Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group >
  • Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

• Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

Old 05-12-2011, 03:47 PM

A quick thanks to April for hosting this swap - its going to be a lot of fun - can't wait to get all my squares back and into a quilt! Great job April!!!
    Old 05-12-2011, 04:29 PM

I hit the mother lode today! 8 squishies total (North and South)! :mrgreen:

F8's received from:

quiltingnonie
    cherrio
    jlin52
    sherrykae

Gorgeous completed blocks from JaneCat (first pic) and VaNella (second pic). Great job, ladies! :thumbup: (Sorry about the shadows in the photo. The lighting in this room is terrible.)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-196356.jpe   attachment-196357.jpe  
    Old 05-12-2011, 04:38 PM

Moonrise and hobbykay1955 your squishies have made it to Australian soil, thanks. Can't wait to get started.
    Old 05-12-2011, 06:08 PM

Good haul today!
    I received fabric from Aunt Sue, bolin0909, quiltingnonie, sheerykae, and VaNella!

I hope to have a few blocks heading home this weekend! :)
    Old 05-12-2011, 11:23 PM

Okay I had a busy day today but here are the F8 that awaited me in my mailbox when I got home:
    BOLIN0909
    suestraley
    hobbykat1955 (I am betting we were born in the same year.July 7 here. How about you?)
    quiltingnonie
    VaNella
    Sherrykay
    quiltedhorse
    lmattick
    I have my work cut out for me...well actually I have a lot of cutting out to do apparently.
    I sent out the first half of the F8 today. I heard some talk here about did it cost more than regular postage or not so I talked to my postal guy while I was there. Weight is not an issue with this small an amount of fabric. What seems to be the deciding factor with this is thickness. So if you use a letter sized envelope and fold it so it fills the envelope and has even a full sheet of paper and plastic it is probably okay. For this reason the saran wrap may be better than a baggie. I used sandwich baggies of the old fashioned fold down kind and it meant folding the fabric more times and it pufferd up with air making the thickness greater. I hope that makes some kind of sense. He pulled out a mock letter slot thing and tested about 5 of mine and said it would be right on the edge so I added the extra postage but I did learn something and I hope this helps you. I have an all day sewing group with about 10 to 15 ladies I am teaching to quilt on Saturday followed by my godson's dedication of his first baby but I will be working on blocks come Sunday afternoon. Hoping to mail out my remaining F8 and to send some back again soon. This is fun and I have hardly even started.
    Old 05-13-2011, 12:34 AM

Whew! I've been sewing since 7pm last night. Grown-up blocks are headed back out to their Mommies this morning:

sherrykae - I like how yours turned out even though stripes are a bit out of my "comfort zone". LOL! Hope you like the block too! :)

quiltingnonie - I couldn't decide what to do with your fabric at first, but I'm pretty happy with the results. I incorporated the little sample piece into the block, too. Hope it's okay. :)

jlin52 - I added one of my favorite colors to your soft purple fabric. In fact, my sewing room is painted with those colors. Hope you like the combination! :mrgreen:

cherrio - Love your color scheme! Hope you like the block. :)
    Old 05-13-2011, 12:45 AM

Received F8s from the following today:
    VaNella
    hobbykat1955
    cherrio
    sherrykae
    Quilted Horse
    bolin0909

Sending Finished Blocks home to the following:
    moonrise
    paintmejudy
    shaysmema
    I hope you all like them!!
    Old 05-13-2011, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Katy
    Okay I had a busy day today but here are the F8 that awaited me in my mailbox when I got home:
    BOLIN0909
    suestraley
    hobbykat1955 (I am betting we were born in the same year.July 7 here. How about you?)
    quiltingnonie
    VaNella
    Sherrykay
    quiltedhorse
    lmattick
    I have my work cut out for me...well actually I have a lot of cutting out to do apparently.
    I sent out the first half of the F8 today. I heard some talk here about did it cost more than regular postage or not so I talked to my postal guy while I was there. Weight is not an issue with this small an amount of fabric. What seems to be the deciding factor with this is thickness. So if you use a letter sized envelope and fold it so it fills the envelope and has even a full sheet of paper and plastic it is probably okay. For this reason the saran wrap may be better than a baggie. I used sandwich baggies of the old fashioned fold down kind and it meant folding the fabric more times and it pufferd up with air making the thickness greater. I hope that makes some kind of sense. He pulled out a mock letter slot thing and tested about 5 of mine and said it would be right on the edge so I added the extra postage but I did learn something and I hope this helps you. I have an all day sewing group with about 10 to 15 ladies I am teaching to quilt on Saturday followed by my godson's dedication of his first baby but I will be working on blocks come Sunday afternoon. Hoping to mail out my remaining F8 and to send some back again soon. This is fun and I have hardly even started.
    Sept 22, 55
    Old 05-13-2011, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by troy26
    Moonrise and hobbykay1955 your squishies have made it to Australian soil, thanks. Can't wait to get started.
    Wow, my first anything on foreign soil...exciting....
    Old 05-13-2011, 03:11 AM

PaintMeJudy your F8 arrived today.