Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

• Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 02-11-2010, 01:44 PM

Hi Gigi! I can't wait to get my block! Don't feel inadequate at all!! We love all blocks from all skill levels and interests! Your blocks will be greatly treasured!
    Originally Posted by Gigix12
    Hello everyone..just wanted to list the blocks I mailed out today..after seeing everyones lovely blocks I feel a little inadequate but I'm having such a great time and lots of experience:

You lucky first mailees are: Anita Riddle, Buddy's Mom, ColletaKay, daylily4u.Lisa Scarberry, Loving Isabella, Norbana Quilts, PurpleMem and Sara Sewing.
    Old 02-11-2010, 01:46 PM

I LOVE the quilt on your bed...can you post a close up of it? I'd love to see more pics!
    Originally Posted by Gigix12
    Hello everyone..just wanted to list the blocks I mailed out today..after seeing everyones lovely blocks I feel a little inadequate but I'm having such a great time and lots of experience:

You lucky first mailees are: Anita Riddle, Buddy's Mom, ColletaKay, daylily4u.Lisa Scarberry, Loving Isabella, Norbana Quilts, PurpleMem and Sara Sewing.
    Old 02-11-2010, 02:10 PM

OMG, buddy'smom, the block arrived this afternoon...I'd seen the posted photo...so I wasn't surprised...wrong! Your work is AWESOME, my dear...truly AWESOME. I'd love to sit n sew with you in hopes that some of that would rub off on me! Take a bow, please...you're definitely deserving of my appreciation...I'm inspired to aspire. Thank You!
    Old 02-11-2010, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbinwinder
    OMG, buddy'smom, the block arrived this afternoon...I'd seen the posted photo...so I wasn't surprised...wrong! Your work is AWESOME, my dear...truly AWESOME. I'd love to sit n sew with you in hopes that some of that would rub off on me! Take a bow, please...you're definitely deserving of my appreciation...I'm inspired to aspire. Thank You!
    I'm so glad you like your block, I loved the purple with it. Your welcome to join me anytime, would be great!!! I really enjoyed making everyone's blocks.
    Old 02-11-2010, 05:54 PM

BarbS: Guinness is a very handsome dog! I'm constantly stopped when we are at the beach. It's hard to get a good walk in-everyone just has to stop us and pet him. He's loves the attention.

Purplemem: thank you for the block name.

LovingIzabella: Hope you are feeling better. I hope we are working you too much. Mastiff's are a great breed. We got our first to raise with our boys. He was very loved by them. specially with the morning wake up calls! How would you like to wake up with a face like that staring at you? They are great with children and people.

Bobbinwinder: Hurry and post pic's! The curiousity is killing me!

I'm so anxious to put my quilt together. It's going on my queen size bed in my sewing room. It will definitely brighten it up-don't you think! It is so different from what I normally pick so this is really an adventure! I'm so excited because I know it's going to be beautiful thanks to all of you.
    Old 02-11-2010, 06:09 PM

WW-Nope you ladies are helping keep me sane. I do not feel overworked at all. in fact this swap helps relax me and is my therapy.
    I think your quilt will be stunning!
    I think all of the tops produced from the blocks in this swap will be amazing! I have truly enjoyed this swap and thank you all for joining me.
    Is it safe to assume all of you ladies would like to be in 2.0?
    Hugs
    April
    Old 02-11-2010, 06:26 PM

April, PLEASE include me in 2.0! A MUST for me! LOL

I'll play catch up with my UFO's! LOL

Thank you very much for hosting this swap! I hope you will continue even after 2.0! LOL
    Old 02-11-2010, 06:59 PM

I'm about 1/2 done with the blocks. I've discovered my favorite block for now is State of Connecticut from quilterscache.com. It's pretty fun to find coordinating fabrics from my stash. So, for those of you still waiting for mine, be patient, because I'm making this fun and not rushing myself. I've also been making the RoundRobin quilt rounds, so I have my sewing room all-a-fuss!
    Old 02-11-2010, 07:25 PM

I bought fabric last night for 2.0! :-D Please include me!
    Old 02-11-2010, 07:27 PM

Sara
    No rush-fun is what this swap is all about :-)
    Liz of course I have you and Sewcornie too :-)
    Hugs
    April