Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

• Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 07-10-2010, 06:39 PM

Okay, I think (fingers crossed) that I've gotten rid of the buggies that were plaguing me the last couple of days, so have been sewing like the dickens yesterday and today. Monday, the mailman will be busy, because squishies will be on their way to the following:

Tink121272
    AKAngel
    Detonlisas
    Rere
    Craftymainemom
    Kysmommy2
    Collettakay
    Mistiliz
    Suedonnie
    Star
    Nancyinlouisiana
    Norbanaquilts
    Sandiannie
    Karen
    Oatw13
    Buddy'smom
    Craftsbyrobin
    Mishinjim
    Jetnica

And I have a few more I am working on, so hopefully I can add to this list.

I know that I will likely have 4 or 5 that will be sent late, but not too late.

I did receive 3 squishies in the past couple of days from:
    Mistiliz
    Neoma
    AkAngel

Thanks, ladies, I love them.

A question for Mosher92: did you receive the block I sent you? I know I made it, but do not have the date I mailed it on my sheet; if you didn't receive it, let me know and I will look again for it (or make another), but I'm hoping you did get it and I just missed the post.

And finally, April, sign me up for Boom 3.0. I love the extra month to complete; it's helpful. I do like 36, but if you feel it would be best to drop down to 24 or 32 or something else, I'm okay with that, too.

This has really been such a lot of fun. I'm loving all the ideas I'm getting by some of these fabrics! That's part of my problem: I get too many ideas for some of these and then have to pick and choose what to do with your fabrics. There are a few, I will admit, that "stump" me, but in the end I try to come up with something nice to do with them. And when all else fails, a simpler 2-color block (churn dash, lady of the lake, etc.) is always a good choice.

I do try to do something unique for each of you, but there are times when I get one block done and liked the process and the results so much that I find myself repeating the block again and again for others. Even simple blocks look terrific when they are well-made.

Odessa
    Old 07-10-2010, 08:16 PM

I did the same thing Odessa....I didn't want to duplicate a block so everyone got a different one and that was challenging and fun for me.

I do have to say though....I won't be able to do 3.0, like everyone else....I need to try and get some of my blocks from other swaps and this one put together. I will be watching out and seeing how everyone is doing and would like to join the 4.0 in January.

April...You are the bomb at being the hostess with the mostess on here and we ALL LOVE YOU for that!!!!
    Old 07-11-2010, 03:07 AM

That is so funny. Yes I did send your block home yesterday. Hope it is yours. Let me know.
    Sue
    Old 07-11-2010, 08:06 AM

I got another squishy yesterday from Neoma and lil Neoma...LOL

Neoma - Pinwheel
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]78817[/ATTACH]

Lil Neoma - 9" Block
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]78818[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-78812.jpe   attachment-78813.jpe  
    Old 07-11-2010, 11:03 AM

I got a block from Neoma yesterday. I love it, its so bright.
    The fabric she chose looks like Mardigras beads its great.
    Thanks Neoma

Odessa glad you got your block, hope you like it. I will be looking for yours end of next week.

Someone asked on here about which fabric I asked if they have a piece of it left if they would mind sending me.( Sorry I can't remember now who) It was Kymommy's fabric which is a light cream background with butterflies and small flowers, it has just a touch of gold mettalic on the outlines of the flowers and butterflies. Very cute fabric, I just don't think I have enough for another block and her's hasn't made it. If you do have a piece you can spare, please p.m. me and I will send you my address.
    Thanks again,
    Muriek
    Old 07-11-2010, 12:46 PM

First things first....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I have that out of the way, I received a wonderful block from sandiannie.

Things are a little hectic with our move this weekend but we are about 90% done and I am hoping to be able to get to my sewing machine today.
    Old 07-11-2010, 12:52 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, APRIL! AND MANY MORE!
    Aren't you glad you can't hear me sing? I cannot carry a tune, but I have GREAT enthusiasm.

Hugs,
    MJ
    Old 07-11-2010, 01:04 PM

April - Hope you have a great birthday! Thank you for everything you have done with this group. :)

As for 3.0, please sign me up!

I am okay with having 36 trading partners, but whatever works best for everyone is okay, too. I love working with all the different fabrics and trying different blocks. If it is easier for some, by all means, choose one pattern and stick to it for your blocks. I know others have done it and I don't mind at all. Do what you are comfortable with. Also, if you can't match my fabric, I don't care if you use white or tan or black or any other neutral color.

Three months has been fine for me, but I understand if others want or need more time. I think 4 months is fine, but remember, each of us still needs to prioritize our projects in order to complete the blocks on time. I try to do the blocks as the fabric arrives, or at least 2-3 per week. It only takes about 20 - 30 minutes to complete most blocks. I just don't think we should stretch it beyond 4 months - that leaves us with 3 rounds per year, if we desire. That sounds reasonable.

purplemem - I hope you do join us in round 3, I have enjoyed swapping with you in 1 and 2. :)
    Old 07-11-2010, 01:10 PM

I keep going back and forth about doing 3.0. One day I will and the next day I won't. I just don't know how to make up my mind. Advice anyone? I did enjoy doing 2.0 and all the lovely blocks I got back in the mail.
    Old 07-11-2010, 01:26 PM

Oh come on -- an extra month, 7 - 10 less blocks to make -- you know you want to do it, don't you.