Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Swap 15 - Sign Ups Open Until June 2 or ??? >
  • Boomerang Swap 15 - Sign Ups Open Until June 2 or ???

• Boomerang Swap 15 - Sign Ups Open Until June 2 or ???

Old 05-17-2015, 12:19 AM

Send all F8s to me along with any special requests for your fabric. I
    Hi, I am new here and I don't understand what this means? Do you have to sew a specific block for each person, if they request it?
    Old 05-17-2015, 05:40 AM

Janice I will send an email.
    Old 05-17-2015, 06:32 AM

Welcome Flowergurl! On this Boomerang Swap, we send the fabric, you select the block. The sender can request certain colors to go with their fabrics and the receiver tries to comply with the request. For example, I am using a variety of fabric with "peach/orange sherbet" in it. I will request that only "white or white on white" fabrics be used with it - would prefer no other prints or colors. I will also put a note that I like "star blocks" as a suggestion but by no means is that a requirement...just a suggestion in case you get quilter's mind boggle.

A lot of us will also post our fabric selection here so others can get a jump start on ideas of what they want to do with it.

You can also make the same style block for everyone...last time I had fell in love with "Jacob's Ladder" and made almost all of the blocks I sent back like that. You don't have to pick a different block for each person.

One of the most important things is to measure carefully and have your blocks be 12.5" when you send them back to the hostess.

The fabric you send out needs to be 11 x 18 ... please no other sizes but you can always fudge and send a little extra if you wish.

Be sure you send a note also of what you'd like to see with your fabrics...are you making a child's quilt, manly quilt, color's you'd like or ones you'd like to avoid ...notes along that line.

Welcome to the boom....ask as many questions as you need to (trust me, someone else has it in their mind too).

You can click on the link at the bottom of my post and you'll see the blocks I made last time as well as the blocks I received back.

Can't wait for this one to get going. I'll do the slow group again since summer is busy and I have a new granddaughter "baking" right now that should make her appearance around 4th of July.

Last edited by moonwork42029; 05-17-2015 at 06:37 AM.
    Old 05-17-2015, 06:59 AM

I almost missed the sign up link...kept looking for it on Boom 14s page and then it dawned on me to look on the main page! Hard decision on fabric this time. A friend loves green and Im not fond of it...have this fabric that I bought because I liked it but haven't used it in over a year....I don't want dark colors with it because its dark enough already..but cant decide if I should ask for only white or wow..colors don't come out good in pictures but it has dark green, browns, dark reds etc but I think those would make it "too"dark...Ill decide before sign ups close..I HOPE
    Attached Thumbnails boom-15-fabric-1.jpg  
    Old 05-17-2015, 07:17 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519863[/ATTACH]

I am using a variety of fabric with "peach/orange sherbet" in it. I will request that only "white or white on white" fabrics be used with it - would prefer no other prints or colors. I will also put a note that I like "star blocks" as a suggestion but by no means is that a requirement...just a suggestion in case you get quilter's mind boggle.

I used this same fabric collection in the last Boom and decided I wanted to make a larger top so I'm needing more of the beautiful blocks from y'all.
    Attached Thumbnails fabric-choices.jpg  
    Old 05-17-2015, 07:39 AM

Lisa your sherbet colors are so light and refreshing.

flowergurl welcome, this is a ver fun swap

we made it through our first big storm of the season in our camper last night. Heard hail was coming so I was the first to get my car in the farmers huge tractor shed. After the storm we went through 3 years ago and I had $10,000 damage to my old car I tend to get over excited. By the time we got back to the camper most people had already left to go home. We live to far away to do that so we hunkered in till the sirens went off. You really don't want to be in 40 foot camping trailer in a tornado. We sat out the storm in the farmhouse with the remaining campers. Then this morning the winds were so bad I left when dh left to drive to Chicago. Driving through the wind and rain made me mighty happy to get home safe and sound.

this is one of the fabrics I am thinking of using, concerned the print might be to large

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519865[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Old 05-17-2015, 08:29 AM

Oh... I almost forgot.... I did run into this a couple times in the past....

The 11 x 18 fabric needs to be "fully usable" fabric ....

Please be sure to allow for the selvages because you can lose vital cutting abilities if the selvage is "part" of the 11" or 18".

If in doubt, trim off the selvage and then make your 11 x 18 cuts.

On some of my fabric this time, the edge will be slanted but there is no less than 11 x 18 ... I allowed for extra because who ever cut the fabric off the bolt did a wonderful "angle" cut and rather than waste that fabric by trimming it down to 18", I just included it.

Last edited by moonwork42029; 05-17-2015 at 08:32 AM.
    Old 05-17-2015, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn
    Lisa your sherbet colors are so light and refreshing.

flowergurl welcome, this is a ver fun swap

we made it through our first big storm of the season in our camper last night. Heard hail was coming so I was the first to get my car in the farmers huge tractor shed. After the storm we went through 3 years ago and I had $10,000 damage to my old car I tend to get over excited. By the time we got back to the camper most people had already left to go home. We live to far away to do that so we hunkered in till the sirens went off. You really don't want to be in 40 foot camping trailer in a tornado. We sat out the storm in the farmhouse with the remaining campers. Then this morning the winds were so bad I left when dh left to drive to Chicago. Driving through the wind and rain made me mighty happy to get home safe and sound.

this is one of the fabrics I am thinking of using, concerned the print might be to large

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519865[/ATTACH]
    Can you fold it to 11x18 and post that pic for an idea of print size?
    Old 05-17-2015, 08:59 AM

Got you Bee. Am out of town until Sunday evening but I'll send you a confirmation email then or Monday.
    Originally Posted by Bee Beatty
    Janice,

Sign me up! You have all my correct information.....if you need me to send it again...just let me know. I will do the 2 month group again.

Love seeing the sign ups .... Thinking about fabric.

Bee
    Old 05-17-2015, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
    I almost missed the sign up link...kept looking for it on Boom 14s page and then it dawned on me to look on the main page! Hard decision on fabric this time. A friend loves green and Im not fond of it...have this fabric that I bought because I liked it but haven't used it in over a year....I don't want dark colors with it because its dark enough already..but cant decide if I should ask for only white or wow..colors don't come out good in pictures but it has dark green, browns, dark reds etc but I think those would make it "too"dark...Ill decide before sign ups close..I HOPE
    There is great fussy cutting opportunites w/ that fabric. I think if it were me I would choose yellow as the contrast light fabric and do the sashing in an awesome grey. If I did wow I think I would piece w/ med and dark colors and sash in a wow. I think both of those are unexpected, and all you ladies know how far from "the box" I live. lol