Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 4.0 Now Closed for Sign-Ups-New Group Threads Created Pls See Page 28 >
  • Boomerang 4.0 Now Closed for Sign-Ups-New Group Threads Created Pls See Page 28

• Boomerang 4.0 Now Closed for Sign-Ups-New Group Threads Created Pls See Page 28

Old 01-04-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaDrum
    Okay, April, I don't know if I'm the one you are waiting on for a confirmation, but I'm definitely IN! Got some new fabric last night. And I want everyone to know I definitely got out of my comfort zone on it. I'm pretty traditional(hey, my grandma taught me to quilt, what can I say), but this time I got a black with some brights! Hot pink, yellow, turquoise, lime...why, I never in my life...
    What have you guys done to me?
    OOOOhhhh...post a pic, it sounds GORGEOUS...I hope I get to play with yours :)
    Old 01-04-2011, 03:03 PM

See I move away from the keyboard and you all get your envelopes ready...Oh I can't take the pressure LOLOL j/k

Jennifer
    It is your choice as to how many different fabrics you send-completely your choice so you can have two quilts, one quilt four quilts or whatever :-)
    We try to use the 18x11 because it does tend to allow for a better cut in some block patterns. If you have ones that are already cut at 9 x 22 you can send them-ultimately they are the same size :-)

Donna your fabric sounds beautiful!! I love black and brights!! I am not sure yet what I am going to do now....oh boy the tragedy lol

I am off now to work on the two spreadsheets for the two groups...so with any luck you will have your addresses tonight my boomerang babes :-)

Hugs
    April
    Old 01-04-2011, 04:13 PM

she told me it is 18 x 11 and I folded mine in 1/3 longwise then in half, wrapped tight in saran wrap and it fit in a regular envelope and will go for 1st class postage. 44cents whatever it is now because it is under 1 oz and less than 1/4" thick. i washed and ironed then cut mine no starch but I dont know if that is right

Originally Posted by Qbee
    Ok...I bought the fabric so I have just a couple of questions. After I wash it, Do I iron and starch it, just iron it, do nothing???
    Also, what kind of envelope are ya'll using? Like a regular white legal envelope or a bigger manilla type?
    Lastly, did ya'll cut your fat eigth as 9 x 22 or 18 x 11?
    I'm way to excited!!
    Old 01-04-2011, 04:14 PM

YAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO who has the bestest hostess.......we do

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    See I move away from the keyboard and you all get your envelopes ready...Oh I can't take the pressure LOLOL j/k

Jennifer
    It is your choice as to how many different fabrics you send-completely your choice so you can have two quilts, one quilt four quilts or whatever :-)
    We try to use the 18x11 because it does tend to allow for a better cut in some block patterns. If you have ones that are already cut at 9 x 22 you can send them-ultimately they are the same size :-)

Donna your fabric sounds beautiful!! I love black and brights!! I am not sure yet what I am going to do now....oh boy the tragedy lol

I am off now to work on the two spreadsheets for the two groups...so with any luck you will have your addresses tonight my boomerang babes :-)

Hugs
    April
    Old 01-04-2011, 04:20 PM

If you are in my group, you sure may. I will make a note and tape it to the envelope w/your board name on it .....what are you going to add to it and send back to me? What creative block should I look forward to?

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    Can I get that brown one with the star????

Originally Posted by pattis47
    Well, I am so ready for this challenge. I just finished cutting my fabrics. THey are in the envelopes just waiting for addresses so they can be mailed. All ready to start receiving fabric to make blocks to return. Let the fun begin....only 4 more days until the closing bell!
    Old 01-04-2011, 04:21 PM

fryguymoore want to be in my group so he can have a particular fabric.....is that possible?????

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella

Jennifer

Hugs
    April
    Old 01-04-2011, 04:22 PM

envelope tagged w/you name......and I told our hostess you want in my group.....I did my part....now it is up to her...good luck

Well, I am so ready for this challenge. I just finished cutting my fabrics. THey are in the envelopes just waiting for addresses so they can be mailed. All ready to start receiving fabric to make blocks to return. Let the fun begin....only 4 more days until the closing bell!
    Old 01-04-2011, 04:29 PM

envelope tagged w/you name......and I told our hostess you want in my group.....I did my part....now it is up to her...good luck

No problem already in the same group :-) I have both lists a third of the way done :-)....
    So who's really really excited??
    Hugs
    April
    Old 01-04-2011, 04:29 PM

And who doesn't love Mickey Mouse?!?!?!?
    Old 01-04-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
    I am still in and I am looking forward to this swap. I hope everyone's not too tired of Christmas, because I want a Christmas quilt and will be sending Christmas fabrics. Can't wait to get started.
    Love Christmas fabric and quilts....can't wait to see which Christmas fabric you're sending.