorry the weather wasn't great for you, Janice. Sounds like a fun trip anyway. Happy Anniversary.
We used to take the kids camping in the Smoky Mountains when they were youngsters. Of all the times we were up there, we never got to see Clingman's Dome. It was ALWAYS socked in. The clouds just love those mountains!

Hope the 8 days to MRI pass fast.
Old 09-13-2024, 10:23 AM

This block is for Janice.
Attached Thumbnails img_0660.jpg  
Old 09-13-2024, 11:04 AM

Cheesehead beautiful block for Janice

When I was going through my fabrics I found a piece with gradient colors and thought it would be perfect for Janice’sblock. Pinned it up on design wall between Janice’s fabric and HAV’s. Came back later and said oh wow the fabric matched HAV’s fabric even better than Janice’s. Funny how that worked out.

Coffee was fun learned a lot about the homes and people living in the cove. Then hubby and I went to the craft fair and had a pronto pup and some delicious homemade ice cream. Now back to the lake, no sewing till Monday for me
Old 09-13-2024, 11:36 AM

My, oh my! Absolutely love your choice of colors for this block. Thank you so much, Terriamn!

Originally Posted by Cheesehead
This block is for Janice.
Old 09-13-2024, 12:54 PM
Power Poster

Cheese, absolutely stunning block for Janice! I love the colors and the design.