Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

• Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 06-14-2010, 03:40 PM

Finally got an opportunity to take pics of the blocks I've received in this swap, although I am still missing the ones indicated previously.

top row: Anitariddle, daylily4u, Neoma (2 blocks); 2nd row: Kysmommy2, Ninnie, ispy, MoodyKim; 3rd row: WineWoman, Susiequilt, NancyinLouisiana, Kbunn; 4th row: Sarasewing, Purplemem, Oatw13, Montanaquilter
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]85855[/ATTACH]

top row: Mosher92, BarbS, mgrhs, Martina G; 2nd row: Barbsbus, jan-10, Colleen F, Martina G; 3rd row: janecat, mistiliz, granny 216, Buddysmom; 4th row: janecat, No1banaquilts, granny216
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]85857[/ATTACH]

top row: 2 from gigix12, bottom row: LovingIzabella, one from Princess Izzy; on the right side: top - Sewspecial, bottom - Collettakay
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]85858[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-85850.jpe   attachment-85852.jpe   attachment-85853.jpe  
    Old 06-14-2010, 04:52 PM

those all look so amazing together!! i need to put mine all together one of these days too!! I'm just missing 1.
    Old 06-15-2010, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by montanaquilter
    those all look so amazing together!! i need to put mine all together one of these days too!! I'm just missing 1.
    Thanks, Lee. I wish the color was better in the pictures; it really doesn't do the blocks justice. I had sent out 32 pieces of a "wild & crazy" paisley with blues, oranges, teals, purples and pinks in it (and just a little bit of an acid-y green), and you really can't see the color well in the photos. The other 4 were a lovely paisley with golds, browns, and rosey colors and I am just missing one from those (I kept the 4th one). While I am still missing a few, I do have sufficient blocks to put into 2 quilts I think: one for myself and one for ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) research. I just need to determine which blocks I will be keeping for mine (I do know the first one I am keeping: Izzy's!).

I have thoroughly enjoyed this swap. It is amazing to see how even the least skilled among us have selected colors and patterns that come to life using just one focus fabric. I can see so much potential in all of the blocks I received. I know that my fabric selection was likely a stretch for some, but not everything I received was in my comfort zone, either! Stretching the creative brain is a good thing.

And now for some "housekeeping":
    *Thanks to everyone who swapped with me.
    *WineWoman, thanks for the tea you sent with my block! I enjoyed it last night (finally) while I was looking at my collection.
    *For those of you who have not yet completed and returned my blocks, don't break an arm trying to get mine done. Finish it it good time and return; it will be loved and appreciated when it arrives.
    *Daylily4u, please let me know if you need me to re-create another block for you. I have not heard if the Post Office has gotten their act together and delivered your block. I am happy to do so for you.

Finally, April (AND Izabella), thanks so much for bringing this swap to us. I have really enjoyed it. Izzy, I am so honored and blessed that I was the recipient of your first quilt block. It will always have a place of honor in my heart and in my home.

This swap has touched me in a lot of ways and I find myself truly blessed to have been a part of it with all of you.

TTFN,

Odessa
    Old 06-30-2010, 01:01 PM

Odessa - I love your blocks! Thanks for sharing! Your fabric was really fun (although a bit challenging!)

I wanted to share the quilt my mom made with her blocks from the swap. Her fabric was from Laurel Burch's Fancy Felines line, so it was all cats. She and I made a few blocks so she could add one more row to the quilt. You can't really see the border or sashing fabric but it is black with little multi-colored flowers from the same fabric line. She is looking for backing fabric now.

Thanks to everyone for swapping! :)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-84688.jpe  
    Old 06-30-2010, 02:41 PM

WOW!! That is an AWESOME Quilt Top!! I love it!
    Old 06-30-2010, 02:43 PM

WOW -- That Quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Tell you Mom she did an AWESOME job!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Old 06-30-2010, 03:05 PM

Beautiful! I bet mom is first to get her's together.
    :-D
    Old 06-30-2010, 04:57 PM

What a lovely quilt! Your mom should be really proud of her piece; what a terrific memory to have!

I am still planning to put some of mine together for ALS lap quilts, but am still waiting for a few blocks. Don't want to plan until I have them all.

Odessa
    Old 07-01-2010, 01:08 PM

Odessa, I dont mean to sound stupid, but what does ALS stand for?
    Thanks,
    Lisa
    Old 07-01-2010, 01:34 PM

Wow Misty your mom's top came out fabulous-love it!! Thank you for sharing a completed photo.
    Odessa those blocks look fabulous together-can not wait to see them set!
    Hugs
    April