Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

• Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 09-15-2010, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Qbee
    I said it before but I just LOVE this swap....are ya'll doing it again....can I join PLEEEAAAASSSEEE.....
    Hi Qbee...I have you on the list as interested for 4. When official signups start I will send you a PM requesting all of the pertinent information I need from you :-)

KSea-Paper piecing is not as hard as it may look. If you just make sure you focus solely on it when first starting you will do wonderfully well. It really is a great way to make great seams and it is addicting so be careful lol!

Everyone you are doing phenomenal work! I received another beautiful Hug block with no return address but the postal mark was Grand Rapids, MI (however there are several boomers from MI) It is a lovely 4 butterflies block. Whomever made it-I thank you it is beautiful and will go fabulously with all of my other hugs :-)

I am waiting on word from the insurance company on a portion of the procedure I have to have done but if they give the green light the surgery will be beginning of October so I will be back in the game for Boomerang 4.0-YEAH!!!

I want to thank you all again for being such fabulous friends and for being here for me and for thinking enough of me to send me hug blocks. I have found some fabulous fabrics to set these blocks with and I have a design concept in my head-now I have to draw it out and see how it will look :-)

Much Love & Huge Hugs
    April
    Old 09-15-2010, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by ksea
    Thank you all for the encouragement and the link Moonrise, I will try it. I love the results that pp gives but always thought it was too difficult to try. what kind of paper should I use?
    I think PP is way easier, you have a line to follow so your stitches are really straight. I use tracing paper.
    Old 09-15-2010, 06:10 AM

I would rather PP then any other method. I buy a ream at a time from a paper company that's 16# copy paper so it's lighter weight and easier to tear away. Small stitches and a larger needle really help too. But be careful, like April said it's very additive. Go for it and we're all here to help if you have questions.
    Old 09-15-2010, 07:25 AM

Isn't that named something like, "crossing canoes"? I've seen something like that before, but it is way back in the far depths of my poor old brain! lol Cool looking block. You did a nice job of it!
    hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    Moonrise, I don't know the name of the block I drew it in quilt assistant and then paper pieced it. I have seem the block, but I have no idea what it is called.
    Old 09-15-2010, 07:56 AM

I have received 3 of my grown-ups back and they are just beautiful!!! Got them from Moonrise, missgigglewings and Wendsy. As soon as GS returns my camera, I will post pics. Thank you ladies, I love them.
    Old 09-15-2010, 08:07 AM

This is just FYI. I have not received f8th's from:

lets quilt
    mobenpohl
    new2quilting
    purplemem (hope you are doing better.)
    Old 09-15-2010, 10:00 AM

Hi all. Yup still here. Just working a lot of overtime. (3rd Shift) I just finished MOONRISE's block. First it was gonna be one block, then it changed my mind. Then it changed my mind again! LOL Those sparkles sure make it chatty. LOL

I road my motorcycle to Hannibal and found the perfect Micheal Miller for moonrise block and a few others. it was such a great day Saturday! Hannibal is about 75 miles one way, but i love going there whenever I can. I try to go once a month or every 6 weeks if possible.

I have received 4 or 5 grown ups, hopefully I can get pics posted this weekend.
    Old 09-15-2010, 10:06 AM

Boy I know what i am going to do in the next boomerang when i get a squishy I am going to cut a little off the corner and glue it to the paper list. I have 3 that as finding the fabric to go with them i have misplaced them. I am lucky to find anything in this house right now.
    Brenda
    Old 09-15-2010, 12:16 PM

April, sorry I forgot the return address on the Butterfly squishie. When I was making your first block one of my grand daughters was spending the night and she was asking about the card trick block and why I was making it and I was telling her about you and your hug quilt. She loves your screen name and was jumping around saying "loving Izabella" that's my new name! She was pretty silly. Anyway last week she was back to bug me in the sewing room and she found the 2 orange fabrics in my stash, she asked for a block made out of it and so I found the butterfly block pattern and decided to try it and when I was done with it and gave it to her she sat down and studied it and then gave it back to me and said "Nanna could you send it to the "loving Izabella" lady that needs hugs? Butterflies give great hugs, and I bet she would like it in her quilt." So after sitting in my room crying about what a special little person my grand daughter is, we wrapped it up and sent it out, and in the excitement I must have forgotten to put a return address on it. I'm glad it made it to you and we are glad that you like it. So now you have a butterfly hug (and I have it on good authority that butterflies give great hugs) for you hug quilt. Oh and I did make my grand daughter another butterfly block and I promised to make her a whole butterfly quilt when I get my sons quilt done.
    Old 09-15-2010, 12:22 PM

OK...now you have us all crying!!!!!!!!!