Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

• Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 02-22-2010, 10:00 AM

I am so excited this week! SEW EXPO starts on Thursday thru Sunday! Whats exciting about it is Wine Woman & I are going to meet! :D

Well I have 4 more blocks to finish and I am trying to finish this week so I can get them ALL mailed out.

I love all the blocks that everyone been posting! So Lovely! We are ALL going to have a BEAUTIFUL quilt with this swap!!! Very talented women here!

Happy Quilting all!
    Liz
    Old 02-22-2010, 10:03 AM
    Power Poster

sarasewing:
    the 'coral' flower fabric is in fact mine, so that one you have correct, the other, sorry no help.
    the block for me looks great though :mrgreen:
    don't feel bad, it's really easy to get a little mixed up with these....
    colleen (ckcowl)
    Old 02-22-2010, 10:43 AM

Okay, all you over-achievers out there, you're putting me to shame! I've only got 5 done and mailed. My difficulty comes with trying to find something in my stash to go with your fabrics ... there are a few that just don't want to tell me what they would like to live with as neighbors!

I have 4 or 5 more blocks cut out (I think), and about 15 that I have selected patterns and am on the way to choosing the "good neighbor" fabrics, but it's getting tricky.

I hope to have mine all finished and out by the 3rd week of March. Just want to take my time and make sure I've done it right.

Odessa
    Old 02-22-2010, 11:38 AM

Regarding that "fabrics that go with" issue....I'm thinkin' that the ones that aren't screamin' for what they want for neighbors may be the most fun....Picture this: I'm having a great time sewing up this fantastic pattern for my swap partners and the song that keeps playin' in my head when I reach for more fabric to add is getting louder and louder and louder....what song, you ask? Expess YOURSELF! Hope everyone is laughin' with me on this one...I really needed the exercise, but getting up from the floor is a bit more than I actually had in mind!
    And on that other issue....I'm scared stiff that I'm going to mix these blocks up too...I've put the ones I'm working on first into big Ziplocs (one for each swap partner) that shows lots of the fabric on one side and holds all of their info including outbound envelope on the other...sealed and safe from cat induced chaos! But, I doubt that this is going to make me bulletproof...so, I'm trying to keep my fingers crossed as much as possible...teehee.
    Old 02-22-2010, 12:53 PM

Bobbinwinder, thanks for the organization tip. I love seeing all the blocks everyone is posting! I'm SO EXCITED for 2.0!
    Old 02-22-2010, 01:02 PM

I received two blocks from granny216 today!
    Thank you so much. Love the blocks and sorry I can't post a picture at this time.

I also opened another envelope from my to do box and it is from Isabella! I'm so thrilled and honored to make her a block.
    The fabric is a dark brown wood grain and I know just what I want to do with that. I'm sorry I didn't open it sooner as I know it is hard to wait for return mail for little ones. Tell her I am getting right on it!
    :-D
    Old 02-22-2010, 01:50 PM

Got some amazing blocks today in the mail! thank you ladies!!!
    Jan10, Barb S., Mary T., Anita R.

They are all so wonderful!!!!
    Old 02-22-2010, 05:59 PM

Wow I got three new blocks today too! Two from granny216 (you are really working hard!) and mgrhs they are beautiful and two new colors to add to the quilt. Wait until you see them . . .
    Old 02-22-2010, 06:39 PM

Anita R - got your block today, thank you. I really like the combination of fabrics that you chose. Right now it's on my wall snuggled up with some of its new friends waiting for more of the gang to show up for another group shot.
    Old 02-22-2010, 06:41 PM

I am loving all of the blocks posted and no worries I still have about 18 or so left to do.
    I am getting a bit concerned though. I have mailed completed blocks to Anita, Colleen, Cindy and Mary but have not heard that you ladies have received them. Please let me know :-)
    I will have more ready to go home soon. I am so happy we all got to do this swap together and really can not wait for 2.0 :-)
    Hugs
    April