• Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >
  • Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

• Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 11-17-2014, 04:48 PM
    Power Poster

No Ornament yet here. Tonight's low is suppose to be 9*burrr
    Old 11-17-2014, 04:50 PM

Im back from dropping son off. Took care of uniform issue I hope. Havent heard back from the extra package sender I received so still waiting. I am worried that it may have been a mistake and the other person will start thinking they are going to get their other package. Anyway. Thanks everyone for PMing when you receive.

Working on some laundry at the moment and going through all those PM's. Then its a little research to find a few things my DH is gonna need for coaching, you know whistle, dry erase board, and I want to have a shirt done for him with Coach and all that on it. Then I will be back at working on SS packages. This hand work is exciting to see come to life but so time consuming. Im slowly getting better at it. Still have to refer to the wonderful book Momma Rose got me a few years ago. So many stitches to learn and play with. Love that book just wish I had more time to sit and try out all the things in it. Well, thats all for now. Better get to that laundry if I want to get to bed at a reasonable time tonight.
    Old 11-17-2014, 04:58 PM

dont know if i have any favorite ornament from the past. when kids were little, i made felt stockings with toes for them decorated with something that was specifically for them. for example, adam's stocking had a rabbit made of felt sewn to it in blue and yellow to represent his stuffed musical bunny he had been given at birth and always slept with.
    some of those stockings are still in good shape--others have not survived eager little hands as well.
    When my oldest daughter went to Mexico on vacation one year she brought me back the cutest metal owl for my collection. it is designed to clip to a branch of the tree--it sits in my curio cabinet all the time next to her picture and helps me remember how much she loved decorating the tree each year. She made our tree look so much like it come from a fashion magazine and it always looked better than any of the decorated trees you saw in the dept store. One year it was done in gorgeous peacock feathers and ornaments to pick up colors in the feathers, The last Xmas we weere together , the theme was gold and white. A white frosted tree with only white and gold garlands and ornaments on it. and she carried the theme to the dinig room table with gold tablecloth,gold chargers and white china. she even dressed in white with gold chains.
    Old 11-17-2014, 05:54 PM

I got a pkg from Worcester, MA.
    Old 11-17-2014, 06:55 PM

Got home from work tonight and there were two envelopes in my mail box!! One is so nice and squishie I cant wait to open. I checked on the ones I sent and for some reason it is taking the scenic route and it did not have to go that far??
    Old 11-17-2014, 07:34 PM
    Banned

i now have both my orny envelopes waiting for opening day.
    Old 11-17-2014, 07:42 PM

RED....those ornaments are all SO cute....i've made the clothes pin reindeer with my kids and now my DGDs...they are always cute....and i treasure the ones DS andDD made from 30+ years ago that still hang on my tree each year.
    Old 11-17-2014, 10:05 PM

Gonna be a long night. Its getting extremely cold outside and you guessed it the furnace has decided it doesnt want to work right. It will come on then it does not want to cut off. So, it shift time here at the homestead waiting for it to kick on, let it run for a bit, then fiddle with it to get it to shut off then repeat. I see two people having a very long day tomorrow after not sleeping much tonight.
    Old 11-17-2014, 11:47 PM

roseirish, your daughter sounds fabulous! Now who do you think she got her love of style from? Maybe from watching you craft and create? Love your avatar by the way; it's really beautiful.

Now not to get off the subject of Christmas memories, but since several of you remember your mothers making the Lee Ward ornament kits... do any of you remember a craft club that sent a kit at regular intervals? I remember Mom making a wishing well out of wooden sticks and a table brush with metal dustpan that she painted with a cat design. That set hung in the kitchen my entire childhood. I can't think of any of the other kits off-hand but think she belonged for at least a year. This would have been around 1960.
    Old 11-18-2014, 02:28 AM

Sob sob I havent got a package yet, but then we only get mail 3 times a week....maybe Thursday?