Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4 >
  • Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

• Boomerang Swap 25 - Sign-ups Now Open through 9/4

Old 09-05-2020, 04:24 AM

Mobile, We love be new Boomers but you must complete your request to join. Look at the bottom of post one and please send me the info I requested by email. Also, why don’t you tell us a little bit about yourself and your quilting since you are brand new to the board. I’ll hold your space through Sunday night.
    Originally Posted by Mobile
    Hello everyone. A newby here joining Boom 25.
    How about if we all introduce ourselves? Just a little bit about your life and your quilting to break the ice a bit. Who wants to go first?

BTW, signups are closed and I’ll be posting groups later today.
    Old 09-05-2020, 04:54 AM

Hello! My name is Carrie. I've lived in Iowa my whole life. I'm married to my "high school sweetheart"...a little over 23 years now...I am 41 yo. We have 3 grown children, 18 DD, 20DS , 22DD. Only the youngest is still at home...she is finishing college in the next 2 weeks! I homeschooled our children and dabbled in different direct sales companies over the years. My latest is Ruby Ribbon and I can see this one being more long term since I can focus on it more with no schooling...just started in June. We also have Mildred and Gertrude...our wanna-be lapdog dogs. (80 & 90lb Rottweilers)

I enjoy reading or listening to books on audible while quilting and paper crafting (mostly cards) in addition to quilting. I started quilting in 2007. Decided I wanted to learn, bought a book and my first was a strip quilt. I have made over 70 quilts since (not counting those UFOs I have in project boxes). My favorite technique is paper piecing...Lord willing my thumb/wrist will heal quickly so I can get back to doing that soon (right now too much trimming in one sitting isn't so good for it).

I look forward to "meeting" each of you!!

Last edited by carriem; 09-05-2020 at 05:02 AM.
    Old 09-05-2020, 05:32 AM

Hi, All! I'm a widowed great-grandma to 5, Libster to 6 grands and Mom to 2 daughters and a son. My grandma taught me to sew on her treadle machine when I was 12 and I've never stopped since. I've been quilting now for about 40 or so years. I love Sewbiz' QAYG method that she taught us. I've been doing the Booms since Boom 10. Love them! Warning- you will be hooked!
    Old 09-05-2020, 05:43 AM

Hi I’m Terri, I have lived in Minnesota my entire life but that is soon to change. We will be snowbirds this winter. We bought a place sight unseen in Mission Texas.1,500 miles from home. It’s on the same block as my sister’s place and 4 miles from hubby’s sister and bill’s. Dh retired in June and we have lived in our destination camper in a wonderful campground where we have been for 25 years. For our vacations we go home and mow and I sew like crazy. Carriem we also use to have a beloved Rottweiler.. Mom to 4 adults and grams to 5 wonderful kiddos. Thankfully one of my DD’s and family live about 20 minutes away, the rest are scattered across the South and west .
    Old 09-05-2020, 06:10 AM

Good morning from the North Georgia mountains! I have also lived in one state all my life. We, my husband of 36 years, love to travel but home is great. Our son is a nurse in Indiana and our daughter is a biologist in North Carolina... don't get to see them near enough! We also have a crazy golden doodle named Bugaroo. I love to garden, fish, camp, and sew. My mother always sewed clothes and at 4 I also wanted to sew. My mother said I could as soon as I could reach the peddle. Thus I taped and stapled my doll clothes until at 5 I used a box to reach the illusive peddle and began actual sewing! I made most of my kids clothes and made elves, Santa, etc. for craft shows. It was not until a couple of years ago that I started quilting. I've taken some quilting classes form a genius of a teacher and I've so enjoyed piecing. The Quilting Board has been a great resource and neighborhood! You ladies are just wonderul!
    Old 09-05-2020, 06:16 AM

Forgot to add...I grew up in SC but I live in NC now Been here for 52 years.
    Old 09-05-2020, 06:18 AM

Default Boom Biz - Group updates, 2 mo is a work in progress

Good morning, Boomers. Here are the groups as they stand this morning. We have a full group of 20 people in the 3 month group. That means each of you will be sending me 19 F8s.

