Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 >
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

• Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10

Old 01-26-2010, 10:35 PM

Everyone, have not been ignoring you, just a bit of bad luck.
    1. Broke my wrist, now the owner of a three inch plate with seven screws holding every thing in place. Sure hope no additional surgery to remove it.
    2. house fire,--kitchen, office, and family room. what a mess dealing with insurance and contractors.
    3. Some little animal (now dead) thought he/she would take advantage of the situation and visit my attic. After snacking on my electrical wiring they are dead and I am with out electricity in my sewing room and one bedroom.

now the good news--the spread sheet never "went down to GA," therefore; i couldn't send my f8s until I received yours. i have received 33. yesterday I mailed everyone except the two i an still missing. Without the spread sheet i have no idea who I am missing. If you have sent me material and don't get one from me soon there is a problem. Please let me know.

I have completed 30 blocks but am reluctant so send them out. I love all the fabric you sent but feel my blocks are very plain due to not having good use of my left hand.

Thanks for your patience. This too will pass.
    Old 01-26-2010, 10:56 PM

Oh ispy....I am so sorry to hear of your run of bad luck. Please know we will love your blocks and whenever we see them in our quilts we will remember what you went through to get them made for us only being able to use one hand.

Take care of yourself and I look forward to recieving your material and the block you made.
    Old 01-27-2010, 12:05 AM

Oh ispy! I am truly sorry!!!! Please don't worry about blocks. If you need help, I will be glad to help you with blocks!!!! Just take care of yourself!

Let me know if you need help! :)
    Old 01-27-2010, 02:06 AM
    Power Poster

So sorry ispy, you have really been having a time of it! And you still have managed to make 30 blocks, WOW!! Hope you get straightened out soon!! And no rush on the blocks, this is supposed to be fun, so no pressure is allowed!!!
    Old 01-27-2010, 06:17 AM

Ispy - so sorry to hear of your troubles. Virtual hugs coming your way () () (). Please take care of business first, we aren't going anywhere. (BTW-after dealing with insurance and contractors after Hurricane Rita, I really sympathize with you. They are worse to deal with than the actual fire.) Take care of yourself first, the rest will fall into place.
    Old 01-27-2010, 06:23 AM

Ispy don't worry about the blocks being plain, it's okay we will love them anyway!! Sorry to hear about all the disasters in your life so far this year. Well maybe you've gotten all the bad luck taken care of in the first month of the new year and the rest will be awesome!! Take care.

P.S. This is a friendship quilt not a block contest!!
    Old 01-27-2010, 07:12 AM

Omg Ispy! They say bad luck comes in threes and you sure have been it by a streak of it! We will love your blocks even more knowing you've been through so much and still made them for us! Shoot a freak'n cold has put my life on hold for over a week now! I can't imagine going through all that & managing to make the blocks a fast as you did!

I FINALLY got my F8s mailed out today! Well all except three... I really must learn to count. I was stuff'n envelopes late in to the night yesterday when I discovered I was short three F8 packets. *sighs* I'll have those out today.

Now to start making blocks for you all! I have today to myself. Debating whether I should call the doctors and see if I can get squeezed in or not... What's happening is that the past few days I feel half way ok during the day but by the time the evening rolls in the sinus pressure has me in tears... It has been a week... Maybe today is the day I feel reasonably good all day and night???? I know, I know, call the doctor!!!!
    Old 01-27-2010, 07:25 AM

Oh, Ispy don't even think about the blocks we will love them because you made them for us! I hope you are not in to much pain and that everything works out I am so sorry that you had to go through all that and I will keep you in my prayers.
    Old 01-27-2010, 07:29 AM

WOW I got an AWESOME block from buddy'smom
    thank you so much I love it :thumbup:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-55678.jpe  
    Old 01-27-2010, 09:34 AM

Ispy
    Thank you so much for continuing to participate in this swap when it would be so justifiable to drop out. My heart and prayers are with you. I will love your block even if you send me a square of my own fabric...and I am astounded that you continued with injuries.

I look forward to receiving your block -as well as everyone else's ;)