Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-15-2024, 11:03 AM
Power Poster

NZ, how many do you have going to school now? Just the older two girls, or #3 as well? How fun that they are excited! My two granddaughters are starting kindergarten now.

Janice, exactly what is hot chicken? Your fabric idea will make a fun quilt. Thanks for starting the gallery!
Old 08-15-2024, 11:39 AM

SBG,just saw your Loralei fabric block in the gallery, how did I ever miss it?! It's lovely, and I like both fabrics in the block, sure will make a pretty quilt.
Very gloomy outside, it's been raining all day today. It's a cold rain and I considered turning on the furnace!
Have our 13 year old grandaughter for the week, she loved the kitty quilt y'all made blocks for in Boom 30.

Cheese
Old 08-15-2024, 11:55 AM

Packages arrived from:

Hav4boys
All2pieces
Nzquilter
Lstew2212
Cheesehead
Annaquilts

Add those to SBG’s and mine and those on the way and we’re almost there! Woo hoo!

Hot chicken, SBG, is simply very spicy fried chicken. The best we had was in West Memphis, Aunt Hattie’s. It comes with no real spice up to hot, hot, hot that can only be described as inedible.

Today’s sighting is below. He needs a name…
Attached Thumbnails img_6181.jpeg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-15-2024 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-15-2024, 02:05 PM

I’m using a fat quarter bundle for the boom so the cuts will be generous. It’s Moda Sincerely yours from Chelsi and Sherri. I listen to their podcast. Here are what 15 of you will get (Janice don’t post this picture, I still have to figure out what the last four will get). Each of you will get the main piece and one small additional piece from these 15. I thought everyone could use white or white on white and the green in the fabric.

I taught my first exercise class in 14 months. It was a big milestone for me. Exercise Lite: 30 minutes of aerobics, 15 minutes of strength and 5 minutes of stretch. I’m subbing for the class I taught! I was thinking of you SEWBIZ! I’ve used Monster Mash in my October class playlist. Very fun to dance to.
Attached Thumbnails img_2184.jpeg  
Old 08-15-2024, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC

Today’s sighting is below. He needs a name…
I vote for Alfred.
Old 08-15-2024, 02:20 PM

Squiggy the squirrel.
Old 08-15-2024, 03:19 PM

Thinking of all of Moda white.names - bleached, snowy, porcelain…
Old 08-15-2024, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Wilbur, Wilfred, Percy... lots of names could work for a white squirrel.
Cheese, glad your GD loved the kitty quilt we made! Nice you are having some cooler weather!
Janice, I have seen Hattie B's chicken in Memphis but never got any. There is one right down the street from Audrey's house, on Cooper Street. ( She lives on Peabody). I'll have to get some the next time we are all wondering what to eat for dinner.
MJP, I like your pinks. Those will be fun to play with. Glad you got to sub for your old class. And thanks for thinking of me! I'm sure your peeps were glad to see you.

Everybody, have a nice evening. I'm back to cutting out doll clothes.
Old 08-15-2024, 04:33 PM

Squirrel name.....Ardilla, Spanish for squirrel (Ardyah) No white squirrels in my world. Occasionally, I will see an albino squirrel red eyes and all or an individual with a white tail or one white ear but no true white squirrels. My oak trees are decorated with generic red squirrels, pesky little bug-a-boos, fox squirrels and grey squirrels.

FYI, I am starting to see a few red, yellow and orange leaves across the mash from my home. Autumn is coming.
Old 08-16-2024, 02:23 AM

lol, all those names for the squirrel! DH has thrown in Nimbus. I’m partial to Alfred though.

Today is DS’s birthday and after a family hike and waterfall exploration, we’re having a grill out here. Am hoping the storms hold off so the girls can get a swim in.

It’s still too dark to walk but I better get ready. Another full day is ahead.