Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-20-2024, 06:12 AM

Today I go for a mammogram and a bone density test. At least they are back to back. After that I hope to prep more blocks so I can finish them on vacation. We are going to Joshua Tree National Park for hiking and bouldering, Joshua tree Music Festival where we get to use our bicycles, a nearby Nature preserve, Friends driveway in LA, where we will at least go to the Getty museum, a Folk music conference for my husband and three days of uninterrupted sewing in a hotel for me, where I plan to swim in the pool , Bicycling in Santa Barbara, a friends (one of who has dementia and we think will still recognize us) in Los Osos for visiting and kayaking, Kayaking at Elkhorn slough with the sea otters and sea lions, Pinnacles National monument and then home. About three weeks. I”m looking forward to it.
Old 09-20-2024, 08:32 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like a fabulous vacation, MJ! Hope the mammo and bone density turn out well.
Old 09-20-2024, 09:12 AM

Going big for my last blocks. I have all the papers printed and hoping to get some time to sew on Sunday. Granddaughter's (son #1) first birthday party Saturday and my second son and 1 year old grandson are coming down today to spend the night. They just bought their first home in Dayton, NV and are packing to move.
Old 09-20-2024, 09:34 AM

thx everyone I appreciate your good thoughts and prayers. After chatting with hubby this afternoon we realized I have been in a decline for the past month to 6 weeks but didn’t recognize the symptoms as it’s been at least 10 years since I have had problems. The only 2 times in those 10 years depression reared it’s ugly head was when there was a mix up in my meds. Other than that I have pretty much been AOk. No mix up in meds this time. No idea what brought this on, the total despair was so frightening but with everyone’s encouragement, prayers, time and love this should fade into the past
Old 09-20-2024, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

Praying for you Terri. Not saying this is the case, but sometimes meds we have been on for years no longer work as well as they first did. Sometimes they need to be changed. Hoping you and your dr.s find a good solution for you.
Old 09-20-2024, 02:12 PM

Terri my prayers go out. I have been on meds for years. When I got Medicare the doctor did genetic bloodwork and found the best medicine for me. (The previous one wasn’t working).
unless super stressful times, I’m okay. It isn’t pleasant.
We landed in Colorado tonight at an Elks lodge who has electric hookups for us. Planning on eating there tonight along with something from the bar !
Old 09-20-2024, 06:42 PM

Mjp - that sounds like a fantastic trip. Enjoy! And kudos for getting your tests done. 👏
Terri - prayers and good thoughts always. Here's hoping you quickly figure out what solves the problem.
TG - safe travels. The Elks are a good group.

Now to finish reading all the past posts.
Old 09-20-2024, 10:29 PM
Power Poster

I finished my blocks with these last two...

The first one is a Peace and Plenty block for Cheesehead.
The second one is called Snowy Owl and is for WMUT.

Hope you ladies like these!
Attached Thumbnails img_5282.jpeg   img_5284.jpeg  
Old 09-21-2024, 01:57 AM

Good morning. What a lovely, cool morning. Grands are coming today. Woo hoo!

Great blocks, SBG. All those beautiful points.

Seems like quite a few of us are done or nearing completion. Remember there is still plenty of time left in the swap so no need to hurry unless you like to. Please hang onto your completed blocks for now.

Have a good day.
Old 09-21-2024, 05:56 AM

Sewbiz very pretty precise blocks