Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >
  • Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

• Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 09-02-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by dawson.tracy35
    Moonrise, i got my grownup block from you today! OMG!!!!! It is awesome. i do not have a way to take a pic and post it, but if you have one, please post it! i love love love it! it is perfect!

i sent out a grownup to goldendog today!
    tracy
    Yay! I'm so glad you like it! :mrgreen: Here's a photo:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-109542.jpe  
    Old 09-02-2010, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    ... After staying up all night and sewing for 10 hours straight I completed ZERO blocks. But, have three really cool blocks almost done. If all goes well, Moonrise is going to have my favorite block I just love those butterflies and sparkles.
    Oh boy! I can't wait! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Old 09-02-2010, 04:06 PM

Fryguy I am glad you like the blocks, the dresden is one of my first applique, tries. I am kind of getting hooked on it, I also did it on Letsquilts, and am doing a block for Moonrise, that has applique on it. Think I might actually like it, but it gets my hands if I do it too long.
    Old 09-02-2010, 04:09 PM

Pretty block, great color match. Hole in th barn door is such a versatile block. I've used it as a frame for years.
    Old 09-02-2010, 06:25 PM

I received nursebonnie's magnolia F8 today, it is beautiful and jumped right in the basket and got to chatting with the others. They are all being really good, after watching Odessa's squishie go to time out twice yesterday, the rest of the squishies are being especially good. I sent out grown up blocks to barbsbus, goldendog55, leakus, quiltergirl80, wendsy, and norbanaquilts. Odessa I kept yours cause I think I am going to take one more swing at getting it perfect. like you said maybe after a day or so and just one step at a time it will come together just right. (one point is just a wee bit off). I am going to very carefully take it all apart and iron it and starch it and start over and just go one careful seam at a time. We will see how it goes. I have done so much more than I thought I was capable of just since I started this swap. I am proud of the progress that I have made since this swap started. I can't wait for boomerang 4.0 and 5.0 and 6.0 think how good I could possible be by then.
    Old 09-02-2010, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    Originally Posted by Jupiter
    I received my first two blocks, and they are WONDERFUL !!!!

I am posting a photo which has the block I made for myself, as well as the ones from Moonrise and Wendsy. Thank you both for making such nice blocks for my quilt.

hugs, Jupiter
    I love the circle!
    I am glad you did. I was a little hesitant to use the circle thingy on my machine, but its such fun to play with!

hugs, Jupiter
    Old 09-02-2010, 08:53 PM

Hi April,

I just read your link. Oh my goodness, but you have had a hard time, to say the least. Thanks for sharing it with me. I will keep you in my prayers.... you and your family.

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Originally Posted by Jupiter
    Hi April,

I hope you don't mind my asking this. I know that your are facing some surgery. I'll be praying for you. If you tell me what to pray for, it would be nice to know. Of crourse, God already knows and His hand will be on you if you ask Him.

hugs, Jupiter
    Hi Jupiter
    I do not mind you asking at all :-)
    Thank you so much for the prayers-they mean a lot and they do help. I currently have a shunt in my spine for intracranial hypertension. This is a buildup of cerebrospinal fluid on the brain. It squeezes on the veins and arteries and the optic nerves (which can cause blindness) and if it gets too bad it can "suffocate" the brain as well. The shunt has been clogging intermittently and I ended up in the ER in June. The decision has been made that the shunt in the spine has to come out and go in my brain to give better pressure relief.
    If you click on the link in my signature you can read more about the condition and what I have gone through. Any questions I am always happy to answer.
    Much Love & Huge Hugs
    April
    Old 09-02-2010, 09:10 PM

Got two blocks made tonight. Going to bed now. Nite, nite.
    Old 09-02-2010, 09:41 PM

I have 3 blocks hanging on my wall, just allowing me to enjoy them before they go off on their way home. When I have 3 more done, I'll pry my sticky little fingers off of them all and take them to the post office.

My way to mail them back, just incase you were thinking the same thing. I starch the finished block so it is firm and very flat. I fold it to about 9" X 4" and wrap it in plastic wrap, burping out as much air as possible. This makes it really flat. I put it in a regular envelope, and all 6 that I took last time were just about the same weight, they were thin enough to go as a letter, and postage was 61 cents on each of them.

Today I made a block for fryguymoore. I love your orangy-yellow batik. It just happens that I am working on a quilt top that depicts peaches on it. I am loaded with orangy-peachy-yellowish fabrics. Had a blast playing with them all together.

Yesterday was Leakus's turn. Purple paisley... mmm definitely a throw back to the 60's!

Who knows about tomorrow.... but I'll bet I do another one.

hugs, Jupiter
    Old 09-02-2010, 09:58 PM

I've had these blocks and f8's for a couple of days...
    f8's from: quiltlin,knlsmith,dawson.tracy35, & Odessa

I think I have the blocks paired up with the correct maker, as my daughter helped open the mail and I didn't catch her in time to not mix up the envelopes. Thank you for everyone helping make my quilt!

block from Cat18 - I love the pinwheel! What's the name of the block?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]109633[/ATTACH]

2 fun blocks from missgigglewings
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]109634[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-109628.jpe   attachment-109629.jpe