Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-) >
  • Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-)

• Boomerang Buddies Group Buddies Post here :-)

Old 01-16-2011, 10:01 AM

Sorry everyone! - I have not exactly been MIA - just incredibly busy w/small children. I have been sewing a little - (when they go home!) LOL! There's just NO sewing w/2 infants, a toddler, 2 preschoolers that's for sure!
    (& on the snow day we had, one kindergardner)

I have recv'd squishies from:
    AnnT, moonrise, raya69, bibliostone, Missmare, chigger holler quilter, cyndiH, Gigi07, KatieAnn, janecat, Kristen0112, goldendog55, lillie, Roseysue, Suzi's, Sewwhat85, Shaysmema, Tink74
    Such beautiful fabrics!! I've loved finding fabrics to go with them & choosing patterns for the blocks:) - so much fun!

Those that are all grown up & ready to fly home-----

AnnT
    moonrise
    bibliostone
    KatieAnn
    MarieM
    Suzi's
    Tink74
    Shaysmema

It may be the end of the week before I get my F8ths out as well as the 'big girls'. My F8ths have been in their envies for over a week! - but I just can't take that many little ones to the PO! In my younger days, maybe, but I'm feeling too old to tackle all the car seats, infant carriers & a big bag of squishies! (With the holiday, I don't have all of them tomorrow but the PO is closed! Go figure! But be patient - they WILL get mailed - I promise!!
    Last swap I didn't have as many little ones, & got things out early. This swap will be a little slower going for me, but I should have a day w/no children at least once a week - YEA!!
    Old 01-16-2011, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by montanablu
    Sorry everyone! - I have not exactly been MIA - just incredibly busy w/small children. I have been sewing a little - (when they go home!) LOL! There's just NO sewing w/2 infants, a toddler, 2 preschoolers that's for sure!
    (& on the snow day we had, one kindergardner)

I have recv'd squishies from:
    AnnT, moonrise, raya69, bibliostone, Missmare, chigger holler quilter, cyndiH, Gigi07, KatieAnn, janecat, Kristen0112, goldendog55, lillie, Roseysue, Suzi's, Sewwhat85, Shaysmema, Tink74
    Such beautiful fabrics!! I've loved finding fabrics to go with them & choosing patterns for the blocks:) - so much fun!

Those that are all grown up & ready to fly home-----

AnnT
    moonrise
    bibliostone
    KatieAnn
    MarieM
    Suzi's
    Tink74
    Shaysmema

It may be the end of the week before I get my F8ths out as well as the 'big girls'. My F8ths have been in their envies for over a week! - but I just can't take that many little ones to the PO! In my younger days, maybe, but I'm feeling too old to tackle all the car seats, infant carriers & a big bag of squishies! (With the holiday, I don't have all of them tomorrow but the PO is closed! Go figure! But be patient - they WILL get mailed - I promise!!
    Last swap I didn't have as many little ones, & got things out early. This swap will be a little slower going for me, but I should have a day w/no children at least once a week - YEA!!
    I used to do daycare until last month when I started working full time I can feel your pain...Car seats ugh!
    Old 01-16-2011, 11:09 AM

I received squishes (yesterday) from:
    Jtapp9
    RoseySue - pretty flowers
    Ok Darla - I have a question you stated white or white on white only do you only want white fabric added to your block - no other colors added correct?
    Old 01-16-2011, 01:22 PM

squishies I have recieved since Thursday:

1/13
    Tink74
    CyndiH
    Katie Ann
    SUZIS

1/14
    kristen0112
    missmare
    raya69
    brenda5

1/15
    Gigi07
    jtapp9
    NurseBonnie
    Old 01-16-2011, 01:29 PM

Yea...I am on the list from montanablu that I have a grown up square :-)
    Old 01-16-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by kristen0112
    I received squishes (yesterday) from:
    Jtapp9
    RoseySue - pretty flowers
    Ok Darla - I have a question you stated white or white on white only do you only want white fabric added to your block - no other colors added correct?
    I had the same question for OK Darla. You ONLY want white and NO other color....is that correct??
    Old 01-16-2011, 04:55 PM

[Kristen wrote: 'I used to do daycare until last month when I started working full time I can feel your pain...Car seats ugh!']

Yea, why did they have to make those seats so heavy?!! When the infants are a little bigger, but still need to be in them when you take them inside a store, PO, etc - you have to be a body builder to lift both seat & baby! No wonder I've lost weight (Which ain't ALL bad :-) :thumbup: :!: ) Hauling baby & car seats is a work out in itself :!: :!:
    Old 01-16-2011, 05:22 PM

I've been a bit under the weather this weekend so I didnt get much done. I got f8's from the following ppl:
    Nurse Bonnie
    Gigi07
    Lillie
    OK Darla
    Ksea
    Roseysue
    Kristen0112

Moonrise, I hope you liked your block. Wow, in a picture I can now see the couple of crooked squares :(...sorry about that. Its hard not to get a little off with geometrics. When I saw that fabric I immediately wanted to run out and buy playing cards fabric! lol. But I stayed within my stash.
    Old 01-16-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by jtapp9
    Moonrise, I hope you liked your block. Wow, in a picture I can now see the couple of crooked squares :(...sorry about that. Its hard not to get a little off with geometrics. When I saw that fabric I immediately wanted to run out and buy playing cards fabric! lol. But I stayed within my stash.
    I love it! It's perfect! You did an awesome job with it. :thumbup:
    Old 01-16-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by montanablu
    [Kristen wrote: 'I used to do daycare until last month when I started working full time I can feel your pain...Car seats ugh!']

Yea, why did they have to make those seats so heavy?!! When the infants are a little bigger, but still need to be in them when you take them inside a store, PO, etc - you have to be a body builder to lift both seat & baby! No wonder I've lost weight (Which ain't ALL bad :-) :thumbup: :!: ) Hauling baby & car seats is a work out in itself :!: :!:
    Yes and in Oregon we get lots of rain...it makes you think twice before running an errand