Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Christmas ornament swap 2013 >
  • Christmas ornament swap 2013

• Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-14-2013, 05:14 PM

Working on one of my ornaments now. Still no name so I just keep waiting and working.
    Old 10-14-2013, 05:55 PM

You are not alone in waiting for the name, baking a cake tonight so will clean my hands and back to sewing. Hope to get my person tomorrow.
    Old 10-14-2013, 06:11 PM
    Power Poster

Patti, don't worry, someone will swap with you, i'm sure Brenda is so crazy busy with that pesky job of hers. she hasn't forgotten us, just crazy with life. be patient. yeah, easy for me to say, i'd be climbing the walls waiting for my swap partner. i can't wait for anything, it might be the adhd i have. i'm constantly on the move and try to get a few things done.
    still decicing on what to do for my pc swap. join us there. we need swappers, and i know we have a few international and from canada. start making now so you have it ready. (i'm actually looking at next years swap ornaments.)
    Old 10-14-2013, 06:56 PM

Whew! I'm relieved to see names are still being assigned, I hadn't gotten my names yet and was afraid there may have been a glitch. And I haven't been on too much myself.

Thank you for hosting this Brenda.
    Old 10-14-2013, 07:58 PM

Finally got to Hobby Lobby today and bought the things I need to get started on my ornaments. Got 1 made and it turned out really cute. Haven't started on the other one yet. (I would like to try to send 2) Hopefully tomorrow. Got my names (Thank you Brenda)and hope to mail this week. I just love this swap, it's my second time doing it, had so much fun last year and I loved my ornaments! Making these ornaments makes me want to take my fall stuff down and start on Christmas! LOL!!
    Old 10-14-2013, 08:12 PM
    Power Poster

Hang in there ladies (and gents?) I got mine yesterday. Brenda does have a full time job and cannot work on the names on her work computer. You still have lots of time to make and send the ornaments. You won't be left out. Brenda will make sure everyone gets there ornaments,and names. She has secret angels to help if someone drops out or doesn't send. I was an angel 2 yrs ago so I know this is true.I know it is hard to wait for your names. Sometimes it seems harder than waiting for the ornaments.I sometimes feel like i'm 5 yrs old again. Now I'm gonna go sneak into the kitchen and swipe a piece of cookie. Don't tell anyone. (after all I really am not 5 yrs ols)hugs mary
    Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 PM

Agreed Lawsonmugs..I know several are ready to mail, but like I said earlier, mine will go out before the deadline if I quit making more.... and like Quiltymom said, she's not mailing til the deadline, Nov 5th...
    So we'll have a good variety..early mailers, middle mailers, deadline mailers...just remember those of you, and also me..if orny not received by Thursday, Lynnie is not your partner...had to say it, Lynnie...teehee.. Oh, and the deadlines not til Nov 5th...
    PS How was that bit o' cookie, lawsonmugs??

Last edited by kiffie2413; 10-14-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    Old 10-15-2013, 12:04 AM

I received my names. Mine are ready so will mail soon.
    Old 10-15-2013, 07:22 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by kiffie2413
    Agreed Lawsonmugs..I know several are ready to mail, but like I said earlier, mine will go out before the deadline if I quit making more.... and like Quiltymom said, she's not mailing til the deadline, Nov 5th...
    So we'll have a good variety..early mailers, middle mailers, deadline mailers...just remember those of you, and also me..if orny not received by Thursday, Lynnie is not your partner...had to say it, Lynnie...teehee.. Oh, and the deadlines not til Nov 5th...
    PS How was that bit o' cookie, lawsonmugs??
    Really good. Just had a small piece of one. I wasn't that bad.lol They were home made cookies too.
    Old 10-15-2013, 01:05 PM
    Power Poster

Mine are officially out got tracker numbers and all. wasn't at the po to early, had to go to dmv, and we all know that's he-l on earth. and today was no different. 1/2 hr on a line to tell me what line to stand in. then 2 1/2 more hrs waiting for that one. my back is horrendous!, my ornaments are on the truck or plane or pony going to their new homes. I packed in a few extras coz you had to wait so long for me to mail it out, ha, ha, ha!!! Kiffie, did you mail yet????? hmmmm why not???? no excuses being taken here.
    o.k. this is sick, i'm starting on next years. there's no excuse for them to be late now.i can't wait to get my names, Kiffie, you listening??? so by the time comes, i'll prob have 4-6 ornaments for each person.
    I LOVE CHRISTMAS and in my house, it comes early this year. My dh is jewish, and the first night of hannaukka is thanksgiving. soooooo, the tree goes up early this year. The front door get decorated early too, silver foil, and an aqua wreath goes up first. Yeah, and halloween is right around the corner yeah!!!. candy!!!! then somone who joins the pincushion swap gets my roasted turkey!!!! yeah. ( did you get the idea i love to celebrate, i do). have fun all you waiting for your ornaments. please take a pic, i can't