Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • CHOCOLATE/RASPBERRY BLOCK SWAP - MUST BE RECEIVED BY 1/31/10...Notice page 9! >
  • CHOCOLATE/RASPBERRY BLOCK SWAP - MUST BE RECEIVED BY 1/31/10...Notice page 9!

• CHOCOLATE/RASPBERRY BLOCK SWAP - MUST BE RECEIVED BY 1/31/10...Notice page 9!

Old 01-22-2010, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
    sewcornie those are beautiful!
    Thanks NorBana. The chocolates look black in the pictures but they really are brown. Mmmmm . . . dark chocolate! Yum!

Can anyone please refresh me on what's the best way to mail these? I know to put them in ziplock bags, but what kind of envelope provides the safest transit? I picked up some plain manila envelopes (11"x15" size), but will those get mangled in the mailing process? Is it better to use a padded envelope? If so, what about including one for Colletta to return in? A padded one doesn't seem like it would fold in half well when I put it in with the blocks to mail. Since I'm sending 2 sets, is it best to mail one set per envelope so that it's not too bulky? I'm probably making this much more complicated than necessary, but I would like to send them with the greatest potential for a safe arrival. This is the first time I've mailed this many blocks at one time. Thanks for the help!
    Old 01-22-2010, 09:59 PM

Hellooooooooh . . . anyone out there?? Did I scare everyone away?? :oops:
    Old 01-23-2010, 04:56 AM

Sew Cornie: I think everyone has the same worries you do about what to use to send their blocks through the mail. I might suggest you stop at the local pizza place and see if you can buy 1 pizza box, put all 24 of your blocks in that pizza box and ship it out. Make sure to use good shipping tape Just a suggestion. Feathers
    Old 01-23-2010, 06:05 AM

I had to find the picture I took.. Here is my Block. I stayed true to the colours of Chocolate, Raspberry, Cream and Tan.... I"m still a newbie so to speak so I hope everyone likes it .. it is paperpieced so the points would be nice and straight.. YOu all do such wonderful work here . I'm intimidated by your accomplishments, but I must admit you all give such great encouragement, there is nowhere to go but up!!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-65410.jpe  
    Old 01-23-2010, 07:34 AM

aberi, your block is simply stunning! Well done, beautiful fabric choices.
    Old 01-23-2010, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
    Sew Cornie: I think everyone has the same worries you do about what to use to send their blocks through the mail. I might suggest you stop at the local pizza place and see if you can buy 1 pizza box, put all 24 of your blocks in that pizza box and ship it out. Make sure to use good shipping tape Just a suggestion. Feathers

Thanks for the suggestion Feathers. I'd thought about putting them into a flat rate box, but hadn't thought of a pizza box. Still, this leaves work for Colletta on the other end to re-box to mail them back. I think for her convenience sake, I'll try the envelopes and hope for the best. Seems like everyone else has been able to send without a problem. I guess I'm just overly concerned.
    Old 01-23-2010, 08:44 AM

wilhelmina and aberi, very pretty blocks :D
    Old 01-23-2010, 10:05 AM

I mailed 2 sets in a bubble mailer that was 10-1/2 x 15 and enclosed one for the return. I enclosed each set in a Ziplock Double Zipper, gallon size bag, still had to fold my blocks twice...My total cost for both, was just over $16 for Priority Mail. I didn't expect to pay that much but I had a new mail clerk that struggled to calculate the stamp costs for the return... The line was out the door of the PO when I left...poor guy. You probably can do better.
    Old 01-23-2010, 10:14 AM

Sew Cornie & aberi - lovely colors and nice patterns!
    Old 01-23-2010, 11:19 AM
    Power Poster

I hate to do this, but I have to back out of this swap. Right now, I only have 6 blocks done and my sewing has to be curtailed for a bit. I fell in the tub and messed myself up. (One-handed typing here - gimpy ~~~waves). There is no way I can get the rest done under the circumstances and I don't want to hold you guys up. Sooooorrrry.

Everyone's blocks are gorgeous, btw.