Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0  Sign-Ups  NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-) >
  • Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0 Sign-Ups NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-)

• Boomerang Friendship Block Swap 5.0 Sign-Ups NOW CLOSED-LISTS have been sent and threads started for each group :-)

Old 05-01-2011, 05:32 AM

Moonwork, please join in on the fun. Choosing a block that is in your comfort level is ideal. It will be a great skill builder. You will make new friends also. I never participated in this swap before either..and was a little nervous about the fabric I chose. I am so looking forward to this.
    Peace and Blessings,
    Old 05-01-2011, 06:28 AM

Moonwork, don't sweat the small stuff. Swappers are going to gab about this and that, it's like sitting around a coffee house. lol

This is my first swap doing this too. IF it doesn't work out, I won't do another. I don't think our swap leader will let folks berate others because it isn't perfect. We all join the swap knowing the rules.

I don't plan on buying extra fabric. Such as someone wanting to do all reds and whites? I do have white, but no reds. I always keep some white around for this and that. I'll do the best I can. :)
    Old 05-01-2011, 07:10 AM

Ok, I have to jump in here and add I signed up for both groups last time, which was my first Boomerang. I only used about 4 or 5 different patterns because it's not like they are all going to the same person.

I went to quiltes cache and just looked at the patterns with one star (easiest) as I too am fairly new at this.

:thumbup:
    Old 05-01-2011, 07:10 AM

Moonwork this is my first swap too. I cant wait to see what other people do with the red/white fabric I picked! I have wanted to do a red/white sampler for years but other things came first so this will be a way to see what people do with the reds and whites Im sending! I joined a block of the month at our local fabric shop and the lst month was butterflys in the garden fabric, dark browns reds, golds. It was beautiful and I WON!! Got 25 free blocks and made a full size quilt out of them. It was exciting, as this one will be! PLEASE join us..IM not a perfect quilter but I love what I do and cant wait to see what others make!
    Old 05-01-2011, 07:30 AM

OH!

I can't decide if I want to join in or not! I said I was going to do 4.0 after sitting out 3.0 and then got sick. Now I have decided "NO NEW PROJECTS" until I'm out of stashed projects - but I already have the mix of fabrics I want to send out (All sorts of turtle fabrics!) - BUT I already have FOUR turtle quilts!!!

oh - decisions decisions -- and of course I put off making this decision until the very last possible second.

I'll do it this way -- If you swapped with me in 2.0 (or in the monthly bee swap) -- do you want to swap again? I won't be offended by honest answers, I promise.

=)
    Old 05-01-2011, 07:46 AM

Moonrise -- It's still starch -- you mix liquid starch with water and put it in a spray bottle. It still has an odor, and it will still attract the little critters that love to eat startch.

[quote]
    I don't use starch. Never have. But I think I saw a recipe here somewhere telling how to make your own. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that eliminate the potentially dangerous chemicals found in the aerosol version?
    [quote]
    Old 05-01-2011, 07:48 AM

I will be in this swap until I am unable. It helps with donation quilts and those fabrics you just couldn't make a creative choice about. The ladies here are wonderful and we will pick you up each and every time you have doubts or frustrations...WE ALL HAVE BEEN THERE! LOL! It is just part of life...so lets jump on in and get this party going!!!
    Old 05-01-2011, 08:06 AM

Seems to me (not to drag on the issue but...), if you want to starch and someone is allergic just rinse it out real good before you send it..I am really looking forward to this swap and embrace all levels of quilters and all blocks..Have my fabric washed, cut, folded, and envelopes ready...
    Old 05-01-2011, 08:26 AM

But if you are going to rinse it out, why startch in the first place?
    Originally Posted by Difergie
    Seems to me (not to drag on the issue but...), if you want to starch and someone is allergic just rinse it out real good before you send it..I am really looking forward to this swap and embrace all levels of quilters and all blocks..Have my fabric washed, cut, folded, and envelopes ready...
    Old 05-01-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy
    But if you are going to rinse it out, why startch in the first place?
    Originally Posted by Difergie
    It is easier to cut and work with...but not necessary..