Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

• Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 08-15-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by oatw13
    When I was mailing my F8's at the Post Office, the postal worker gave me a tip I had never heard before.

I was using the manilla clasp envelopes (6" x 9" ) and he told me if I had cut off the metal clasp I could have sent it for $0.44 - the regular letter rate. Because I had the metal clasp on, I paid $0.61 each. Apparently, the metal clasp envelopes cannot be processed by machine because the clasps get caught and jam up the machine.

Of course, this only applies if the envelope is less than 1/4" thick and not rigid.

Just thought I would pass that along. :)
    I think it interesting just how many different responses we've all gotten from the PO! I was told that the clasp wouldn't make a difference as long as the envelope didn't have any bulk and was less than the 1/4" thick. So with seams it will cost more to send out. It's just funny what each place tells us!
    Old 08-15-2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by shaysmema
    Barbsbus, kwiltkrazy and moonrise your block will be in the mail back to you tomorrow. Missgigglewings, yours is being silent doesn't know what it wants to be. As soon as it makes up it's mind it will be out to you. :)
    Wow!!! someone got my squishie, I'm so excited. I'll be watching the mail, double time. Did I tell you my post office route guy thinks I'm crazy, because of all the swaps I've been in since I joined this "guild", but, I'm loving it. I'll be keeping my eyes open.
    Old 08-15-2010, 03:48 PM

This is what I made from the little fiddly bits left over from Wendsy's block. I want to send them to you guys and have you send them back signed, with my block, is that alright with you guys? I would include an extra stamp to cover extra cost. I have to go back and do a satin stitch, I don't like this stitch around the heart. These will make the back of my quilt.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-97734.jpe  
    Old 08-15-2010, 04:07 PM

that is a cute idea
    Old 08-15-2010, 05:23 PM

I've been gone for a couple of days and came home to five squishies, Yah!!!
    From Barbsbus, fryguymoore, leakus, missgigglewings and reneebobby
    Now to search my stash for great combo fabrics.

I hope to have my F8ths in the mail by weeks end.
    Old 08-15-2010, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by brenda 5
    That is what i was thinking I might be able to get 2 quilts blocks out of the f8. I will use a different matching color or change them around some so they won't be alike.
    Brenda
    Tracy I know how you feel. My husband was on the road for years and I learned how to do everything but electric. I won't mess with that. He was home on the weekends. When we got the house we live in we remodeled it ourselves. It took 6 years and every cent we had but we didn't have to get a loan.
    Luckly we had sold the one we had and was able to rent the house next door, so after work I would go in there and work. But most of it was done by him and friends. I got used to raising the girls by myself. By the time i would get hold of him the crisis was over.
    Yeah its a challenge. We have been married about a year and a half and it has been nuts! He has been sick and in the hospital twice in the last year. H had a heat stroke and his kidneys shut down and had to have dialysis in june while in ICU. He was out of work for 6 weeks then and last year he got bit by a spider and got a staph infection and spent 2 weeks in the hospital and was off work for 2 months. And you know how that is on the paycheck, when you own your truck if it aint runnin there is no paycheck! Its been really tough especially with all the remodeling.

I was tearing kitchen cabinets out today! OMG that was hard, them suckers were hard as heck to get down. We are doing it all ourselves (myself, lol) and just using what money we have, don't want a house payment. We have a ton of work to do, but I have time since I don't work. Besides 3 teenagers to drag around all over the world, I take online classes through university of phoenix.
    Its hard not to say forget it all and go sew all day, lol!
    Tracy
    Old 08-15-2010, 05:30 PM

I'm even more excited now since I just found the sixth envelope from moonrise

More to play with ;-)
    Old 08-15-2010, 05:51 PM

Dd I miss the part about what to do with the left over fabric? I would like to use them to make a siggie/record of the f8s I got and from whom. I want to use them in the borders on the quilt I am going to make from my boomerang blocks. I hope that is ok with you all!

Thanks and God Bless
    Old 08-15-2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
    Dd I miss the part about what to do with the left over fabric? I would like to use them to make a siggie/record of the f8s I got and from whom. I want to use them in the borders on the quilt I am going to make from my boomerang blocks. I hope that is ok with you all!

Thanks and God Bless
    Good idea!
    Old 08-15-2010, 07:45 PM

gigglewings, you don't have to send the "scraps" back to us unless someone specifically requests it. I do like the ideas you are all coming up with for this swap; have you been watching 1.0 and 2.0 and deciding how you wanted to "play" if you got an opportunity? (wink)

spent some time this afternoon printing my labels so I'll be ready to cut fabric starting tomorrow. it will be interesting to see what you all do with my fabrics.

Odessa