Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0  Sign-Ups  NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-) >
  • Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0 Sign-Ups NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-)

• Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0 Sign-Ups NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-)

Old 04-28-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
    Originally Posted by craft phanatic
    I washed, starched and ironed my 1/8ths. It was easier to fold them to fit in the envelope. I gave them a final press and put them in a baggie, cut the top off of the baggie and taped it closed. They fit perfectly.
    Craft Phanatic where are you from. I live near Gettysburg.
    Peace and Blessings
    Thanks for the info and I am in Elizabethtown. Smack in the middle between Hershey and Lancaster. BTW, we come up to Gettysburg EVERY summer. My husband walks the battlefields and my daughter and I shop! I looked for a fabric shop to browse in but couldn't find one. Can you suggest any for our next trip up there?
    Yes, there is a shop on route 116 just before you get into Fairfield. Just past the campground. It is called Needle and Thread. They are closed on Tuesdays.
    I do my fabric shopping in Lancaster and Lebanon Counties.
    It is time for a trip to Martins and Zooks..and Weavers.
    I actually have never been to Zooks or Weavers. I usually go down to Intercourse to those shops. I just got a flyer for a shop called PA Fabric Outlet. It's on the New Holland Pike right off Rte 30. Looks really big!
    Old 04-28-2011, 06:55 PM

I used plastic wrap, so no additional bulk
    Originally Posted by craft phanatic
    Just cut the last rectangle! So was wondering if those of you have your fabric in the envelopes already can post a pic of them. This is my first one and I am afraid that if I don't put them in baggies first something will happen to it. Then I was thinking that if I put them in baggies they won't fit into a legal envelope. Am I fretting too much?
    Old 04-28-2011, 06:56 PM

thought we weren't supposed to add fragrance - starch has fragrance
    I washed, starched and ironed my 1/8ths. It was easier to fold them to fit in the envelope. I gave them a final press and put them in a baggie, cut the top off of the baggie and taped it closed. They fit perfectly.
    Craft Phanatic where are you from. I live near Gettysburg.
    Peace and Blessings
    Old 04-28-2011, 08:19 PM

well i guess the no fragrance it up for some interpretation. my many allergies have made it so my life has to stay pretty much strong fragrance & perfume free and i can use no aerosol sprays. but i realize that my allergy stuff does not affect everyone so as long as nothing is strongly perfumed i can try to work with it. i use fragrance & dye free detergents, mostly earth friendly ones. what would life be like for me if i had just one day of freely breathing..... ah to just dream about it.

anyway i am looking forward to this challenging swap. i have chosen some really contemporary and bold prints (think michael miller & abstract art). i hope not to scare anyone with my choices of fabrics. please do your best with them and i will appreciate your efforts. nothing is cut yet so i may give it some more thought. i really would like to see what could be created with what i am looking at. oh well i still have some time to ponder it over.
    Old 04-29-2011, 01:09 AM

So looking forward to this swap again!!! I hope we get 16 more peeps:) I'll be picking the rest of my fabrics from my stash this weekend. Half of my first two groups are stuffed and ready to go as soon as our info gets out. EXCITED!!!!
    Navarre2011
    Old 04-29-2011, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    well i guess the no fragrance it up for some interpretation. my many allergies have made it so my life has to stay pretty much strong fragrance & perfume free and i can use no aerosol sprays. but i realize that my allergy stuff does not affect everyone so as long as nothing is strongly perfumed i can try to work with it. i use fragrance & dye free detergents, mostly earth friendly ones. what would life be like for me if i had just one day of freely breathing..... ah to just dream about it.

anyway i am looking forward to this challenging swap. i have chosen some really contemporary and bold prints (think michael miller & abstract art). i hope not to scare anyone with my choices of fabrics. please do your best with them and i will appreciate your efforts. nothing is cut yet so i may give it some more thought. i really would like to see what could be created with what i am looking at. oh well i still have some time to ponder it over.
    Go with your first instint and keep the bold abstract fabrics :-) :-) :thumbup:

As far as the starch goes they do have ones that are fragrance free so perhaps that was used but we do have to remember to be very careful of anything with perfumes/fragrances as I know there are several members who do have allergies. Thanks all I am sooo happy to see the excitement.

15 more spots left woohooo come one you lurkers you know YOU want in on this awesome fun :thumbup:

Hugs
    April
    Old 04-29-2011, 04:31 AM

I am not going to starch the ones I am sending but plan to starch the fabric I receive before cutting it out as it makes cutting/measuring more acurate..when they are sent home the owner if they have allergies can rinse them out..does that sound reasonable?
    Old 04-29-2011, 04:46 AM

I guess I am in a funk.I can not decide what to use.I hope something jumps out at me soon,I need some inspiration,what to do. To much for my mind to handle.I am so proud everyone is already,maybe I can feel your eagerness through the computer and get my butt in gear.I have so enjoyed seeing the progress and finished blocks
    Old 04-29-2011, 05:27 AM

I've got my fabric in the washer. :-D
    Decided to use the "Bed & Breakfast" collection from Connecting Threads that I had.

BEFORE I cut it, want to be sure that it is to be 18 x 11??
    What size envelopes are you all using? :?:
    Old 04-29-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Difergie
    I am not going to starch the ones I am sending but plan to starch the fabric I receive before cutting it out as it makes cutting/measuring more acurate..when they are sent home the owner if they have allergies can rinse them out..does that sound reasonable?
    I received a block that had been starched and I got a string of migraines from it. I had to seal it up in a baggy until someone else could wash it for me. For me, I would rather have an inaccurate block than a weeks worth of migraines!

I would would strongly encourage anyone with allergies to include a note to this effect with the fabric. There is no way to know if the block was starched until after it is opened and then it is too late.

This swap is so, so, so much fun! I will definately be in Boom 6.0