Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

• Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 08-12-2010, 05:53 AM

Mine are officially in the hands of the USPS as of 8:30am. :mrgreen:

DH took them to the post office to make sure of the postage, and it was $.44 each ($.79 for the one to Canada). :)
    Old 08-12-2010, 06:45 AM

Odessa - I WOULD LOVE to come ... I'll bring my machine, my current WIP, and help you with this cooking (I'm better at cleaning up ... can't cook ... hubby does it all) ... and then we can QUILT to our hearts content ...

Oh wait ... I have to work :( must earn money to support my habit ... quilting habit that is ;)

R

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
    reneebobby, just how polish are you? I'm 1/2, so there are definitely days when I can feel your pain! Seriously, I live in an area of Michigan with one of the largest polish populations outside the metro Detroit area ... in the spring, we've been known to put sap buckets on the telephone poles instead of the maple trees!

Robin & April, you're right. Just 'cuz I'm old doesn't mean I'm not "good" ... I keep telling my husband that he's got it pretty good to be married to me ... no one else would have put up with his nonsense for this long. I've EARNED every single one of these gray hairs on my head, and most of them are named Randy, Ashleigh, Rayechel and Caitlyn! HA!

Wedding cake Saturday, so my F8's won't be going out until next week. Have to press, cut, and package first. Won't even consider playing in my fabric stash until after I'm done getting all greased up with butter, eggs, and sugar! Anyone wanna come and sweat with me? The oven's on every night until Friday!

Odessa
    Old 08-12-2010, 07:30 AM

The name is Sheet2

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
    I am trying to mail merge but the first step is to type in the name and everything I type in says it can't be used. So I am going to dust off my pen and get busy! I am too frustrated already with mail merge.
    Old 08-12-2010, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by CraftsByRobin
    Odessa - I WOULD LOVE to come ... I'll bring my machine, my current WIP, and help you with this cooking (I'm better at cleaning up ... can't cook ... hubby does it all) ... and then we can QUILT to our hearts content ...

Oh wait ... I have to work :( must earn money to support my habit ... quilting habit that is ;)

R
    Robin,

Anyone who cleans up after me is ALWAYS WELCOME in my kitchen! I don't cook (too much standing for my arthritic knees), but I love to bake. I have tons of pans, tools, 2 different mixers, bowls, sifters, 4 different sets of measuring spoons, 3 or 4 sets of measuring cups, plus I don't know how many liquid measuring cups ... you get the picture! I do know how to make a mess!

So, I'll bake, you clean up, we'll nosh on some yummies and then we can quilt together.

Oh, yeah, that money thing .......... hmmmmmmmm ....... [scratches butt, contemplating how to get more money for quilting habit] ......... we could sell cakes cookies and pastries and then use the $$ for quilt supplies!

Yay!

So, when are you moving to Michigan????
    :wink:
    Old 08-12-2010, 08:18 AM

Odessa - last time I was in Michigan was probably in 1999! I loved the area I went to visit ... Petoskey (sp?) area ... been there three times since 1997 ... I met a couple of folks on the internet from that area and went up for a visit ... it is beautiful!!! I also went to Mackinaw Island ...

Flew into Traverse City each time (cheapest flights) ... but I'm not sure I could handle Michigan winters ... other than that ... I'd move in a heart beat :D

Maybe when I retire? :D

Robin
    Old 08-12-2010, 08:25 AM

What kind of envelope should I use? Can I use the regular 9in with the security printing in them? Or do I need something else?
    Old 08-12-2010, 10:07 AM

Robin, are you retiring next week? You know, you're not that far from where I am (near the innermost point of the Saginaw Bay), so don't be thinking that my winters are rough! Petoskey and Traverse City get it much worse than we do (it's that "lake effect" thing). So you could handle it.

How does next Thursday sound to you???? :wink: :wink: :wink:

knlsmith, I use a regular business-size envelope to send my F8's. Fold them so they are close to the size of the envie so you pass through the 1/4" thickness tester at the PO. For the blocks to be returned, I use a 6"x9" craft envelope (dark yellow color). Again, fold to fit envie. The flatter it is, the better it goes through the system.....go ahead, ask me how I know! ;)

Odessa
    Old 08-12-2010, 10:11 AM

How bout ya'll both split the difference and move down here to arkansas, then i can help you taste test all the baked goods! Winters are very mild here... Summers are a bit warm, was 108 with heat index of 120 last week. Should I send ya'll a copy of the paper so you can look for houses when I send the fabric?
    Old 08-12-2010, 10:16 AM

I was just in Petosky and Traverse City on my last Pfizer trip! I loved it so much I brought home a real estate listing book! My friend (R, W, & B quilt on another tread) took me the UP and I met a lot of nice Yoopers! Small world! Would move up there in an instant if it weren't for my Texas Grandangel!
    Old 08-12-2010, 10:48 AM

I'm the one Canadian :) My packages went out this morning to everyone. Post Office guy was very curious as to what was in all the envelopes and why. If I explained it to him, it would just take too long so I told him samples of fabric. He just nodded like I was crazy. Too funny!