Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >
  • Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

• Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 10-27-2014, 03:58 PM

When my children were small they received gifts from Santa but also on January 6th. That is the day The 3 Wise men brought gifts to Baby Jesus on the Epiphany. I now have green crocheted tree made on hoops that collapses. It is hung from the ceiling.
    Old 10-27-2014, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413
    Loving all the stories and memories...
    Wonderful ornaments and sneak peeks, too...
    Have all of mine done...
    ABSOLUTELY never Black Friday for me, NOOOOO!
    Also never shop on Tax free weekend either. I'm sorry, but ANY money I might save shopping at either of those times would be lost when hubby had to bail me out of jail...and or pay for valium for me!!

Let's see..
    Artificial tree, too many allergies for "real" one. Two trees, one in my part of our spread, one in Mom's part of our spread.
    Used to open Christmas Eve and attend Midnight Service with hubby's family before my dmil passed.
    Open Christmas Day with my parents before my dear dad passed. Now that our only son is married with a family, we "wing it"..as I know I must share him, ddil, dgd, dgs with her mom..dagnabbit!! Lol

Homemade and decorated Sugar cookies and homemade cinnamon rolls. My dmil used to make them for everyone, now it's passed to me. Can you say "Breadmaker machine"??? At least for the dough making, the rest I do by hand.

Stockings.. Absolutely! I've made one for everyone. And now I'm finishing one for my 10 month old grandson. I make the felt ones. Every time I make one I swear it's the last time. Then I "forget" and do it again..lol

I love any and every version of A Christmas Carol. Watch any I can find over and over. My fave is probably the version starring George C. Scott as Scrooge.

(Think I was skipped) I'll Be Home for Christmas.

Kif

PS fave Christmas tradition:
    My dear dad started when I was a lil girl putting a pkg of wrapped chocolate donuts on tree for me.. continued every year up til the Christmas right before he died. I was 37.
    The next Christmas was rough...1st without my dad. I got up Christmas morning to bake cinnamon rolls, glanced at tree, there was a wrapped pkg of the mini donuts...signed "Santa".
    I cried..and thought it was from my hubby..
    It turned out it was my SON. He was 17 at that time. He'd bought them, wrapped them, snuck them on tree with no one knowing. He's done it every year since, He's 29 now. Except now the donuts sometimes "magically" appear right after son and his family get here for Christmas...lol
    wow... What a beautiful son you have!

hugs

Caroline
    Old 10-27-2014, 04:19 PM
    Power Poster

Love all the Christmas stories. I'm confused on the song titles. Where are we? lol. Pretty ornaments. Mailed mine today.
    Old 10-27-2014, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    I'm confused on the song titles. Where are we? lol.
    H?

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas -- love hearing Burl Ives sing that one!
    Old 10-27-2014, 05:35 PM

Lovely ornaments everyone and I see that some are flying to their new homes already. So I guess we need to decide on opening. It appears there is not any major objections to having an opening date so i am gonna throw a couple of dates out there and everyone check your calendars and see which one fits for you. We will go with the date that fits the majority of the group. Seeing as how mailing deadline is Nov 14th and we do have a few international mailers here we should five plenty of time for that. With that said I also noticed that a good many of us try to put up trees around or shortly after the weekend after Thanksgiving. So lets try for opening around that time. Depending on the date selected it will give packages anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks to arrive.

Proposed dates for opening are Nov 26 or Dec 6, I do believe both of those are on a Sat. Everyone pick a date and we will see which one fits the majority or we could just have two opening dates. Those that have theirs by the first date can open then and others could open on the later date. Let me know everyone by posting. Thanks
    Old 10-27-2014, 05:41 PM

Now that business is taken care of lets have some more teasing. I want to see some pics that make people excited over whether or not those orns are for them. I have seen a couple I would love.

I is for "I'll Be Home for Christmas"
    Old 10-27-2014, 05:51 PM

Momma Rose and Sis Ana, thank you so much for the Get Well card. I am always so pleased and surprised when something shows up from you two. I am so blessed. Now get to those orns ladies or I will have to throw both of you in the hole.
    Old 10-27-2014, 06:29 PM

I thought I saw jingle bell rock and a king reference so l? Let it snow
    Old 10-27-2014, 08:17 PM

It is off to bed for me again. Hoping to visit a friend tomorrow and spend some time sewing.

Mary Did you Know
    Old 10-27-2014, 09:33 PM

I vote for Dec 6. I want to let November be gone B4 I even think of Christmas.