Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-14-2024, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Here is one for tonight. For Reba (Dylan’s quilt). This block contains irony! The blue flower print in the center is fabric I used in my very first Boom. It was Boom 17.
You are so sentimental. I love it!! The fact that you could remember the fabric you started the booms with is wonderful. Giant hugs to my BOOM 17 buddies.
Old 09-14-2024, 06:05 AM

Pretty dismal looking day here buy yesterday was gorgeous, we were able to sit out on the deck and chat with friends for hours. Some geese heading south but not much for migration yet.

Stays like this I might try to sneak home and see how my shoulder will handle finishing up HAV’s block that I started Thursday.
Old 09-14-2024, 06:12 AM

I made a quick dash to the farmer's market this morning for my fall favorite.. CONCORD GRAPES. One of my grandfathers had acres and acres of grapes of many varieties. The tale was told that I was nearly born in the vineyard because my mom was picking them to be shipped off to Welch's when labor began. Now I just consume as much as possible for the few weeks they are available. Nothing like the deep, sweet grape flavor of a concord on the stem. Mmmmm, so yummy.

SBG, I am admiring your little 9 patches. Perfect way to use lots of different but cohesive blues for Reba's "Dylan's Quilt". I may just steal that idea for the future.
Attached Thumbnails 2024-09-14-grapes.jpg  

Last edited by WMUTeach; 09-14-2024 at 06:21 AM.
Old 09-14-2024, 06:46 AM

Libster glad to hear you will be back next time. Wonderful blocks turning up on the board! Yesterday I prepped two blocks so I could cut out the appliqués and finish sewing them during our October trip. I have at least two more blocks to prep this way. I have three days of sewing in a hotel room and plan to get a lot of the blocks finished then. I want to do all the applique cutting before we get to the hotel room. The rest of the time we’ll be staying in the van. I wonder how many blocks I can get done in three full days? I’m pretty slow.

It seems like all I do these days is, clean the kitchen up in the morning, write election postcards, exercise for my heart and then chill out the rest of the day. I’m trying to add a bit of sewing in. That’s kind of like chilling out. Getting old is not for the meek!
Old 09-14-2024, 10:16 AM

Good afternoon Squirrels! This block is for Terri, the colors in the picture are not accurate. What appears bright yellow, is supposed to be the chartreuse green in the vines.
Attached Thumbnails img_0663.jpg  
Old 09-14-2024, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

Very pretty, Cheese.... I see chartreuse.
Old 09-14-2024, 02:50 PM

Cheese, nice block for Terriamn. The chartreuse comes across well on my screen.

Spent the day on a scrappy table topper, just a mini-quilt, deciding what to do as I went along. I just cannot make large quilts (no room to store them) so I make lots of small ones. This one is about 33 inches square and made with scrappy blocks I made with years worth of boom scraps and leftovers from some of my own projects. No FQ’s were harmed in the making. Tomorrow I hope to turn the flimsy into a quilt. We’ll see. I’ll do a colorful binding. Sorry the pic is dark. It’s much lighter in person.

Have a good evening.
Attached Thumbnails img_6355.jpeg  
Old 09-14-2024, 04:13 PM

Very pretty block Cheese I can see the chartreuse perfectly

Janice love your mini quilt

WMUT I have never had fresh Concord grapes. They look very tasty
Old 09-14-2024, 04:31 PM

Cheese, LOVE the block for Terri! Perfect colors reflected from the focus print. And the mini, sure like all of the little nine-patches. Amazing what colorful cornerstones can do to perk up a quilt, even a mini.

Terri, think of the most intense grape flavor you have ever had in your life. That is what you get from concord grapes. The are flavorful and sweet like a strawberry or blue berry is sweet. The light green ones, Niagara, are what is used in white grape juice and the little red ones, Delaware, are simply sweet bursts of yummy flavor.

No blocks today. Busy doing other so very important thinks! Tee-hee-hee!
Old 09-14-2024, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

Today was red,white,blue day here. These first two are for NZQ. I really enjoyed making these two. I would have preferred to fussy cut the pieces, but there just wasn’t enough fabric. I hope you like them, Cathy.
The third is a block for Hav4. The name is “Our Editor”. Hope it works for your couch cover, Hav.
Attached Thumbnails img_5270.jpeg   img_5271.jpeg   img_5272.jpeg