Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-16-2024, 03:22 AM

Dark, gloomy and a slow gentle rain all night. Perfect day too sleep in or sleep longer. So why was I up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 5:30? Ah well, more time for life I guess. My package was sent yesterday and is predicted to arrive on Monday. One of my "To Do List" items is to locate all of my12 Inch square patterns and to put them into one file. Hoping it will be easier than searching, searching, searching and getting side tracked by clever squirrels and beautiful fabric.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I an off to make myself blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Yum!
Old 08-16-2024, 05:54 AM

I am partial to Alfred also

Has anyone sold any of their kits etc. I have a bag of them I know I will never get to. Several others I just took the fabric out and added to my stash. Was thinking of Market place
Old 08-16-2024, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

Terri, I use a Facebook group called "SewItsForSale" for anything sewing related. You can sell there for free to a targeted audience. You only have to sign up in the group first.

Alfred is a cute name for our little white mascot.
Old 08-16-2024, 02:00 PM

SBG, I have 3 going into school this year, one in kindergarten, one in first grade and one in fourth grade. Are your granddaughters going into kindergarten in the same school?

Janice, good for you for walking so much everyday! You are inspiring me to start walking again. Unfortunately right now it's just the treadmill!

WMUTeach, I bought this huge book of pattern a few years ago and I love it for 12" blocks. https://www.amazon.com/Quiltmakers-0.../dp/144024541X . All the patterns I could want in one big book!

​​​​​

Last edited by NZquilter; 08-16-2024 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 08-16-2024, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NZquilter
Are your granddaughters going into kindergarten in the same school?
​​​​​
I wish! No, one is living in Iowa now and the other is still living in Memphis. I wish they were together. They are such great friends.

WMUT, in addition to all the great books out there, don't forget all the free block websites we tap into every swap (at least I do!) I hope these are all still 'live' links :

https://www.quiltingdaily.com/free-q...ls-quilting-3/
https://www.patchworksquare.com/index.php
https://www.generations-quilt-patter...-patterns.html
https://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore46.html
http://www.delawarequilts.com/BOMs/index.html

Old 08-16-2024, 03:56 PM

Sent my fabric off to Janice and she should get it Monday. I was scrambling as I thought the date to send in Fabric was the 23 but realized yesterday it was the 20th. Made some decisions, cut the fabric and was amazed when all the street lights were green and almost no line at the PO this morning. Got it in before 9 and made it to cardiac rehab (I’m on maintenance, but really I go for the massage) where I did my hard 75 minute workout, blissful restorative yoga and massage (which is always a bit painful) which keeps me exercising.

I had a big win this week that I know SEWBIZ will appreciate. Taught my first exercise class (30 minutes aerobics, 15 minutes strength and 5 minutes stretch) in 14 months! It was really fun to be back! I’ve been doing tennis for almost a year now but those exercise classes were one of the last fitness things since I got back to after my widowmaker Heart attack. Life is good!

I loved the posts about the old movies. In October monster mash is always on my class playlist. Look forward to getting all the fabric and playing with it.
Old 08-16-2024, 04:30 PM

Thanks for the book and web suggestions, I have been saving patterns in files on my computer from any number of sources, What I want to do is move them all to one file, This should make the search easier when I want to match the fun and lovely fabric coming from all of you.. It should be a time saver. I will also search our library book sale for the suggested book. Ya, just never know. It may show up. I have many patterns from Brenda at Conquering Mount Scrapmore, Elaine Huff at Fabric 406 and Blockheads plus a scattering of others from hither and yon that just caught my eye, More than enough for this swap and the next and the next,

I will add the links to my collection just in case I need a fresh idea, Tee-Hee-Hee Thanks bunches, SB and NZ always so willing to help other quilters.
Old 08-17-2024, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter
Squirrels is a cute name for the group! I made a squirrel baby quilt for my second Baby when she was born.
That squirrel quilt is so adorable, nzquilter. I love it
Old 08-17-2024, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Thanks, Janice, for getting the gallery going.

NZ, the squirrel quilt is darling... just what a little girl would love.

I've been sewing American Girl doll clothes!
my mother collects American Girl dolls, she wants to make clothes too. I would love to see pictures of the outfits.
Old 08-17-2024, 05:01 AM

I took a ride to the craft/fabric/bargin store since we will be leaving the area. They had all books for $1. I got 8 PP block books that i didn’t have in AZ. Already put notes for interesting blocks.

And of course picked out some blender fabrics. Their quilt cotton is not the newest designs but are name brands, and only $5.50 a yard.

all this exercise! My will power is at an all time low.