Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

• Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 11-14-2010, 04:05 PM

Hi everyone,

I have yet to sew a block, but life has been kicking my butt lately. Some of you have seen my PDA, but (sadly) I discovered last week that someone (possibly one of the mods) has deleted it completely. Suffice to say, I will be putting up a new one so anyone who wishes can catch up with my craziness.

That being said, I am confident that I will have everyone's blocks completed and sent by the end of the swap. Have to get my chart out and figure out who sent me which blocks and take a picture so you can all see. I have lots of envelopes to open and explore.

April, count me in for Boom #4, please. I should be firmly back on track by January.

Odessa
    Old 11-14-2010, 05:03 PM

Ohh count me in on round 4 also!

I started working on more blocks today. It is such a relief compared to the monster quilt I have been trying to work on! I just finished an apron, towel and hot pad set for xmas, only 1 more quilt to get done by thanksgiving!
    Old 11-14-2010, 05:03 PM

SO GLAD!! to see you back! I know it's been tough lately - but you've hung in there & handled your butt kickin' amazingly!! You know I've told you before I admire your compassion & love for your family. A real inspiration, that's for sure! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: So here's my big hug for you!! :-) :-) :!:
    Old 11-14-2010, 06:30 PM

Hi Odessa,

I didn't understand a word of what you said in paragraph 1. What is a PDA and is a mod a leader...???

(I don't get out much! lol)

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
    Hi everyone,

I have yet to sew a block, but life has been kicking my butt lately. Some of you have seen my PDA, but (sadly) I discovered last week that someone (possibly one of the mods) has deleted it completely. Suffice to say, I will be putting up a new one so anyone who wishes can catch up with my craziness.

That being said, I am confident that I will have everyone's blocks completed and sent by the end of the swap. Have to get my chart out and figure out who sent me which blocks and take a picture so you can all see. I have lots of envelopes to open and explore.

April, count me in for Boom #4, please. I should be firmly back on track by January.

Odessa
    Old 11-14-2010, 06:33 PM

I don't know all the rules here. Is it ok for Tracy to show us her Christmas projects? I am on the look out for what to make for a few relatives...

Jupiter

Originally Posted by dawson.tracy35
    Ohh count me in on round 4 also!

I started working on more blocks today. It is such a relief compared to the monster quilt I have been trying to work on! I just finished an apron, towel and hot pad set for xmas, only 1 more quilt to get done by thanksgiving!
    Old 11-14-2010, 09:08 PM

[quote=Jupiter]I don't know all the rules here. Is it ok for Tracy to show us her Christmas projects? I am on the look out for what to make for a few relatives...

Jupiter

There's a thread call Christmas Club. Lot's of good ideas there.
    Old 11-14-2010, 10:10 PM

thank you Hoppy!
    [quote=hoppyfrog]
    Originally Posted by Jupiter
    I don't know all the rules here. Is it ok for Tracy to show us her Christmas projects? I am on the look out for what to make for a few relatives...

Jupiter

There's a thread call Christmas Club. Lot's of good ideas there.
    Old 11-15-2010, 06:11 AM

Thanks Leakus for letting me know you received them. It's always "ify" with the snail mail. Sometimes they get there the next day and sometimes the next year....you never can tell!!! Glad you liked the block.
    Old 11-15-2010, 07:10 AM

Hi Odessa,

I didn't understand a word of what you said in paragraph 1. What is a PDA and is a mod a leader...???

hugs, Jupiter
    Hi Jupiter,

A PDA is "Personal Diaries and Announcements" ... sort of like an online diary that everyone can read. Many people put terrific news in it, like successes of their children, etc. Some people just put in daily stuff that they want to share, but has no other "place" to go on the Board. And still others share things like deaths, illnesses, frustrations, etc. Mine kind of had a little bit of everything in it, but recently I have had some setbacks in my life that have knocked me for a loop. I won't go into it here.

"Mod" is short for "moderator" ... those are the people who keep track of the site for Admin and help to insure a decent site for all.

Hope this helps you to understand.

Happy sewing!
    Old 11-15-2010, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
    Hi Odessa,

hugs, Jupiter
    Hi Jupiter,

A PDA is "Personal Diaries and Announcements" ... sort of like an online diary that everyone can read. Many people put terrific news in it, like successes of their children, etc. Some people just put in daily stuff that they want to share, but has no other "place" to go on the Board. And still others share things like deaths, illnesses, frustrations, etc. Mine kind of had a little bit of everything in it, but recently I have had some setbacks in my life that have knocked me for a loop. I won't go into it here.

"Mod" is short for "moderator" ... those are the people who keep track of the site for Admin and help to insure a decent site for all.

Hope this helps you to understand.

Happy sewing!
    Hi Odessa, glad to see you back, why would a mod delete you?