Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011 >
  • Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

• Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Old 09-24-2011, 05:21 AM

When you get your blocks just let the person that sent it know you can't post pictures and they can post it for you. That is done quite often.

Originally Posted by sewhappy30
    Love all the fabric it is very pretty. I wish I could post pictures, but I have dial-up internet and it takes approx. 25 minutes to send 1 picture, and that's if it doesn't crash and I have to start all over again. Does anybody have any ideas of anything that would make it faster to send?
    Old 09-24-2011, 08:22 AM

Two options: load it over dial up but make sure the picture size is very small (125 mb or less, use MS Picture editor to compress the pics you have for websites).

Or, post it to a shared site that allows you to email the pics to them and just post the link here. I can make a public folder on flikr and share the link. I can email my photos there too. I think there is also photo bucket and others that support that. upload via email is just easier for you.

Love all the fabric it is very pretty. I wish I could post pictures, but I have dial-up internet and it takes approx. 25 minutes to send 1 picture, and that's if it doesn't crash and I have to start all over again. Does anybody have any ideas of anything that would make it faster to send?
    Old 09-24-2011, 08:51 AM

The main thing I don't like about using blends is that they will shrink and distort if you are pressing with a hot iron. I had one fabric I got from boom 5 that gave me fits, it shrank when I did a final press on the completed block and had to take the thing apart, recut the piece and then VERY CAREFULLY iron it when it was redone. Was lucky I had enough of the gal's fabric.
    Originally Posted by marytoddliz
    I realized I have enough of the 100% cotton to send out, I will use the blends for borders. I also discovered why they are a pain... When I washed all my fabric the blends really clung to the strings in the washer! I usually don't pre wash, that must be why LOL
    Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
    marytoddliz - I don't mind using a blend, I use them in my own personal quilts, but I won't use them for other peoples.

Maybe if you have a backup plan, and when you get your group assignment PM everyone and ask what they'd think. I would write it down that they're a blend though
    Old 09-24-2011, 08:53 AM

April, since boom 6 opened on 9/6, are you still on schedule to close on the 27th, with list to be coming shortly thereafter? :thumbup: All of us with OCD are chomping at the bit! :mrgreen:
    Old 09-24-2011, 09:30 AM

JUDY! Your avatar is GORGEOUS! Was that made from the swap I saw with fall color dresdens?! Wow!

Originally Posted by paintmejudy
    April, since boom 6 opened on 9/6, are you still on schedule to close on the 27th, with list to be coming shortly thereafter? :thumbup: All of us with OCD are chomping at the bit! :mrgreen:
    Old 09-24-2011, 11:07 AM

Yes, it was - good eye, Jami! I love it, so nice and fall looking - even though we are still in the triple digits!!!!

And had forgotten I had a scrappy tumble block fall table runner, so put that on the table with a cornucopia instead of the pumpkin. I never decorated for fall before I started quilting 2 years ago! Maybe a little Halloween stuff, but that's all.

Originally Posted by heyjami
    JUDY! Your avatar is GORGEOUS! Was that made from the swap I saw with fall color dresdens?! Wow!
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:21 PM

I would try to compress my photos to use on webpages. (That is an option in Microsoft picture editor.) that makes them quicker to upload.
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:28 PM

I have a question about cameras and colors. My Camera does not always show the colors true. Is there a special setting that we need to use to get it to show up with a more accurate color. I know lighting has a lot to do with it so I try to use a really bright light. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Maybe I should not ask this question here but in the general area!
    Old 09-24-2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz
    I have a question about cameras and colors. My Camera does not always show the colors true. Is there a special setting that we need to use to get it to show up with a more accurate color. I know lighting has a lot to do with it so I try to use a really bright light. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Maybe I should not ask this question here but in the general area!
    You have to remember too that my computer monitor and your computer monitor may also show the colors differently. I do not know if there is a setting on most carmeras for color other than going to gray scale or that other brown tint. I have more problems with color when I try to use a flash on fabric. Good light is my best suggestion.
    Old 09-24-2011, 04:51 PM

Good light is the one important thing and I find that natural light outside without flash gives the most true colors. Also choose a place where the sun is not creating shadows.