Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-15-2024, 05:37 PM

Beautiful blocks for Hav4 Terri. So glad the cortisone injection is keeping you pain free.
Old 09-15-2024, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn
My two blocks for the day and they were created in darn near a pain free session. So thrilled with the cortisone shot.

HAV hope you like your blocks
Love the block. Absolutely stunning!
Old 09-15-2024, 07:11 PM

[QUOTE=Janice McC;8660868]Good morning, folks. It's raining but it should stop soon. I've got coffee with a friend coming up later then it's back into the sewing room to do some Frankenbatting with my scraps. I'll be putting them together by hand since my Kenmore is out of commission. I have an appointment next week to take it in for one final try to make it work. If it fails, I'll be looking for a new machine. My LQS has Janomes I might try out. A "moderately priced" one is still more than I want to spend but since it will probably be my last machine, I might just go for it. Do any of you have a Janome? If so, what do you think of it?

Off to pull SBG's blocks for the gallery. Have a good day![

Janice, I've had a Janome for years. I used it for quilt guild because it weighed so much less than my Kenmore workhorse. It sews just like my Kenmore. I love it. I've had mine for a number of years. IF....the same company still produces them, I think you will be well pleased.
Cheese..I love that star! Well done, Lady!
Old 09-15-2024, 07:42 PM

Hi everyone. I've read about 5 pages to catch up with the posts, so forgive me if I confuse names, All the blocks have been beautiful and fun.

Ibex, SBG - So glad the damage from the storm was manageable. You both have posted very pretty blocks. We have had more rain than we need and some downed limbs but no real damage.

Terri and Janice - My prayers go with you for your continued improvement. Janice, I love my Janome for piecing and quilting small things.

Reba - That Tokyo trip sounds fantastic. It would be a bucket list trip for sure.

Cheesehead - You have such a good sense of color and design.

NZQuilter - We all need some time for ourselves. Your hubby sounds like he cares for you very much. That sewing group sounds like fun. Here's a block for you. I hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails ibex.jpg  
Old 09-16-2024, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by All2Pieces
Lstew - This crowning glory block in your fabric reminds me of sunflowers. I hope you enjoy it.
Cheesehead - This is a "Borrow and Lend" block for you. It is similar to a spool patterrn, but not quite the same. I hope you like it.
Beautiful block for me. It is stunning. Thank you. The one for Cheeshead is beautiful too

Originally Posted by NZquilter
This storm sounds scary from the news I've been seeing. Stay safe everyone!

I got one block made up for Lstew. I hope the colors work for you? I was hoping to get another block or two made up today, but little Alida must be growing because she's been wanting a feed every hour it seems! While not much sewing is being done, I am now over half way with the book I'm reading for the library reading challenge.
The colors work wonderfully in this beautiful block, It is perfect. Thank you.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Thanks so much for your prayers, WMUT! Glad it wasn’t worse here!

NZQ, love that beautiful nosegay block for Lstew.

I made this one today for Ibex’s Monster Mash quilt. Here’s a half pint monster… This one’s an ankle biter!
this is such a cute block, made me laugh. I am thinking a Halloween quilt for my next swap, maybe.

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
Well, I am a bit late posting but I had to rephotograph one block because the white around the edge on my white counter top did not show up. Tried again on my cutting mat. So here goes......

SBG - more ladies
Travelinggramma - Automotive #2
Ibex - dancing skeletons

More progress but not likely any more blocks until the weekend. I have plans to clean my carpet tomorrow while the days are warm.

I am enjoying the traveling tales. I live vicariously.

Woops forgot to add the attachment. Time for bed, maybe?
These blocks are great. really pretty.
Originally Posted by ibex94
Sewbizgirl -- love my anklebiter!! Looks like my chihuahua. Thank you for prayers of safety!

I didn't mean to make anyone worry. If I felt unsafe I would have left. I am far enough inland that I knew the storm winds wouldn't be too awful. The house is 9 feet in the air so no flood expectations. But my roof did spring a leak in two spots so I am glad I was here to deal with it. I didn't lose my electricity. And I have class tomorrow and didn't want to drive back and forth through nasty weather. So I stayed in New Orleans my chihuahua. I may have to rename her...

Reba -- Tokyo!! Exciting. I'm envious.

Folks, the blocks are all beautiful!
So glad you are safe.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead
This block is for Janice.
Wow, this block's colors just pop, reminds me of fire.

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
I got my carpet cleaning done this morning and while recovering in my favorite chair I stumbled upon the Lucy Worsley PBS presentations about Agatha Christie. I read the book twice, so I just had to see it series. In order not to fiddle away three hours this afternoon, I made a block for our Boom. Love making square in a square blocks and getting them square and not wonkie. The dark squares appear to be black in my photo, but they are actually royal purple.

Birds for All2Pieces
Beautiful block

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Cheese, nice block for Terriamn. The chartreuse comes across well on my screen.

