Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

• Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 08-16-2010, 08:23 AM

I like your heart idea for signatures on the back of your quilt... with sa chunk of each persons own fabric. I think you should ask for city/state/provence too.
    Old 08-16-2010, 08:26 AM

Ooh! Five more packages today. I need to get to the post office and mail mine. It is interesting to see the various ways these are packaged. The postage on the packages today ranged from $.44 to $1.39. The ones I received on Saturday were all $.44. So far I have receive from: fryguymoore, barbsbus, moonrise, renneebobby, MegsAnn2, montanablu, wendsy, Missgigglewings and leakus.
    Old 08-16-2010, 08:46 AM

Squishies Galore! My mailbox just gushed! I received 7 from MegsAnn, ReneeBobby, Missgigglewings, Kwiltkrazy, Barbsbus,Fryguymoore, and Leakus. What great treats! Too bad I have other obligations this week-I'll be in and out all week, helping my aunt with camping for a local tractor and steam engine show, so no sewing until next week.

I did try to do a 3D pinwheel that I got the instruction from the site, but it left a very thick middle-by the time I sewed the parts together each seam was 6-10 seams together-the seams were so thick the 1/4" seam allowances stood upright making a bump-I guess it could be seen at 3D. Otherwise the top of the design turned out neat. But was realy glad to have tried it on scrap material!
    Old 08-16-2010, 09:34 AM

OMG 7 SQUISHIES!!!!!!!Barbsbus, MegsAnn, Fryguymoore,Missgiggles,Moonrise. leakus, and Reneebobby. Wow, such neat fabrics. Wish I could just sit and play.
    Old 08-16-2010, 09:41 AM

Oh go ahead and play we know you want to. I promise we won't tell will we girls?
    Old 08-16-2010, 10:21 AM

Got home and found in my mail box squishes from

barbsbus
    kwiltkrazy
    magsann
    missgigglewings
    moonrise
    wendsy

All extremely pretty fabric
    Old 08-16-2010, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by wendsy
    Squishies Galore! My mailbox just gushed! I received 7 from MegsAnn, ReneeBobby, Missgigglewings, Kwiltkrazy, Barbsbus,Fryguymoore, and Leakus. What great treats! Too bad I have other obligations this week-I'll be in and out all week, helping my aunt with camping for a local tractor and steam engine show, so no sewing until next week.

I did try to do a 3D pinwheel that I got the instruction from the site, but it left a very thick middle-by the time I sewed the parts together each seam was 6-10 seams together-the seams were so thick the 1/4" seam allowances stood upright making a bump-I guess it could be seen at 3D. Otherwise the top of the design turned out neat. But was realy glad to have tried it on scrap material!
    One thing you can try is to open out the center seam allowance and press them so that it looks like a "wheel" going around the center point. This should help to reduce the bulk. You may have to remove a stitch or two from the edge of the fabric to that 1/4" mark, but this will alleviate some of the bulk.
    Old 08-16-2010, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
    Originally Posted by wendsy

One thing you can try is to open out the center seam allowance and press them so that it looks like a "wheel" going around the center point. This should help to reduce the bulk. You may have to remove a stitch or two from the edge of the fabric to that 1/4" mark, but this will alleviate some of the bulk.
    Thanks!
    Old 08-16-2010, 11:28 AM

5 squishes in the mail today. MegsAnn, ReneeBobby, Wendsy,Fryguymoore and leakus. Mailed all mine today so be on the look out also mailed back to Kwiltkrazy, barbsbus and moonrise. missgigglewings your still isn't talking to me :-( hopefully it will soon. Beautiful fab. girls.
    Old 08-16-2010, 12:36 PM

barbsbus, kwitkrazy, letsquilt, megsann, leakus. I recieved their fat 8s today. it is really funny I am recieveing (sp) fabric that I have in my stash.