Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011 >
  • Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

• Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Old 09-08-2011, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
    You can send any way you want. All the same or all different. It will be your quilt.

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
    My question is the F8's that we send do they have to be the same fabric, or can we mix match?
    I have no ideal how to do this...like maybe I want my quilt to be all different color blocks? No theme...
    Thank you maam!
    Old 09-08-2011, 07:38 PM

You can do whatever you'd like! Your quilt your rules! My first boom I sent 3 different fabrics because that's what I had a large enough yardage. Boom 5, I was in two groups and sent one fabric to all 35 (and I kept a f8 for me) of the same fabric. With those ill have a king size quilt. The second group I sent two matching fabrics, half of the group got one, the other half the second. They'll all go into one other king size when I'm done.

I do have the idea in my head to cut some of the fat quarters I've been hoarding for so long and sending them out in one of the future booms. I do however know which fabrics I'm sending out for this coming boom. :) just haven't decided if I'll be doing one or two groups!
    Old 09-08-2011, 08:00 PM

I am so excited and ready to start! I have been looking at blocks I am wanting to try! What a great way to get to experiment!

I have a question for some of the ladies who say they have not received all their blocks back. Are they late and is it common to get them back late in this kind of group?
    Old 09-09-2011, 01:00 PM

I guess I am going to try this out. Sounds interesting.
    Old 09-09-2011, 03:27 PM

Since this is my first time I signed up for the small group, to see how it goes. I don't want to cut off more than I can sew. LOL!!
    Old 09-10-2011, 01:03 AM

I'm new here but I love swaping blocks with friends. I'd like to join in but I'm nervous at making alot of blocks. Have those of you who've done this before had much trouble with the timeline or was it easier than I'm thinking?
    Old 09-10-2011, 05:58 AM

It is easier than you think. I feel the key is to start doing the blocks when you start to receive the f8s. I saved mine up and got them done in a couple of weeks. Put pressure on myself. As was said above, if you do a couple a week, you have them done in the four months time without a problem. I do think if you do the couple a week, you do not notice the postage cost because it is spread out as well. It is your pocket change. I enjoyed doing the Boom 5 which was my first one of these swaps and I have enough blocks to do two quilts. That is what makes me happy because I may not have done some of the style of blocks I received which is nice and I was able to work on other quilts that needed done at same time. I did not get tired of doing the blocks either because the fabric was all different. I think this time i will send out all different fabrics so I can make a nice scrap quilt because I do have in my own stash f8s that just need to be used. In addition, I enjoyed using up my scraps that I have sitting there because was able to add to others fabric. This is fun and enjoyable to do. Remember, you have four months to get them done. That is plenty of time even when you have life. I had a graduation, college bound student, vacation, and foot surgery all in this time and was able to get them done.
    Old 09-10-2011, 08:44 AM

Have to think about this a bit, I might sit this one out and join the next one...
    Old 09-10-2011, 09:51 AM
    Power Poster

What about the blocks- when we get the fabric does the sender tell us what block they want- or do we as the maker get to pick the block ?
    Old 09-10-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b
    What about the blocks- when we get the fabric does the sender tell us what block they want- or do we as the maker get to pick the block ?
    It's up to the maker to pick the block.

The sender can specify some colors or something like "no batik", but they can't specify the pattern. We get sampler quilts. :)

It's SUPER fun.