Boom 32 Squirrels

Old 08-17-2024, 05:23 AM

Loving all the fabric choices,I can’t wait for the creative juices to start flowing.
Old 08-17-2024, 05:27 AM

Janice I had no idea fat quarter binder couldn’t be cut to the right size for our boom. Lucky for me I bought 2 packages for future booms
Old 08-17-2024, 06:28 AM

Hi everyone! Just checking in. Sounds like people have been busy. That's so good to hear.

NZQ and others with back to school shopping - That sounds like great fun as a grandmother and a headache as a mom. I almost envy you the memories.
TG and those who camp - have you been to the hot air balloon festival in Albequerque, NM? I would love to go with hubby (as a handicapped camper) and would appreciate any travel tips. We are replacing our 5th wheeler toy hauler with a tow-behind 30 footer soon.

Janice, I hope my fabric cuts met the mark. Everyone, please message me if you need extra. I bought at least 2 yards of each so I have plenty. I got a few bundles of blender fabrics lately that I am looking forward to using with those who want multiple shades of one color in the block. Several quilters seem to want low volume contrast except for the ones who requested white on white. Me, I like whatever y'all have come up with. The past blocks have been wonderful and have made great quilts. My friend John, who received the two nautical lap quilts, is still amazed by the work and skill each block shows. His cancer is in remission but he has damage to his lungs and needs oxygen. Thank each of you for the beauty and love you sent with the blocks.

As for the Walmart fire - the three juveniles resposible have been charged with 50 counts each, some felonies. They caused over $450,000.00 in damages. I have to pity the parents who are stuck with the bill.

Old 08-17-2024, 06:40 AM

From me myself and Irene: Charlie Baileygates : Well, we can't be calling you Milky if you’re comin' with us, so what's your name? Whitey : Casper, but my friends call me Whitey. HAHAHAHA, I vote “Casper”.

Can’t wait to get started everyone! Cleaning the house today and will finish the backing of the ballerina quilt as well as the borders on my Colorado quilt top. Hope you all are having a great weekend! Hugs!
Old 08-17-2024, 07:12 AM

WMU Teach. I’m not sure if anyone mentioned Tula Pinks 100 City block book. It is for 9” blocks but easy to convert to 12” blocks (12 1/2). Modern blocks. Ive used it a lot. You should be able to get this used.
https://www.amazon.com/Tula-Pinks-Ci...3&gad_source=1
Old 08-17-2024, 07:56 AM

Happy weekend! I’ve spent the last hour sorting out F8s into stacks for everyone. (Wait until you see them. Quite a different selection! I absolutely love the florals!) Over half the packages are in with the rest on the way and scheduled to arrive on or before Tuesday. I should have no trouble turning them around to you quickly.

I’m happy all is going smoothly with the fabrics but I’m really upset about my walking. It’s come to a screeching halt as I tweaked my knee yet again. Had to beg off my son’s waterfall hike and now I cannot walk on anything but a completely level surface. Our neighborhood is hilly. I’m so disappointed. No telling how long it will be for it to heal. As I always say when there’s not much to say, oh, well.

I see a few old movies and a comfy couch in my near future. Oh, well.
Old 08-17-2024, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas
WMU Teach. I’m not sure if anyone mentioned Tula Pinks 100 City block book. It is for 9” blocks but easy to convert to 12” blocks (12 1/2). Modern blocks. Ive used it a lot. You should be able to get this used.
https://www.amazon.com/Tula-Pinks-Ci...3&gad_source=1
Tula's book is great for a more modern block. They are 6.5" tho, not 9". They finish at 6" so are easy to double up to our 12" size. A few booms ago we had quite a few peeps who requested modern blocks, which was when I bought the book.

MJP, I'm so happy for you going back to teaching classes! I might too, except there is no longer anywhere for me to teach here. It's sad. No one is taking care of the seniors.... I could start my own, rent a place, get insurance, etc, but it's more rigamarole than I want to take on. So I walk every day now, but with a heat advisory every day, it's been tough to get those steps in. Can't wait for the weather to cool off again.

Janice, so sorry about your knee. Don't rush the rest period, and let it fully recover. Hope it doesn't take too long.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 08-17-2024 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-17-2024, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

This post is for Lstew! I know you are a knitter, so wanted to share this shop that has wonderful knitting and crochet patterns for 18" doll clothing. Take a peek: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LelleModa

Here are a few pics of my dolly outfits. I have many more cut out that I will begin sewing soon.
Attached Thumbnails img_5087.jpeg   img_5092.jpeg   img_5091.jpeg   img_5094.jpeg  

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 08-17-2024 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-17-2024, 02:37 PM

Oh, Janice, I am so sorry your knee is not cooperating again. Rats! just when you were doing so well. Enjoy the old movies and package sorting. My hip is painless but some of the muscle structure is not liking PT and walking. You were walking 4 miles, I am walking about 3/4 to 1 mile. Progress is still progress.

SBG, I dreamed of making sweet little doll cloths for my granddaughters like in the photos but what do you know, neither of them are "doll" girls. Oh, they have/had dolls but did not play with them. At 15 and 20 yeas of age, my hopes have faded to a minute pencil point on the horizon for making charming doll outfits.

I sorted my saved 12" patterns into one fie this morning and have close to 40. I think I am good to go. (Good sources are always welcome.)

This afternoon I finished the binding on a scrap quilt. One done for this month, yea! Finished at 46 x 56 and all from my stash.

Enjoy your Saturday evening everyone.
Attached Thumbnails 2024-08-17-scrappy-hst-donation-pic.-2.jpg   2024-08-17-scrappy-hst-donation.jpg  
Old 08-17-2024, 05:56 PM

SBG, your doll outfits are absolutely lovely! The little dress with the birds is so cute! I have never tried sewing doll clothes but maybe I will, as my girls love American dolls.

​​​​​Sweet scrappy quilt, WMUTeach!

I spent my Saturday afternoon nap time cutting 100s of 2" triangles for my Bonnie Hunter quilt. I probably should have napped when the Baby and the twins napped, because now I'm tired out! but at least I made a bit of progress in my project.