Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

• Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 02-09-2010, 10:31 AM

me too if you don;t already have me signed up!!
    Originally Posted by Wine Woman
    Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    WOW all of these blocks are just beautiful! I am so happy we did this swap and so looking forward to 2.0 lol
    Izabella and I received two absolutely beautiful blocks from MJ yesterday-thank you so much! She just loved the dinosaurs! And the block you made for me is perfect! Thank you so much I love them both and thank you for making her feel special-she was thrilled to open her envelope.
    I received my last F8 yesterday. I am mailing completed blocks home today to:
    Odessa, Kys, Granny216
    Thank you all again for such a wonderful swap.
    Sewcornie-I think there will be room for you in 2.0. :-) We would love to see you join us.
    Barb I am glad you liked your block :-)
    Hugs
    April
    April, do you have me signed up for the next swap? I can't remember if I saw a response to the new request? Count me in please! I will be sending blocks soon.
    Old 02-09-2010, 10:41 AM

April,

PLEASE include me in the next swap! :) Let me know when we should start sending out F8's out! :) Do I sound anxious? YES! :)
    Old 02-09-2010, 10:47 AM

I received Shanna's f8 today! I HAVE RECEIVED EVERYONE'S F8S. I only have 4 more completed blocks to send back, hopefully I will finish them tonight. I have loved every minute of this swap! Thank you for making this so much fun!

April, I better be on the list for Boomerang 2.0...

MJ
    Old 02-09-2010, 10:58 AM

Hello there, Fellow Boomerang Throwers!

Haven't been able to post much lately; we're down a computer at home, and office is just not the place for personal stuff (can you blame my boss for only wanting to pay me to do HIS work??). But I thought a quick note was in order to update you on my progress, so here goes:

Have received my final F8 from cjt_mama. Thanks much. I've now received F8's from everyone.

I have also received several blocks from people, but I don't recall whom at this point in time and I don't have my list with me. I will post pics soon (perhaps over the weekend) and properly thank all who've sent me such wonderful creations.

I did have opportunity to put FIVE completed blocks in the mail yesterday: the only name I recall is Collettakay, but I will tell you this much: TWO are going to California (obviously, with cjt_mama being the 3rd Cali-girl, you should be able to tell who you are!), ONE is headed to Oregon (again, I think there is only 1 of us from OR), and TWO are off to snowy Pennsylvania. I don't recall where the 5th block was headed.

As you can tell, my life has been really hectic lately, but I have discovered that if I select the blocks I intend to make and for whom, I can sit down on an evening and cut the pieces for several before I head off to bed. The pieces then go into the envelope with your original F8 remaining fabric, and I use bulldog clips to fasten the envelopes to the patterns. Then, when it's time to sit down and sew, it just goes like clockwork. That's how I got 5 done in a short time on Super Bowl Sunday: I was at a "Sit & Sew" at my LQS, and worked on hand applique for the first several hours, then took a break for lunch. After lunch, I sewed those blocks and they went really quickly.

No ripping required. I think my seam ripper misses me!

Well, gals, that's all for now. The snow has started, and we're expecting upwards of 4"-7" by tomorrow night. I shall update you again soon. And April, this has really been a fun little swap to work on. Thanks for bringing it to us here. I'm having a ball!

Odessa
    Old 02-09-2010, 01:21 PM

I know 2.0 wouldn't start until April, but in reading about opinions on whether to cap it at 36 again, allow more quilters with more time added, or allow more and then divide into two (?) groups . . . if it took about 4 1/2 yds. of fabric to cut 36 F8's, then increasing the number of participants would increase cost both in fabric purchased and postage. I hadn't read any postings indicating cost would be a concern, but if I have a vote (does it count if I'm not a current Boomeranger?), I'd vote to allow more participants, but keep the group size maneageble (36 seems great) so it doesn't become cost prohibitive.
    Old 02-09-2010, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
    I know 2.0 wouldn't start until April, but in reading about opinions on whether to cap it at 36 again, allow more quilters with more time added, or allow more and then divide into two (?) groups . . . if it took about 4 1/2 yds. of fabric to cut 36 F8's, then increasing the number of participants would increase cost both in fabric purchased and postage. I hadn't read any postings indicating cost would be a concern, but if I have a vote (does it count if I'm not a current Boomeranger?), I'd vote to allow more participants, but keep the group size maneageble (36 seems great) so it doesn't become cost prohibitive.
    I agree with Sew Cornie. More than 36 is unmanageable for my poor little brain, or my poor little budget! :roll:
    Old 02-09-2010, 03:41 PM

I will have to see where the interest lies in Boomerang 2.0. If all original 36 swappers and 3 or 4 more want to join would that me manageable in one group?
    Obviously if I find there are many more interested I would split in to groups to make finances easier on everyone :-)
    Thank you all again-I have truly enjoyed this swap! I hit a bad slump with my illness-thank you all for helping me get back in to my sewing room and back in to my quilting that I love so much!
    Hugs
    April
    Old 02-09-2010, 05:10 PM

I am up for boomerang 2.0 :) Already hae fabric washed and cut in envelopes waiting for the "list" Hoping to be better on top of things with the second one lol

Now I am off to take dd to karate, she is trying to test for her blue belt in the next month or two so she refuses to miss a night lol
    Old 02-09-2010, 06:06 PM

I received two more beautiful blocks today!! I LOVE THEM!! Checking the mail is THE BEST!!
    Here is the block I rec'd from ckcowl:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-12909.jpe  
    Old 02-09-2010, 06:07 PM

and here is daylily's block!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-12978.jpe