In the 2 month group we have a definite 11 with one possible (Mobile) if she gets her info to me by Sunday. Those three with an asterisk beside their name below will be sending one F8 per member and making one block per member. Is there anyone else who wishes to send only a single f8 per member and make one block per member? Please let me know asap. I'd like to give everyone the final tally by Monday morning so you can begin shipping right after Labor Day. I'll send you an email with my contact info once everything is set.

Here are the groups so far...

2 month (11 confirmed, one unconfirmed)
    Bugaroo
    Hav4boys
    Ibex94
    Jaba
    JayneW*
    Libster
    Klaws
    Macybaby
    mjpEncinitas*
    Sewbizgirl
    Terriamn*
    ((Mobile - waiting for additional info)

*making one block per member

3 Month Group (20)
    Annt59
    Bibliostone
    Bugaroo
    CarrieM
    Cheesehead
    GramE
    Hav4boys
    IrishMom
    Jaba
    Janice McC
    Juliasb
    Klaws
    LAF2019
    Libster
    Macybaby
    MadebySue
    mjpEncinitas
    Sewbizgirl
    Terriamn
    TravelingGramma
    All are making one block per member

I'll be in touch as things change in the 2 month group.

Last edited by Janice McC; 09-05-2020 at 06:21 AM.
    Old 09-05-2020, 06:45 AM

DH and I are old hands at the Home Improvement gain, and building a 16x16 shed is one of the easier jobs. It's roofed and we started installing the garage door yesterday. Got it far enough along that DH should be able to do the rest without needing another pair of hands.

It's going to be really nice to have the Garage emptied out so we can have much more room for doing woodworking projects. That is one reason we needed to get the shed done early on in the game plan - so we've got plenty of room to build kitchen cabinets (and yes, we've done that before).

I'm going to head back to the sewing room and get to playing with fabric for a while.
    Old 09-05-2020, 08:08 AM

HI all. I am a grandmother to 3 from one son and 3 from my other son. I work in New Orleans full time and travel to my husband and grandchildren in central Mississippi just outside of Jackson whenever I am not working. Right now, I am working remotely so I get to see my husband and grandkids!. Also, I have been going back and forth to Texas for over a year now, too, taking care of my parents. My siblings have been wonderful with help, too. I head back to Texas in a couple weeks for about a week.

As it has been for everyone, this has been a rough year. I've lost too many family members. Some were expected. Some were not. None due to COVID, yet, nor anticipated. We are all pretty paranoid of being around others.

have not been quilting at all since the last Boom. I need a creative break despite the insanity in my life. I have been lurking for the last few BOOMs and decided that it is time to jump back in! Maybe you all will make me sane again. It's good for the grandkids to see me sewing. Time to whittle down my stash so I am looking forward to playing with your fabric. I keep wanting to finish up some of my other BOOM quilts, These next few months may get at least one of them done!

Great to talk and share with all of you! You have delighted my days with your pictures and chatting. Time for me to stop lurking. All my best always, Juana (ibex94)
    Old 09-05-2020, 08:17 AM
    Power Poster

I am Sewbizgirl... have been doing these swaps since #17, I think. I sew a lot of donation quilts in a group with other local ladies. We make lap quilts and wheelchair quilts for hospitalized patients in the organ transplant unit of our hospital. We also supply several children's homes with a quilt for each child or teen housed there. So these Boom blocks have been put to good use, in comfort quilts for others.

I am married to my hubby of 35 years, and have two grown sons and a grown daughter, a son-in-law and a DIL, and two beautiful grandbaby girls. Aside from quilting, I love sewing special outfits for the girls. Also amigurumi animals and toys... Quilting by day, crocheting by night.

I look forward to seeing everyone's creative block making!