Spent the day on a scrappy table topper, just a mini-quilt, deciding what to do as I went along. I just cannot make large quilts (no room to store them) so I make lots of small ones. This one is about 33 inches square and made with scrappy blocks I made with years worth of boom scraps and leftovers from some of my own projects. No FQ’s were harmed in the making. Tomorrow I hope to turn the flimsy into a quilt. We’ll see. I’ll do a colorful binding. Sorry the pic is dark. It’s much lighter in person.

Have a good evening.
I love this scrappy quilt, so cute.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Today was red,white,blue day here. These first two are for NZQ. I really enjoyed making these two. I would have preferred to fussy cut the pieces, but there just wasn’t enough fabric. I hope you like them, Cathy.
The third is a block for Hav4. The name is “Our Editor”. Hope it works for your couch cover, Hav.
Great blocks, very pretty

Originally Posted by Janice McC
Afternoon, Boomers. I’m jumping around on projects. Got started on the second half of Boom 28 blocks. I’ll be doing QAYG. It’ll be another donation quilt. The blocks are below in no particular order. I’ll decide on that later. DH is going to help me spray baste the little quilt later today and then it’ll be up next for quilting. This has been my busiest quilting weekend in months. Feels good!
Lovely quilt, I love seeing our blocks put together.

Originally Posted by NZquilter
Like them? I love them! Thank you! This quilt is going to be perfect for my Hubby. After each block is done I've been showing him and each block gets his smile of approval!

Yesterday I did something that I haven't done once since having kids. I took a day to myself and went to the local quilting store here in town and joined in their open sew day. A$5 fee and get to sew all day in the small classroom in the back! It was just the type of quilting therapy that I needed! I took Alida with me, as she's being only breastfed, but otherwise I had no worries for five hours straight. I wanted to do some mindless quick sewing, so I took my stack of scrappy triangles for my Bonnie Hunter quilt. I got 306 triangles stitched up, so I reckon it was very successful. I came home feeling so much better and I really appreciate Hubby for making me go! I have bad social anxiety, so he had to tell me over and over to give it at least an hour's try.
Nice to see you getting out of your comfort zone. Glad to see you had fun. I wish we had free sew days, I might get some sewing without all the interruptions.

Originally Posted by terriamn
My two blocks for the day and they were created in darn near a pain free session. So thrilled with the cortisone shot.

HAV hope you like your blocks
Great blocks

Originally Posted by All2Pieces
Hi everyone. I've read about 5 pages to catch up with the posts, so forgive me if I confuse names, All the blocks have been beautiful and fun.

Ibex, SBG - So glad the damage from the storm was manageable. You both have posted very pretty blocks. We have had more rain than we need and some downed limbs but no real damage.

Terri and Janice - My prayers go with you for your continued improvement. Janice, I love my Janome for piecing and quilting small things.

Reba - That Tokyo trip sounds fantastic. It would be a bucket list trip for sure.

Cheesehead - You have such a good sense of color and design.

NZQuilter - We all need some time for ourselves. Your hubby sounds like he cares for you very much. That sewing group sounds like fun. Here's a block for you. I hope you like it.
Really pretty block.

I hope to get back to making blocks this week. We are in the process of closing up the camper for the season. Soup social and trick or treating coming up and that is the last get-together before the campground closes for the summer. Then I need to hunker down and get Christmas presents made. Lots of sewing for Christmas planned and some knitting.
Old 09-16-2024, 03:39 AM

I also want to say, the blocks so far are stunning. As I write this, I feel I may have missed giving some of the blocks posted so recognition. I am always in awe of the talent in this group of ladies. Thank you for all my blocks, they really are beautiful. I love the gallery.
Old 09-16-2024, 04:33 AM

Good morning, squirrels! A2P, I love your block for Lstew. It’s perfect for the fabric. And Terriam, your blocks for hav are beautiful. The stars block is sharp!

Thanks, Libster, for your input about your Janome. I hadn’t even thought about the weight issue but then I don’t plan on moving it.

Got up late so I’m all about coffee. I’ll work on the gallery later then I’ll finish my floral quilt.
Old 09-16-2024, 07:03 AM

I am checking in. We haven’t had internet and it is difficult to read everything on phone. Having beautiful travel weather. We visited Herbert Hoover Pres museum. At lunch we had great conversation with local. Turns out she owned local quilt store a few blocks away so we decided to check it out. While shopping an employee said her boss called and said to give me me a 8x12 cutting mat as thank you for our conversation!
Today we are on our way Winterset to view Iowa Quilt Museum.
Thank you to all who are making my beautiful blocks. I am buying fabric to use for yours!
Old 09-16-2024, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful block for NZQ, All2Pieces!
Great to hear from Libster!
Janice, love the floral quilt blocks all together.
Terri, so glad the cortisone is working for you.
TG, hope you enjoy the quilt museum in Winterset. The John Wayne museum is there too, if you like John Wayne.
Old 09-16-2024, 10:43 AM

A block for WMUT, now I have used or tried all my new rulers. A little nerve wracking but fun
Attached Thumbnails img_3870.jpeg