Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group >
  • Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group

• Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group

Old 06-01-2011, 04:45 PM

Here's my pretty block from Janecat. Thank you!!

Boom 5 Block from Janecat.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]205330[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-205324.jpe  
    Old 06-01-2011, 06:12 PM

Three beautiful blocks arrived today...
    JaneCat
    PokerDiva
    Heyjami

Still don't have the posting picture method down pat...when I do will post all blocks...
    Old 06-01-2011, 06:21 PM

Finally got Pattis47 F8! I guess no chance of that being "first in first out" huh, Patti?
    Old 06-01-2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
    Personally, I have always done 1st in 1st out. If they were good enough to mail early, I think they deserve to get their block back quickly. When I get the F8, I mark the date on the outside of the envelope and work according to the date. Those who mail last get their grown up block last. I dont think there is a right or wrong way and it is not listed in the guidelines, so however you decide to do it is the "right way" in my humble opinion. I think we will all be happy to receive the blocks no matter what order they come in. Happy sewing, Patti

Originally Posted by AngieS
    Ok, I have to ask a ?. I'm just curious/nosey. When you all are doing your grown up blocks are you doing like first come first serve? Or are you just picking the ones that you know you already have the fabric for and are ready to work on.

What I'm kind of doing, I hope this is ok is trying to get the ones that I know I have the fabric all set for. This way it will go quicker. I do have a couple that I have no idea what fabric I am going to put with it because I just don't have any of that. When I had gotten several of the F8's I went right to the shop and found what would be needed so I have it all ready to go now. The others I will have to shop for so they are going to have to wait till I can get back to the shop.

Like I said, I hope that's ok. I was just wondering how everyone else was doing theirs.

Toodles.
    Haven't gotten these F8's yet: I know that I had a few that went out this week myself because of a mistake so.....I'm sure I'll get these soon.

Brenda5
    Fromzstore
    Lillie
    Materialgirl
    pattis47
    Qbee

Patti, I only ask because with just daily life it's hard for me to get to the LQS. She closes at 5 and I can't get there by the time I get off from work and pick up our little girl. I only get 30 minutes for lunch so I can't do that either. It's on the opposite side of town. I'd never make it. The shop is only open Tues-Sat. from 9-5 So, Saturdays are my only day. This past weekend I was out of town at a Ladies Jubilee with my Mother-In-Law.

I just was curious since I think the time frame was to have them done and back home by Sept 4..... So, it may take me a little while to get the blocks done but I am working on them. :) I hope I do get them all done in June, but if I don't then I'm still in the time period that was specified. I don't have a large stash to pull from. I don't want to make it scrappy if the person has specified that they would like it to be a specific color is I guess what I was meaning. If I don't have it then that block has to wait.
    Old 06-01-2011, 08:28 PM

Angie sent my f8 out over a month ago let me know if you still don't have and will send again

Fromzstore
    Old 06-01-2011, 08:44 PM

Amen on the LQS hours! I sometimes get over there right in the last 5 minutes and I feel like I'm begging a favor to buy something!

I just placed a big old fat order on fabric.com and connecting threads.com. Connecting threads has a really nice kit on sale with tons of FQ's (14.75 yds! Pie in the Sky) for $50! Free shipping. I can't wait to see it! Sometimes I get stuff (Moda, Kaufmann) on ebay. So I hear ya.

I have a few I haven't figured out what color to put with it yet. I enjoy seeing the posts so I can get an idea what to do with some of them. Next time I'm sending bright, fun fabric - those are easy to work with!

Have fun! I hope you don't stress. Get to mine when you can and I'll start to worry in September. :-) This is really fun and the creative juices sometimes take time to get going so go with it!

HeyJami

quote=AngieS]
    Haven't gotten these F8's yet: I know that I had a few that went out this week myself because of a mistake so.....I'm sure I'll get these soon.

Brenda5
    Fromzstore
    Lillie
    Materialgirl
    pattis47
    Qbee

Patti, I only ask because with just daily life it's hard for me to get to the LQS. She closes at 5 and I can't get there by the time I get off from work and pick up our little girl. I only get 30 minutes for lunch so I can't do that either. It's on the opposite side of town. I'd never make it. The shop is only open Tues-Sat. from 9-5 So, Saturdays are my only day. This past weekend I was out of town at a Ladies Jubilee with my Mother-In-Law.

I just was curious since I think the time frame was to have them done and back home by Sept 4..... So, it may take me a little while to get the blocks done but I am working on them. :) I hope I do get them all done in June, but if I don't then I'm still in the time period that was specified. I don't have a large stash to pull from. I don't want to make it scrappy if the person has specified that they would like it to be a specific color is I guess what I was meaning. If I don't have it then that block has to wait.[/quote]
    Old 06-02-2011, 01:56 AM

That's why MFQS (My Favorite Quilt Shop in Elkton, Maryland) is open until 6:00 every night! It took a little while for the local quilters to realize it since most shops are only open until 5:00 but now we're pretty busy that last hour!
    Old 06-02-2011, 02:08 AM

Recieved F8:
    brenda5 (2 of 2)
    Completed blocks going home today:
    Karenpatrick
    PokerDiva (2 of 2)
    Roseysue
    Recieved Grown-up from PokerDiva (2 of 2)
    Thank you!!!
    Old 06-02-2011, 04:37 AM

My one sorta close LQS is only open till 2 and I work later. Thru have no weekend hours and are open two nights a month till 4 pm. I just can't get there. When I went in over the summer with my then one and a half year old daughter I was told that if she made noise it would disrupt the atmosphere and I'd be asked to leave. She started to cry and asked me why they didn't like her. I've not been back since.
    Old 06-02-2011, 04:39 AM

And I do the blocks in the order I grab them. I've had to order some fabric because I don't have anything to match. I'm waiting for school to get out to do a trip to Lancaster and get some more. Paintmejudy - your fabric has me totally stumped!!