Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

• Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 09-26-2010, 05:38 PM

Now that all my orders for others are done, I can actually get blocks done and mailed. I have one for moonrise done but haven't been to town to mail yet. Hope to get some done this week and actually mailed.
    Old 09-26-2010, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
    Jupiter, I received your block yesterday. How fun and creative you were! I'll be happy to incorporate it into my quilt!
    Karen, Have you posted a picture?
    Old 09-26-2010, 06:27 PM

Kwiltcrazy!!!
    I have a serious problem with your grown up. I thought it was going to be a well behaved when I decided to Broderie Perse her but guess what? She was missing for almost a week! Since she has been hand saw, she was coming with to when ever I am going, somehow she managed to disappear! Just today when I torn appart the family room, there she was hidden under a pillow.
    I'll try to keep an close eye on her and send her home next week! you talk to her when she arrives!
    leakus
    Old 09-27-2010, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by ksea
    I received two grown up blocks from Oatw13, they are both beautiful blocks and fit in on the wall just beautifully. I also got my son and new daughter in law to be's quilt done today. It is all ready to be sent off to the quilters. I am so excited. It isn't perfect by any means but I am so proud of it, and it is nothing like the pattern so I guess they will have a very unique wedding quilt.
    That quilt is BEAUTIFUL! They are going to love it!!!!
    Old 09-27-2010, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
    Fryguy, post a picture of your charity quilt when you get done with it, would love to see it.

Children are a challenge, but well worth the effort. Mine are both on their own, but I can't stop mothering them. They pretend to listen to us, then do what they want. Those apron strings are very strong, and don't break. Just gotta love them and do your best. It's amazing how good they turn out, even with all the mistakes.

It must be hard to give up the foster kittens, I don't know if I could do it, we took care of my oldest son's cat, Stash, for three weeks, when he went to Ohio to move his girlfriend out here to Oregon, and he became my kitty, But when my son came back he took him back, now when I go to visit, he comes running and starts talking like crazy, and won't let me alone, talking all the time, it's funny, because I'm the only one he talks to like this. We use to have wonderful morning conversations while I combed him in the mornings, and at night before we went to bed(not him, he's more of a night owl that me). So I have to go visit him all the time.
    The quilt will be done today, I'll post a picture later. My Mom is here and she keeps me so busy I don't even have time to check this thread. She has been here 2 weeks and has cleaned my three kids rooms, painted two rooms at my sister's house, made me help lay hardwood in two huge rooms and made a queen size quilt and she is still going strong!!!! I, on the other hand am really tired!

I only foster adult cats. They would be hard to part with except that the organization I volunteer with is wonderful and always finds great homes for the cats so that makes it so much easier. Also, I am really allergic so I am happy when they go and I can breathe again. But, I keep taking in more...silly me!

AND...my horse is gaining weight!!!!!! It must have just been his teeth.

I am loving all the blocks, it is so fun to see them all together. I am already thinking about my fabric for Boom 4.0
    Old 09-27-2010, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by leakus
    I realized that I am going at a very slow pace. I had sent 5 blocks out and have 2 more ready to go. I decided to machine applique my blocks because it is my favorite technique and I am trying to let the fabrics speak to me and here is what I have done since I made my decision was made:
    Barbsbus, your block is my creation,
    Fryguymore, yours is the "Angel's Trumpet" a Hawaiian pattern from Quilts Hawaii
    Hope you like it. I am sending them tomorrow.
    WOW!!!! That block is awesome, I can't wait to get it.
    Old 09-27-2010, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
    Hoppyfrog I Love the pattern you used for Nursebonnie's block, what is it? Sheysmema I love the color you put with NB's block. Megsann I love the mix of colors you created on Leakus's bear's paw, it is so rich.

Jlin thank you for sending my heart back, received it this morning. The back of my quilt is going to be beautiful. Will post a picture of the hearts that I have received so far, in a little while.
    I completely forgot to send back your heart :( Sorry. I have never signed I block, what kind of pen should I use?
    Old 09-27-2010, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    Originally Posted by ksea
    I received two grown up blocks from Oatw13, they are both beautiful blocks and fit in on the wall just beautifully. I also got my son and new daughter in law to be's quilt done today. It is all ready to be sent off to the quilters. I am so excited. It isn't perfect by any means but I am so proud of it, and it is nothing like the pattern so I guess they will have a very unique wedding quilt.
    That quilt is BEAUTIFUL! They are going to love it!!!!
    Thanks to you and everyone who has made kind comments about my son's wedding quilt. I can't wait to see it when it comes back from the quilters.
    Old 09-27-2010, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by leakus
    Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
    Jupiter, I received your block yesterday. How fun and creative you were! I'll be happy to incorporate it into my quilt!
    Karen, Have you posted a picture?
    I haven't posted any pictures! I've been trying to get my life back in order after making two major trips in the past month! I'll do it soon, since I've received a few blocks and I've completed approximately 15 and haven't taken a picture or mailed them. So little time...
    Old 09-27-2010, 07:17 AM

Mary Jane,

glad to hear you're feeling better and are getting back in the groove. I'm happy you were able to shut that fabric up long enough to make it into a pretty for my quilt; I'll have a stern discussion with it when it arrives. [didn't I tell you these fabrics I picked this time were just like my youngest child? nothin' but a bunch of whiners!)

and whomever's mom is staying with her (is that you, fryguymoore?), please ship her to my house when you're through with her. I need some serious butt-kickin' to get my life in order and she sounds as if she would fit the bill. Or maybe you can just send her to shape up my 18-year-old who's dancing on my last nerve this week (and it's only Monday)...........

Odessa