Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

• Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 11-23-2010, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    Originally Posted by ksea
    OMGosh Dawn I am so sorry that you are having to endure all this with the school system. I don't have the words to tell you how deeply I feel for you. My youngest son was a special needs student and had to be in private school for 2 years because the public school had a really crappy special education program . A group of us fought and fought to get improvements in the special education program of the public school and we finally got the community behind us and he received an awesome education. I am praying that there will be a good outcome for your children also. there is no love like a mothers love and there is no fight like a mothers fight, so hang in there, know that there are many prayers being said for you and yours. I am happy that you are joining Boom 4 and we will get to see more of the awesome blocks that you make.
    Have a happy holiday!!
    While I do believe you, I find it unbelievable that parents were able to make a difference. I don't think the people here would ever support special education. I see articles in the paper all the time about "those" kids and how they hurt test score and cost the schools money. There was even an article condeming the parents who won a large settlement against our school district, they blamed the parents for costing the district tax payers money. There was no public out-cry. Us parents of special education kids are just to beaten up to do anything. Which of course is why they beat us up!
    I hear you here, but people seem to forget that the constitution guarantees us "LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS"!!!!!!!! And this can not be accomplished without a decent education!!!!!! My best to you and your precious family.
    and I wish you an especially happy Thanksgiving, and holiday season. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep your head up.
    Old 11-23-2010, 10:24 AM

Dawn - Stay strong. I know you and your family will come out of this better off than if you left your son in that school. Sometimes as parents, we have to make hard choices that others don't always understand. Rest assured, you know what is best for your son. Keep looking for resources, there is something out there somewhere that will work. You will find the answer. Just look for it one day at a time. :)

On a lighter note, I received a beautiful block from leakus!! She has already posted a picture, but I will try to post another. I really want to show this one off. She did an amazing job. :) Thank you.
    Old 11-23-2010, 10:44 AM

Here are pictures of the last 4 blocks I received.

Aren't they great?!! Thank you. :)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-132627.jpe   attachment-132628.jpe   attachment-132629.jpe   attachment-132630.jpe  
    Old 11-23-2010, 01:55 PM

Oh mg, what splendid blocks. Are you making several different quilts? They are very beautiful blocks.
    Old 11-23-2010, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    Originally Posted by ksea
    OMGosh Dawn I am so sorry that you are having to endure all this with the school system. I don't have the words to tell you how deeply I feel for you. My youngest son was a special needs student and had to be in private school for 2 years because the public school had a really crappy special education program . A group of us fought and fought to get improvements in the special education program of the public school and we finally got the community behind us and he received an awesome education. I am praying that there will be a good outcome for your children also. there is no love like a mothers love and there is no fight like a mothers fight, so hang in there, know that there are many prayers being said for you and yours. I am happy that you are joining Boom 4 and we will get to see more of the awesome blocks that you make.
    Have a happy holiday!!
    While I do believe you, I find it unbelievable that parents were able to make a difference. I don't think the people here would ever support special education. I see articles in the paper all the time about "those" kids and how they hurt test score and cost the schools money. There was even an article condeming the parents who won a large settlement against our school district, they blamed the parents for costing the district tax payers money. There was no public out-cry. Us parents of special education kids are just to beaten up to do anything. Which of course is why they beat us up!
    Maybe the parents of my community were able to make a difference because it is a small farming community and very close knit. My husband is related to about 1/2 the people in town and his family is very well known. Also, this was 15years ago and I think things were a little different back then. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of you and yours and have a blessed holiday.
    Old 11-23-2010, 08:53 PM

I have been working like crazy on the blocks and discovered that I do not have F8's from the following:
    MegsAnn
    new2quilting
    nurse bonnie
    ksea
    mbogenpohl
    I would like to make blocks for them but can't without the f8's.
    I have 5 more blocks to finish from the rest and will be getting them all off in the mail early next week. It is so fun to see them all laid out waiting to get into their envelopes. I am going to take pictures of all the finished ones before I mail them.
    Old 11-24-2010, 06:05 AM

I will be craming this weekend to get all mine done.Have to work Friday but thats ok.I plan on getting alot done so can mail out by Monday.
    Old 11-24-2010, 07:01 AM

can't wait for Boomerrang 4 ... *counting down the days*

Can't rush the time though ... I've been looking at fabric, and haven't found any that really "calls" out to me. I'm thinking of going with a "green" theme, so I can get a quilt top done for my brother ... OR maybe do a 1/2 and 1/2 ... so I can get a quilt for my brother and one of my nieces ...

Yeah ... that's what I might do :D IF nothing happens ...
    Old 11-24-2010, 02:56 PM

Finally! After a month away from home, I'm back and have had a chance to go through my mail! Here are pictures of returned quilt blocks. They are beautiful and will make a gorgeous Quilt of Valor.

I didn't ask before, but anyone who wants to send me a PM with a message to be sent with the finished quilt is welcome and encouraged to do so. I plan on including a list of where each block came from and explaining this swap

(Starting at Top) Mine, Shelley Lee, Mary Chow, Donna Mitchell, Elise Stone, Barbara Moreland
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]133464[/ATTACH]

Mindy Herbert, Marilyn Smith, Kathy Nelson, Melissa Tennant, Dawn Moore, Cindy Gangle
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]133465[/ATTACH]

Linda Mosbacker, Andrea Kuster, Tricia Foley, Linda Green, Judy Bowers, K. Osburn
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]133466[/ATTACH]

Karen Barnes, Julie Linsey, Misty Callahan (all three in bottom row!)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]133533[/ATTACH]

These are from Lucinda Barron
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]133593[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-133459.jpe   attachment-133460.jpe   attachment-133461.jpe   attachment-133528.jpe   attachment-133588.jpe  

Old 11-24-2010, 03:41 PM

What a welcome to come home to :thumbup: What a beautiful quilt it will be! Everyone did such a great job on their blocks. It looks as if we all got together and planned it together. :mrgreen: