Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 4.0 Now Closed for Sign-Ups-New Group Threads Created Pls See Page 28 >
  • Boomerang 4.0 Now Closed for Sign-Ups-New Group Threads Created Pls See Page 28

• Boomerang 4.0 Now Closed for Sign-Ups-New Group Threads Created Pls See Page 28

Old 01-06-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by janecat
    I have a question for both besties and buddies.

For those who make labels on their computers and use the special computer fabric that works with inkjet printers---what brand do you use?

Some of the brands that I have looked at indicate that once the special fabric has been through the printer, it is dry clean only.

I want to be able to machine wash my quilt.

Any suggestions?
    I really like the EQ printables. Just finished a memory quilt made with pictures and they turned out great. Of course, it's not something that will be washed a lot, but I wouldn't be afraid to wash it once in awhile.
    Old 01-06-2011, 02:45 PM

I guess I need stronger glasses,because I thought it said beasties the first few times I read it too,but hey I am what I am,and I think I act like a beast about quilting LOL
    Old 01-06-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
    Originally Posted by PokerDiva
    The first 24 on the Beastie list have been sent their squishies. The rest will go out tomorrow. I will give you the heads up when they are gone. Am looking forward to getting mine and enjoying all the different fabric.

Here is to all my fellow Beasties!!!!
    Are we Beasties now??? I like that typo, I may start doing that too :)
    OK... Laugh all you want. Sorry, that is how I read it. Went back and looked again. I guess I need new glasses. LOL
    Old 01-06-2011, 03:40 PM

Does anyone have any objections if I send out a few 9x22s? I am trying to use my fabric-I have found a few bad areas (must have been a reminant) so I would like to avoid using those areas-one is a 1 1/2" cut into the fabric and the other is a tear/pull on the threads. I have limited fabric of the pansies. The other piece was already cut 10x30, so I'd like to at least get 1 F8 out of that piece. So if anybody needs the 11X18 size to cut out a certain pattern piece let me know. I hope only to use a few 9X22s and mainly 11X18. Thanks for letting me know. :?
    Old 01-06-2011, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by wendsy
    Does anyone have any objections if I send out a few 9x22s? I am trying to use my fabric-I have found a few bad areas (must have been a reminant) so I would like to avoid using those areas-one is a 1 1/2" cut into the fabric and the other is a tear/pull on the threads. I have limited fabric of the pansies. The other piece was already cut 10x30, so I'd like to at least get 1 F8 out of that piece. So if anybody needs the 11X18 size to cut out a certain pattern piece let me know. I hope only to use a few 9X22s and mainly 11X18. Thanks for letting me know. :?
    That's fine with me!!!! April is here with me sewing and she accidentally cut some of hers 9 x 22 instead of 18 x 11. She said to tell you do not fret send the 9 x 22's (as ultimately they are the same size just a different cut)
    Kimberly
    Old 01-06-2011, 04:04 PM

I am hoping to "creatively" cut as many F8 as possible out of the fabric. This wouldn't be as much of a issue if
    I hadn't bought this material 5 or more years ago :-D I could just run out and buy more to cover the difference. As it is I've got 3 similiar pansy fabrics and a just plain different pansy fabric so I'm hoping that I can get all pieces for the cut.
    Old 01-06-2011, 04:11 PM

If I am on your list I dont mind. I don't have any particular blocks picked out yet anyway :)
    Old 01-06-2011, 04:14 PM

Exactly....I mean I won't know what I want to do with the fabric until I see it anyway.

Originally Posted by jtapp9
    If I am on your list I dont mind. I don't have any particular blocks picked out yet anyway :)
    Old 01-06-2011, 04:24 PM

I use Printed Treasures for the sew on printable fabric.. I tried several and the Tailor computer printer fabric sheets will wash right out, even a drop of water will make it bleed. I have made several tee shirt quilts also memory quilts for family. The Printed Treasures is machine washable is cool water.
    Old 01-06-2011, 04:35 PM

The rest of my fabric arrived today! Woo hoo! It's in the washing machine as we speak, along with my fabric for the Funky Chicken block swap. :thumbup:

The remaining 9 F8's will go out in the morning. All the others went out this morning. :)

Now I gotta scramble (pun intended! he he) to finish up my Funky Chicken and egg blocks before the Boomerang F8's start coming in! :shock: :lol: