Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

• Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 09-01-2010, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    Originally Posted by MegsAnn
    F8 Alert! I got Nurse Bonnie's today.

By the way, I've been choosing the pattern, then searching through the envelopes for whose fabric would work nicely with that pattern, then finding coordinating fabrics. That's the easiest part, actually... the fabrics. I guess I'm just confident in that area. Does anybody else do things in that order or am I just creatively different?
    I do it exactly opposite. I find the coordinating fabric and then find a pattern with that number of fabrics and a pattern that suits it. I usually find another pattern I like in the process and then I use your method :)
    That's what I do too. I need to see how many fabrics I have to work with first.
    Old 09-01-2010, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
    I received my first two blocks, and they are WONDERFUL !!!!

I am posting a photo which has the block I made for myself, as well as the ones from Moonrise and Wendsy. Thank you both for making such nice blocks for my quilt.

hugs, Jupiter
    I love the circle!
    Old 09-02-2010, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
    Hi April,

I hope you don't mind my asking this. I know that your are facing some surgery. I'll be praying for you. If you tell me what to pray for, it would be nice to know. Of crourse, God already knows and His hand will be on you if you ask Him.

hugs, Jupiter
    Hi Jupiter
    I do not mind you asking at all :-)
    Thank you so much for the prayers-they mean a lot and they do help. I currently have a shunt in my spine for intracranial hypertension. This is a buildup of cerebrospinal fluid on the brain. It squeezes on the veins and arteries and the optic nerves (which can cause blindness) and if it gets too bad it can "suffocate" the brain as well. The shunt has been clogging intermittently and I ended up in the ER in June. The decision has been made that the shunt in the spine has to come out and go in my brain to give better pressure relief.
    If you click on the link in my signature you can read more about the condition and what I have gone through. Any questions I am always happy to answer.
    Much Love & Huge Hugs
    April
    Old 09-02-2010, 07:33 AM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you April! Good luck!

I've received a F8 from quiltlin and beautiful blocks from Wendsy and montanablu!
    Old 09-02-2010, 08:27 AM

I received a F8 from Nurse Bonnie-very pretty!

Grown ups going home-after I post them after lunch are:
    Shaysmema
    Quiltergirl80
    Cat 18
    Quilting Turtle
    NorbanaQuilts
    Goldendog55
    Dawson.Tracy35
    JaneCat
    MontanaBlu
    KwiltKrazy
    Letsquilt
    Plus the ones I listed earlier this week-
    KNL Smith
    Quiltlin
    Hoppyfrog
    Ksea
    Oatw13
    Jlin52
    Hope you all enjoy your blocks!
    Old 09-02-2010, 08:40 AM

Moonrise, i got my grownup block from you today! OMG!!!!! It is awesome. i do not have a way to take a pic and post it, but if you have one, please post it! i love love love it! it is perfect!

i sent out a grownup to goldendog today!
    tracy
    Old 09-02-2010, 09:24 AM

Mail just came, he left me three squishies, a beautiful f8, green with white flowers(reminds me of the dogwood fabric that was so popular about 10 years ago, which I absolutely loved), it is beautiful. Then I received another gorgeous block from Fryguy(thank you fryguy I love it), and my first heart for the back of my quilt made it home, thank you Missgiggles. Oh, so mch fun, and excitement.

Fryguy's block to me #2
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]109398[/ATTACH]

Heart returned from Missgiggles
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]109399[/ATTACH]

All my blocks received playing so nicely together.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]109400[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-109393.jpe   attachment-109394.jpe   attachment-109395.jpe  
    Old 09-02-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by ksea
    Ok Odessa, I am not usually not the kind of Nana that tells the parents all the bad things that the kids do while they are in my care, BUT!!, that naughty block of yours is in time out for the 2nd time tonight. She has been stubburn, naughty, loud and opinionated since she got here. I was ok with the companion fabrics she choose but I told her that I wasn't a very experienced quilter and that I thought that the block she had decided to grow up into might be a bit above my comfort level (because of all the points coming together) and she threw a hissy fit and pouted for a while, so quess what, I gave in and let her have her way. You would have thought that this would have meant that she would cooperate and but NO Way, she gave me a hard time from the start. So into time out she went, after a little cool down time for me I got her out and back to work I went and low and behold she started giving me fits again. So right now she is back in time out and I am sitting down with a piece of pizza and a glass of wine. Maybe I will let her out tonight and maybe I will just make her stay there all night. I told her if she keeps this kind of behavior up when she gets home maybe you will put her in a corner of the quilt for good. I'm hoping this changes her attitude.
    :XD: :XD: :XD:
    It seems my fabrics are just like my children: THEY DON'T LISTEN EITHER!!!!!
    :XD: :XD: :XD:

Hopefully that piece will begin to behave for you and if not, no worries. I am going to love whatever I get, so just be brave, stretch your creative brain cells a little bit at a time, and forge ahead. I know you can do it!

Odessa

p.s. Sometimes, on a very difficult block (when I was first learning), I would (very slowly) sew one seam. Press it. Take a look. If it was successful, I might try another. Then another. When it seemed it was coming too close to my comfort level, I would quit for the night and come back another day, starting with just one seam. I found if I went slowly enough, soon all the seams were sewn and my block was together. So take your time. You have until December, after all!
    Old 09-02-2010, 11:38 AM

Nurse Bonnie, your fabric came in a bady bag. I think you need to cut the ziplock part off and then tape it. The fabric was unharmed :)

The blocks from kwiltKrazy arrived today!!!!! OMG are they gorgous. My star has skinny thighs [just like me :lol: :roll: :lol: ] I will post pictures in a bit, DH went to get batteries.

After staying up all night and sewing for 10 hours straight I completed ZERO blocks. But, have three really cool blocks almost done. If all goes well, Moonrise is going to have my favorite block I just love those butterflies and sparkles.
    Old 09-02-2010, 03:20 PM

Rec'd beautiful magnolias today from Nurse Bonnie. She has picked out two different fabric combos and now she can't make up her mind. I'll put her with the others and maybe they can help her decide. I have several others to make before it's her turn so there's no hurry.

I had to stop working on 3.0 to finish up my second set of black, white & bright blocks for another swap. They're finished now and ready to package for mailing so I can get back to work on all of these beautiful fabrics.

All of the blocks that have been shown are very nice. This is such a fun swap. Thanks for doing this again April.