Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 09-29-2024, 04:11 PM

Another for Terriamn.
Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1727655000358.jpg  
Old 09-29-2024, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys
Hers another one for Ibex's Monster Mash. The eye is supposed to be a button but did not want to add one to another's quilt.
Love the dracula! Great job! The button sounds like a great idea but I will add it after the quilting is done.

I haven't finished reading the threads so I'm going to wait to see if you mention something else about that awful knee issue.
Old 09-29-2024, 04:51 PM

Janice -- I hate that you're in that mess in western North Carolina! You're only 25 miles from Ashville that is being talked about constantly on the news right now. I'm glad that you have a generator. How's the basement?
Old 09-29-2024, 04:53 PM

Sewbizgirl that water heater mess is a mess. What a great thing to have the house restorer in the family! Good luck getting your email account back. That's a mess to deal with, too.
Old 09-29-2024, 06:50 PM

Here is one for TG.
Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1727664580606.jpg  
Old 09-29-2024, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma
It has been too hot (94)here to continue emptying the motorhome so I must sew!
Sheldon was Texan and also had a show Fun with Flags . We are big fans and I only wished I had gotten a double of your fabric.
Janice, my prayers go out to you and the rest of quilters in the path. Glad you have a generator
I love that flag, what a cool idea! Thanks! And I have extra if anyone would like :-) hugs!
Old 09-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Power Poster

What cool wheels you are producing, Hav. I'm impressed with the variety!

At home in MS we only got a day of rain from the storm. Up here in Memphis, there's more rain. Hubby was up on the roof yesterday, changing the flashing for the new water heater. Super scary to see my 70yo hubby up on the roof cap of a wet roof! I prayed and was on edge the whole time. He's done a lot of roofing in his lifetime, but not in the last 20 years. He had to remove lots of shingles, and then replace them around the new flashing and vent pipe. He did great but I was a nervous wreck!
Old 09-30-2024, 04:09 AM

HELLO!!!! I’m at a doc office that has internet but they’re closed so there goes my knee appt. Perfectly fine though.

My son and the fam made it out of Asheville to come to us yesterday. All is well with them but they had to leave as they had no water or power n their home. Charlie is sick, running a fever but nothing serious.

Power is out at home but we’ve got a generator so all s good there. Lost water for 36 hours but it’s up more or less but we’re boiling and rationing in case it fails again. Our house is safe but the pond across the street threatened to engulf our yard but the rain stopped in the Nick of time. Gas lines are long where they’re even open. Stores are mostly shut but where they are open there are two hours to check out. Cash only. Entire towns have been washed away along rivers. Worst I’ve ever seen. Truly was the thousand year storm. Our outback is likely totaled. It was at the dealership for a service and the whole area flooded. No idea about that yet but at least it’s only a car.

im able to sew (thank you Jenny the Generator) and have worked a little to keep me sane.

Time to head home. Be well all. I’ve been texting with Terri. That’s the only contact with the outside world we have.
Old 09-30-2024, 04:16 AM

Thank you for letting us know you are safe! I am very glad your kids got out and are staying with you. The dealership hopefully had insurance for all vehicles on its lot. Fingers are crossed for that one. Go Jenny the Generator!
Old 09-30-2024, 04:18 AM

[QUOTE=sewbizgirl;866260

At home in MS we only got a day of rain from the storm. Up here in Memphis, there's more rain. Hubby was up on the roof yesterday, changing the flashing for the new water heater. Super scary to see my 70yo hubby up on the roof cap of a wet roof! I prayed and was on edge the whole time. He's done a lot of roofing in his lifetime, but not in the last 20 years. He had to remove lots of shingles, and then replace them around the new flashing and vent pipe. He did great but I was a nervous wreck![/QUOTE]

It is wonderful that he was determined to get up there and get things fixed. I would have been on the ground worrying and praying, too. What kind of water heater did you get?