Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

• Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 08-15-2010, 09:45 AM

Cathy,
    I have bouts of cellulitis and I feel your pain (literally). That was real courage sending your dh to a fabric store. Mine wouldn't know what to do, but it would definitely be interesting.

I'm using scrap fabrics for my boomerangs. I have a huge stash of scraps, and anything smaller than a fat quarter I consider a scrap. That is one of the best things about this swap, I get to shrink my scrap bins. Unfortunately, they seem to multiply when I divide them!

Take care of that leg! I have a push button sewing machine so I continued to sew on the days I felt good enough.

Be sure and post the picture of your dh's choice. I really want to see that.
    Old 08-15-2010, 10:47 AM

[/quote]

Wendsy's block is done. As soon as I took it out of the envelope, it told me exactly what it wanted to look like when it grew up! No ifs, ands, or buts! :mrgreen: It should "boomerang" back to her in Monday's mail. Hope you like it, Wendsy! :)

This is exactly what happened to me. The colors just screamed to me.

Embroideru is fine with me also. Diversity makes a wonderful sampler.
    Old 08-15-2010, 11:15 AM

Cathy I hope your cellulitis clears up real fast, I've had it once, it's definitely no fun.

Well it will give you lots of time to figure out patterns.
    Old 08-15-2010, 12:04 PM

WOW-some people are really on the ball! Came home last night to find 4 envies in the box - all for me & all fat8s WooHoo!! Went thro them today after church & selected patterns for each - finished one for Moonrise. Couldn't resist those cute butterflies:)
    I wasn't sure I had enough fabric for the block I wanted to do -- & of course could not start cutting & find out...oops! SO---I cut a fat8 from muslin, measured off each little piece that I needed to cut & marked the muslin w/fabric marker (instead of cutting). Had enough! Yea!! The marker I used washes off w/a little water, so my muslin fat8 'template' is all clean & ready to use again --just in case I find another block pattern that I'm not sure there would be enough for.
    *Once in a great while, the ol' brain still functions! lol

Break is about over -- time to get back to the sewing room - this is just TOO much FUN!
    Old 08-15-2010, 12:42 PM

When I was mailing my F8's at the Post Office, the postal worker gave me a tip I had never heard before.

I was using the manilla clasp envelopes (6" x 9" ) and he told me if I had cut off the metal clasp I could have sent it for $0.44 - the regular letter rate. Because I had the metal clasp on, I paid $0.61 each. Apparently, the metal clasp envelopes cannot be processed by machine because the clasps get caught and jam up the machine.

Of course, this only applies if the envelope is less than 1/4" thick and not rigid.

Just thought I would pass that along. :)
    Old 08-15-2010, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy N
    As many of you know I am a bit disabled right now due to celluitis in my leg. So I have to keep it elevated at all times and can't walk....therefore I cannot shop. So I wanted to get my boomerang fabric today. I sent my husband to Joanns with a coupon in hand and told him to pick out his favorite fabric to make a quilt from and buy 5 yards. He's not home yet, but I can't wait to see what he comes up with. He has a wonderful sense of color and design so I'm pretty excited. Hopefully for all of your sakes it will be something fun to work with!
    Kathy, 1st off so sorry to hear you're not doing so well, take care of you and the other stuff will take care of itself for now. I know that your husband will pick out awesome fabric, and bless his heart for doing this for you. Can't wait to see what he chooses. Again take care of you and get well soon.
    Old 08-15-2010, 01:21 PM

WOW, some of you guys were super on the ball. This is my first swap of any kind and I had no idea that I would be so excited to get squishes in the mail box, imagine how excited I was to get 6 in the mailbox yesterday. I received F8's from missgigglewings, moonrise, Reneebobby, Wendsy, barbsbus, and kwiltkrazy. I will be sending my F8's out in the morning,but unfortunetly I have to spend the evening cleaning my sewing room so none of my little goodies go missing, then will start on the blocks in the morning, I woke up twice in the night thinking about the blocks I wanted to make.
    Old 08-15-2010, 01:31 PM

Great tip oatw13. I'll use to send out blocks, boomeranging their way home.
    Old 08-15-2010, 01:31 PM

Barbsbus, kwiltkrazy and moonrise your block will be in the mail back to you tomorrow. Missgigglewings, yours is being silent doesn't know what it wants to be. As soon as it makes up it's mind it will be out to you. :)
    Old 08-15-2010, 02:13 PM

That is what i was thinking I might be able to get 2 quilts blocks out of the f8. I will use a different matching color or change them around some so they won't be alike.
    Brenda
    Tracy I know how you feel. My husband was on the road for years and I learned how to do everything but electric. I won't mess with that. He was home on the weekends. When we got the house we live in we remodeled it ourselves. It took 6 years and every cent we had but we didn't have to get a loan.
    Luckly we had sold the one we had and was able to rent the house next door, so after work I would go in there and work. But most of it was done by him and friends. I got used to raising the girls by myself. By the time i would get hold of him the crisis was over.