Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >
  • Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

• Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 11-08-2014, 10:56 PM

Very productive day today. DH helped with finishing up some cleaning, he cooked dinner, and then did the dishes along with taking on some of helping keep the kids occupied this evening. I tell you I have a wonderful hubby. He did all that just so I could work on things for all the swaps I am doing.

Decided I wanted to scent the ornaments I made so got that done. They are getting packed up tomorrow. Also got my entire list for SS swap finalized and finished up three items for that. Still have a couple of things to shop for or order online depending on what I find. Feeling great as I head to bed. Hoping tomorrow is just as productive. Nite everyone.
    Old 11-09-2014, 05:18 AM

Thank you everyone! Yes, a paramedic has some serious training & is the one in charge in an ambulance. I've known many EMTs over the years but only one paramedic. I'm just mad at myself for not getting it sooner -- but, then, it wouldn't have been so much fun, would it?!!

Green is my most favorite color but, really, the only color I don't like is peach!

Everyone have a wonderful day!
    Old 11-09-2014, 07:00 AM

OH BOY! I got an ornie package in the mail! It's calling my name to open it! Can I pleeeeeease! Fudge! Not til Dec. 6th, 6 p.m. EST! Gonna have to put this where it don't shout!
    Old 11-09-2014, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF
    COOKYIN.......didn't you mention that you were getting the LED flexible battery light for your machine with the JoAnns notions discount.....have you mounted it yet?? I had to put mine on top of the machine....but i LOVE LOVE LOVE the light pointed directly onto my presser foot.
    Just FYI ladies.....it's REALLY great !!!
    Penni, I did get one, and it's great! I mounted mine to the side of a bookcase beside my machine; I only use it when I really need a bit more light on what I'm sewing. BTW, I've been absent for a week with my computer in the shop -- and am still hearing the noise that made me send it in. *sigh*
    Old 11-09-2014, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN
    Penni, I did get one, and it's great! I mounted mine to the side of a bookcase beside my machine; I only use it when I really need a bit more light on what I'm sewing. BTW, I've been absent for a week with my computer in the shop -- and am still hearing the noise that made me send it in. *sigh*
    I've been wondering where you were....thought maybe you were off on a cruise or something! Sorry about your computer.
    Old 11-09-2014, 04:24 PM
    Banned

I have been working 40 hour weeks for the past 6-7 weeks and the
    boss told me "until further notice" which means until he gets a salesman
    hired for the outside sales job.

This weekend my daughter (the pregnant one) had to move back in with
    me & hubs since she was fired from her job for being pregnant (long
    story and I can't divulge details YET).

Everything I was TRYING to make just wouldn't come together as I
    had pictured in my mind, my fear is being stuck making yo-yo orny's
    again this year. My embroidery machines are buried under tons of stuff
    now since my daughter moved back in.

But I WILL come up with some orny's even if they are yo-yos.
    Old 11-09-2014, 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=Quilty-Louise;6962524But I WILL come up with some orny's even if they are yo-yos.[/QUOTE]

Are Yo-Yo's bad? (gulp.)
    Old 11-09-2014, 05:47 PM

It's Sunday and I actually made it to church. Nice break before i settled in to quilting on that QOV that hant deserted my frame yet. Hopefully finish it up tomorrow or Tuesday---just have small areas around outer edge to finish where the template didnt quite get close enough to edge. Then binding, label and washing it.
    Not that it finishes up my quilting--just frees up the frame for the quilt for the Brat's grandpa that I promised to do for Xmas gift. Will do simple SITD for that so I can get it in the mail also.
    Yesterday i had the tV on to listen to while i quilted. NOt much on so settled on reruns of old TV series The RIfleman. After that there was a show called "Hell on WHeels". I'm thinking motorcycle or car raving, right? nope! was story of building the Union Pacific railroad in Cheyenne,Wyoming.. They were doing a marathon of the past episodes before new series starts in couple weeks. so from around noon til 9pm, i was glued to the tv as i quilted away. Fascinating story and am looking forward to next Saturday nite to see next episode. Nice to find something by accident that is so interesting.
    Old 11-09-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies
    Are Yo-Yo's bad? (gulp.)
    I don't think so, I've seen some way cute ornys made from Yo-Yos...and I've made some in the past that I liked.
    I bet she meant maybe she's made Yo-Yo ornaments before, and wants to make something different...

Kif
    Old 11-09-2014, 07:09 PM

I am sending myself to the hole. I have been a bad girl today. It was so worth it though. Spent the morning with DH and my youngest son out and about walking in the woods. Saw parts of our land today I didnt know existed. Stunning views of the cliffs. Scary but stunning. Then off to DH DGM for the afternoon and evening where we had dinner, then a visit from our nephew this evening. Its has been a great day but I did not get any of my swap stuff done. Oh well, worth it so much. Now onto the hole with me where I am sure some of you will join me.