Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0  Sign-Ups  NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-) >
  • Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0 Sign-Ups NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-)

• Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0 Sign-Ups NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-)

Old 04-27-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by craft phanatic
    April, I have a question. Is it being too restrictive to ask my group not to use black wit my asian fabric print? I have a finishing plan in mine for my blocks so I don't want black IN the block but I didn't know if I could add a restriction to my groupies! Robin
    Feel free to make special requests such as "no black" or "please use cream as a background and not white." I like it when I receive a F8 with a little note about things like that. Sometimes the sender tells me what she (are there "he's in this swap?) intends to do with the quilt. Try not to get TOO specific, but a little guidance should be fine, in my opinion.

(And yes, I know I'm not April : ))
    Old 04-27-2011, 11:33 AM

April, I have a question. Is it being too restrictive to ask my group not to use black wit my asian fabric print? I have a finishing plan in mine for my blocks so I don't want black IN the block but I didn't know if I could add a restriction to my groupies! Robin
    Hi Robin,
    Yes you have the right to request someone not use a specific color or to only use wow let's say. We try to let everyone be as creative as they can but also respect the owners requests too :-)
    Hugs
    April
    Old 04-27-2011, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cyndi H
    Feel free to make special requests such as "no black" or "please use cream as a background and not white." I like it when I receive a F8 with a little note about things like that. Sometimes the sender tells me what she (are there "he's in this swap?) intends to do with the quilt. Try not to get TOO specific, but a little guidance should be fine, in my opinion.

(And yes, I know I'm not April : ))
    LOL we were answering at the same time-thanks for the help :-) :thumbup:
    Hugs
    April
    Old 04-27-2011, 11:42 AM

Great Cyndi, thanks! I don't like much black in my quilts so I wanted to be able to control the amount that goes in it. Other than that I don't care what goes in it.
    Old 04-27-2011, 01:48 PM

I went to the red and white quilt show in NYC so red and white is on the brain! I will suggest only red and white, but wouldn't turn down anything anybody wants to make.
    Nell
    Old 04-27-2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by VaNella
    I went to the red and white quilt show in NYC so red and white is on the brain! I will suggest only red and white, but wouldn't turn down anything anybody wants to make.
    Nell
    I was thinking of sending my third fabric red too and suggesting just this! Would be cool to have a red and white sampler from all over!
    Old 04-27-2011, 03:01 PM

ok so i need to purchase some red/white fabric along with some tame blenders? making my notes now. hmmm.... i wonder does amy butler or kaffe fassett come in tame colors or just reds & whites? or i could just pretend i'm color blind and send out sun glasses with the return blocks.

just kidding! :-P
    Old 04-27-2011, 03:03 PM

That's okay with me for my other 2 fabrics. I love bright quilts!
    Old 04-27-2011, 03:08 PM

You all are making me want To go out and buy more fabric! All the ideas are tempting...
    Old 04-27-2011, 07:42 PM

I am going to be sending out different shades and patterns of purple. I am going to be making 3 throw quilts (3 blocks x4 blocks) for my local Relay for Life to raffle off at next years events. I am going to put white sashing around the blocks as well. **BTW I am going to be going out of town for the first week of May, but I hope to put all fabric in the mail Monday morning before my flight leaves. If I don't have time I will send out the following Monday (the 9th).** I can't wait to see all the great blocks!!