Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

• Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 08-16-2010, 06:15 PM

Im doing 2 quilts with mine, one will be done with 1930's fabrics- they have been sent out today to 18 people, the other one I havent decided on yet.
    Old 08-16-2010, 06:49 PM

Well, as per my "usual", I'm daring to be different ... I purchased 7 different coordinating fabrics and will be sending them out. I have no idea how many of each will be going out (2 of them I have decent yardage of for borders/sashing, but want to use them for blocks, too...). I have a note going in the envie with mine, and a swatch of the others you don't get stapled to it so you can see what will be in my quilt.

You'd think I'm made of $$ when I tell people I bought something like 14.5 yards of fabric, but at $2.49/yard, I just couldn't pass it up! I may make some pillowcases and/or a smaller WH from the leftovers ....

it's gonna be fun!
    Old 08-16-2010, 07:27 PM

~SQUISHIE ALERT~
    I got 4 on Sat:
    barbsbus
    fryguymoore
    missgigglewings
    ReneeBobby

And today, I was blessed with 6 more squishies:
    Wendsy
    moonrise
    montanablu
    MegsAnn
    kwiltkrazy
    leakus
    This is sooooo much fun. This is my first time and I don't think will be my last. They are all beautiful fabrics and can't wait to hear what they have to so about what to turn them into. I hope to get mine out tomorrow.
    Old 08-16-2010, 07:44 PM

I raided my stash for the Boomerang-didn't have enough yardage of 1 fabric so I had 2 pieces I found on sale that kind of coordinated-still didn't have enough so I added from another piece. So I ended up using 3 different fabric, I did end up sending out swatches of the other 2 with each F8.
    Old 08-16-2010, 08:12 PM

I got F8s today from kwiltkrazy and montanablu. YAY!
    Old 08-16-2010, 08:51 PM

Gosh, this is so exciting.
    Old 08-16-2010, 10:38 PM

The strangest thing happened a little while ago! I had all the F8's that arrived today together in my sewing room, waiting to be studied. No sooner did I leave the room when I heard a ruckus! I opened the door, and those "innocent" little F8's were digging through my stash, fighting over which fabrics they wanted in their block with them! Eek! Two of them were even having a tug-of-war! :shock:

Luckily I caught them in time, before they got into too much trouble. Nobody got hurt. Whew!

But since they were so eager to become "all grown up", I sat down at the sewing machine, and now they're all happy, adult blocks. They'll be winging their way back to their mommies later this morning. :)

Megsann's gorgeous F8 and coordinating sample had me a little "out of my element" as far as color goes. :lol: I tried to use some of the colors from the lighter fabric, while still coordinating with the sampler fabric. I hope you like it! :)

Fryguymoore's F8 had me bumfuzzled at first, but as soon as I started digging through my stash, the perfect coordinate was right in front of me. I'd forgotten I'd bought it a few weeks ago. I'm really liking how it turned out. Hope you do, too. Your fabric is positively yummy! :thumbup:

Leakus' block turned out nicely too, I think. :) I used one of my favorite patterns. Hope you enjoy it!

Kwiltkrazy's block was made with a fussy-cut flower from her F8 as the centerpiece, and with another of my favorite patterns. Enjoy! :)

I happened to have some perfectly-coordinating fabric for Barbsbus's F8, and I think the pattern sets off her fabric nicely. Hope you like it! :)

Missgigglewings's F8 was more of a challenge, but hopefully you'll enjoy it. The fabric is beautiful. I think the texture was throwing me off, because I haven't worked with that type of cloth before. I kept the pattern fairly simple to keep the number of cuts down (fraying), so I chose a classic pattern and used a very decorative coordinating fabric. Hope you like it! :)

I'm really, really enjoying working with all these F8's. It gives me something to do, plus I like working with colors and designs that are different than the ones I normally am drawn to. Go ahead and sign me up for 4.0 ... and 5.0 ... and 6.0 ... and ... :mrgreen:

Hope lots more F8's arrive tomorrow! :mrgreen:
    Old 08-17-2010, 03:25 AM

Moonrise, your way to funny. But this is an addicting swap. Purple taked me into it (not very hard either) and this is my second time. I do plan on 1 more and then well, I will have to start turning all these beautiful blocks into beautiful quilts. I need to find a book (for directions) on quilt as you go otherwise I would be spending a ton of money on quilting. hummmmmmm maybe it will help push dh into buying me a longarm? Okay wishful thinking on my part. hehehe
    Old 08-17-2010, 04:22 AM

Thank you all for your input! I may have an idea. Just have to get the guts up to cut into it!

Tracy
    Old 08-17-2010, 05:00 AM

I was sitting at my machine this morning trying to finish up a quilt I had started and missgigglewings f8 started yelling at me, "Hey I would look good dressed up in that fabric" so that's what I did. She is on the way home to you today. I keep it simple hope you like it.