Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0  Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137 >
  • Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

• Boomerang Friendship Swap 2.0 Sign-Ups Closed.-Please Read my Notes Pg 136 & 137

Old 07-16-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by sandiannie
    Originally Posted by sew cornie
    Sandiannie (I'm a bit concerned about this one. You mailed out on 7/6 but I don't believe it's come yet. Would you mind posting a picture of the block you sent and I'll double/triple/quadruple check my stack. Thanks!)
    I don't have a picture, but I will check (when I get up to the house) my list to see what block I made and when I look in your envelope that is holding your scraps I can probably tell you what color(s) I put with it and post in the morning.
    I'll post a picture of all that I have and if you see yours, give a holler. Running off to get a picture . . . .
    Old 07-16-2010, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by suedonnie
    Hi All:
    I recieved a beatiful block today but not sure from who.
    I has burnt orange with gold scriggly lines thru it. My material was the green with daisys with burnt orange and yellow middles. Came from zip code 48708 if that helps.
    I love it to whomever sent it.....
    Sue
    That is from Odessa ... I got one but mine had a note in it ... my envie has the same zip code ...

*solved a mystery*
    Old 07-16-2010, 03:21 PM

Here are all of the blocks I've received thus far. I thought I was missing 6: Aardvarq, cjt, Kbunn, krazy, sandiannie, and Sugarpumpkin. But there are 30 blocks here, which means I'm really only missing 5. I apologize for whomever I received from that I've missed acknowledging. My guess is it's either sandi or sugarpumpkin. I appreciate your help in identifying if one of these is yours. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-75625.jpe   attachment-75626.jpe  
    Old 07-16-2010, 03:42 PM

Here are all of the blocks I've received thus far. I thought I was missing 6: Aardvarq, cjt, Kbunn, krazy, sandiannie, and Sugarpumpkin. But there are 30 blocks here, which means I'm really only missing 5. I apologize for whomever I received from that I've missed acknowledging. My guess is it's either sandi or sugarpumpkin. I appreciate your help in identifying if one of these is yours. Thanks!
    Oyyy mine stands out like a sore thumb :shock: :shock:
    Sorry about that! I hope you can make it not so standoffish!
    Hugs
    April
    Old 07-16-2010, 03:47 PM

I received 2 more blocks today.
    1 from April
    the other from Norbana
    thank you ladies these will both go great in the quilts I'm making for Stevie's House.

That means there are only 5 blocks left out waiting to make their way home. They are from.
    cjtmama
    Odessa
    Aardvarq (no hurry)
    Nancy in Louisiana
    Suedonie
    I've really enjoyed this swap.
    Muriel
    Old 07-16-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Oyyy mine stands out like a sore thumb :shock: :shock:
    Sorry about that! I hope you can make it not so standoffish!
    Hugs

April
    Actually, yours is going to be the centerpiece!! I'm going to put these on point with yours in the center and the other cream ones scattered randomly around it. I may add more applique in the sashing based on your watering can: vines, leaves, and flowers. I love that you've given me a garden theme to "grow" on!

Not sure yet what I'm going to do with the black ones yet. I'd originally planned to combine all in one top, but the creams and blacks are way too busy together and are much better separated out.

Here is April's amazing needle-turned applique! Don't you just love the buttons and beading she added too?? Please try to contain your drool! LOL. Thanks again so much, April!!
    :-D :-D :-D
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-75643.jpe   attachment-75644.jpe   attachment-75645.jpe  
    Old 07-16-2010, 04:14 PM

Actually, yours is going to be the centerpiece!! I'm going to put these on point with yours in the center and the other cream ones scattered randomly around it. I may add more applique in the sashing based on your watering can: vines, leaves, and flowers. I love that you've given me a garden theme to "grow" on!

Not sure yet what I'm going to do with the black ones yet. I'd originally planned to combine all in one top, but the creams and blacks are way too busy together and are much better separated out.

Here is April's amazing needle-turned applique! Don't you just love the buttons and beading she added too?? Please try to contain your drool! LOL. Thanks again so much, April!!
    :-D :-D :-D
    Awww you make me blush-I am honored that you are using it for the centerpiece! :oops: :oops:

What Sew Cornie failed to mention is this was my first needle turn applique ever (done while Izabella was in surgery & recuperating) and I had to do the beadwork and buttons to cover my not so great needle turn areas lol

I truly am honored that you feel it deserves such a special place. When I saw your focus fabric it screamed watering can to me and I could only find an applique one so you became my victim...err I mean recipient :-)

I really am glad you like it and again I am humbled by it's placement and motivation for the rest of the quilt!

I am hoping to do more NTA for group 3 if I can as I am going to Vegas in September for work so have a very long flight(non-stop) so maybe I can do more. I did 3 for this swap...maybe next one I can do 10 and some day all 35 or however many lol

Hugs
    April
    Old 07-16-2010, 04:47 PM

Hooray!! Squishies from NorBanaQuilts & OdessaQuilts (?)

This is my updated list:

Awaiting Confirmation of Receipt of YOUR block FROM me:
    ~Nancy in Louisiana - Mailed 4/26/10
    ~Aardvarq - Mailed 5/3/10
    ~cjt_mama - Mailed 5/8/10
    ~Mosher92 - Mailed 7/6/10

Waiting for MY blocks FROM: (NO RUSH!!)
    ~aardvarq
    ~cjt_mama
    ~Kbunn
    ~Nancy in Lousiana

~OdessaQuilts ?

NorBanaQuilts
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75706[/ATTACH]

Odessa -- I also got the "mystery swapper" envelope -- I think we've decided these are all from you...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75715[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-75701.jpe   attachment-75710.jpe  
    Old 07-16-2010, 04:59 PM

Norbana-I love the purple butterfly you used in Jetnica's block-do you happen to have the information on it?
    Hugs
    April
    Old 07-16-2010, 05:37 PM

I got several GREAT blocks in the mail...
    I too got a mystery block from zip code 48708 - it is absolutely lovely!!
    I love them all... Thank you soooooo much!

Mystery Block
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75473[/ATTACH]

SueDonnie
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75474[/ATTACH]

Sandiannie
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75475[/ATTACH]

NorBanaQuilts
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]75476[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-75468.jpe   attachment-75469.jpe   attachment-75470.jpe   attachment-75471.jpe