Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group >
  • Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

• Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

Old 06-28-2011, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by cherrio
    love your lantern! I may attempt that one. and seeing as I have 20 more blocks to send home to their mamas' I have plenty of opportunity. off to the cutting board to get working on my south blocks.
    If you still have my F8 you can practice that lantern block on it! I would love to have one in my quilt!

This one is beautiful..Good job Craft Phantic!
    Old 06-28-2011, 08:48 AM

I'd like to share pics of the beautiful blocks I have received lately. The more of these I receive, the more excited I get about the final quilt! I have three ready to mail tomorrow.

From Jennifer22206!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]218067[/ATTACH]

From Suestraley!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]218068[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-218061.jpe   attachment-218062.jpe  
    Old 06-28-2011, 09:05 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
    love your lantern! I may attempt that one. and seeing as I have 20 more blocks to send home to their mamas' I have plenty of opportunity. off to the cutting board to get working on my south blocks.
    If you still have my F8 you can practice that lantern block on it! I would love to have one in my quilt!

oky dokey! trying it this afternoon. thanks for being my guenia pig so to speak
    Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 AM

Aunt Sue, Keesha-ont and goldendog, be watching the mail for your blocks. I wil send them tomorrow.
    Old 06-28-2011, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Carol Hupp
    The Robbing Peter to Pay Paul block gets its name from the original tqo-color format where each square seems to "borrow" half of the adjacent square. When the blocks are set together, the pattern formed by the four adjacent corners recreates the original central block in reverse coloring. Most quilters are more familiar with the curving Drunkard's Path or orange peel pattern called Robbing Peter to Pay Paul.The earliest publication for the original pattern was 1898 (Ladies Art Company #154) and an alternate name for the block is called Arizona.
    Thanks. The other one is the one I used to seeing and now I understand. Going to hunt it up to help a friend with. She sewed earlier in her life and is quite precise but quilting is newer. She was intrigued by this and should do fine with it. I am busy here in Southern California infecting unsuspecting friends and aquintances with the quilting bug! she is in my Underground Railroad Class and helps teach others when I am busy.
    Old 06-28-2011, 01:20 PM

I call that Robbing Peter to Pay Paul too, although other blocks are called that too. I think it is an old fashioned name for that block. Orange peel is another name for it.
    Nell
    Originally Posted by Katy
    Originally Posted by Carol Hupp
    The Robbing Peter to Pay Paul block gets its name from the original tqo-color format where each square seems to "borrow" half of the adjacent square. When the blocks are set together, the pattern formed by the four adjacent corners recreates the original central block in reverse coloring. Most quilters are more familiar with the curving Drunkard's Path or orange peel pattern called Robbing Peter to Pay Paul.The earliest publication for the original pattern was 1898 (Ladies Art Company #154) and an alternate name for the block is called Arizona.
    Thanks. The other one is the one I used to seeing and now I understand. Going to hunt it up to help a friend with. She sewed earlier in her life and is quite precise but quilting is newer. She was intrigued by this and should do fine with it. I am busy here in Southern California infecting unsuspecting friends and aquintances with the quilting bug! she is in my Underground Railroad Class and helps teach others when I am busy.
    Old 06-28-2011, 04:44 PM

Thank you missgigglewings for a beautiful block, it arrived yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-218268.jpe  
    Old 06-28-2011, 05:39 PM

I am missing a F8 from
    gal288
    Old 06-28-2011, 07:08 PM

Bookworm, lovingizabella, and Bolin0909 Mommy blocks are going to the Post Office tomorrow.Katy I can send you directions for the robbing Peter to Pay Paul if you pm me your address. Everyone have a good night.
    Old 06-28-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings

Thank you giggle! I really like this block too. As a matter of fact, because this block turned out so well, I am going to use it to make a wall hanging for my daughter and her housemates to separate their mail at college. I thought I could make a wall hanging with a lantern pocket for each of them so no letter from home gets misplaced.